PDA

View Full Version : New Raveners

Negafex
19-04-2005, 01:38
What changes are being made? does anyone think they will get rid of the "fast"rule or will they improve or leave it? also 18 pts for a stealer with a 6+ save, whats up with that ? i really hope they improve gene stealers saves

Oblivion
19-04-2005, 02:08
um read the rumour roundup. It has most of the info on the new rules for raveners and genestealers.

edit: hmm just realized how vague it is...... :confused:

Ravener seems to get a hormagaunt like movement now (fleet of claw, beast charge range)

Genestealers were rumoured to get a feel no pain save....though i dont know how reliable this is.

Brimstone
19-04-2005, 07:40
edit: hmm just realized how vague it is...... :confused:

It does need updating a little.

Genestealers were rumoured to get a feel no pain save....though i dont know how reliable this is.

Not happening, this is covered by the no instakill synapse rule.

@Negafex

Before starting a new thread, take the time to read down the forum. You would have found this thread, (http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=919&page=1) a pretty in depth disucssion of the Raveners.

Hellebore
20-04-2005, 08:41
It does need updating a little.

Not happening, this is covered by the no instakill synapse rule.

@Negafex

Before starting a new thread, take the time to read down the forum. You would have found this thread, (http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=919&page=1) a pretty in depth disucssion of the Raveners.

Ignoring insta death seems a bit redundant on a one wound model....

hellebore

Brimstone
20-04-2005, 08:48
Ignoring insta death seems a bit redundant on a one wound model....

hellebore

Well it's a good job the Ravener's got two then. ;)

Hellebore
20-04-2005, 08:51
Yeah, but I was referring to the genestealers.

That aside nids have certainly perked my interest.

hellebore

Brimstone
20-04-2005, 08:54
Yeah, but I was referring to the genestealers.

Well you should have said so. :p

But the no instakill is pointless on gaunts and stealers and useful for everything else that's in synapse range.

cordas
20-04-2005, 09:31
Well it's a good job the Ravener's got two then. ;)

It will be the 1st time in a long time that I will get too use them. When I 1st started using ravenors (early last year) they where devastating in my local gaming group and in games at GW, scything and rending claws (5 attacks each on the charge and 4 in the brood).

Well untill people realised how easy they are / where to kill. Ohhh look at those ordanance weapons / dark lance batteries / missile launchers, oh look at that 180 points of nothing.

The same also went for leaping broods of warriors.