PDA

View Full Version : Thorek and the Pendant of Vengance...

the12thronin
19-03-2008, 13:57
How does Thorek and the High Elf Pendant of Vengance interact. Both force rerolls of the Anvil for various reasons. So the following scenarios would then be valid:

a) Thorek Rerolls and succeeds. Elf forces a reroll and Thorek is then rerolling the success again that Kraggi can't help with.
b) Thorek succeeds on his own. Elf forces reroll the Thorek can treat as a fail and reroll to succeed.

How also would that interact with Thorek taking a negative for the anvil roll for both Kraggi and the Pendant? I would think they would be exclusive to which ever caused the failure, but I'm sure weird things could arise somehow.

Chaos Undecided
19-03-2008, 14:07
As you can never re-roll a re-roll it would be a case of either

a) Initial striking is successful, the pendant then forces a reroll
b) Initial striking is unsuccessful, Thorek can then use his Kraggi reroll to make it successful.

If the Kraggi reroll comes up as a 1 I think Thorek might be in trouble as the -1 from Kraggi and the -1 from the pendant on the failed rune table are most likely cumalative giving a high chance of the anvil going boom.

The wording of the pendant seems to suggest its presence on the battlefield means any failed rune roll is always -1 no matter whether the reroll caused the failure or not.

Gazak Blacktoof
19-03-2008, 14:28
You may never re-roll more than once but you can be forced to re-roll a success by your oponent.

Once you have passed on your ability to re-roll (because you got a successful roll) you can not have a do-over if your opponent forces you to re-roll successes.

1. Make initial rolls
2. Make own re-rolls if necessary
3. Make forced re-rolls of any successes if necessary.

Grimtuff
19-03-2008, 21:30
1. Make initial rolls
2. Make own re-rolls if necessary
3. Make forced re-rolls of any successes if necessary.

Exactly. Hatred against Armour of Damnation springs to mind.

Nurgling Chieftain
19-03-2008, 21:43
Stupid FAQ precedent. They should have stuck with their own rules, which are very simple:

You don't re-roll a re-roll. If you're in a situation where you re-roll successes and failures, then you re-roll your successes and your failures - so pick up all the dice and roll them again. At that point you're done, since all the dice have already been re-rolled, none of them can be re-rolled again.

WLBjork
20-03-2008, 07:46
Not the first time a Q&A has got the answer wrong.

20-03-2008, 16:00
basically throw the dice pick them up and throw them again.

I had something similar the other day I could reroll failed armour saves and he had a item that forced me to reroll successfull armor saves. so we threw the dice picked them up and did them again