PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Prince or Exalted Daemon?

Zikan
19-03-2008, 20:40
I have the model and love it to death and would really like to use it as best it can be. But im having trouble deciding on a daemon prince with master of mortals? Or a Chaos Lord and an exalted daemon as back-up (preferrably with a caddy as well)? And how to equip each one? The armies I generally play against are Lizards, HE, Ogres, and WE. Please and thanks!

Dalamyr the Fleetmaster
20-03-2008, 00:59
I'll presume your going for an undivided list if so i've always loved my Deamon Prince so this may be a bit biased i have him as lvl 4 wizard with blade of the ether soul hunger and diabolic plendour that still leaves you points to get mortals if you use the lore of fire and cast flaming sword of rhuin you get 6 strength 8 attacks httig on twos with rerolls for all misses in the first round of combet oh and because the blade of the ether isn't actualy a magic weapon it ignores armour saves as well.

if you want safe though always tkr the chaos lords the'll duff up anyone

Braad
20-03-2008, 07:40
Keep in mind that there are some new chaos books coming, and the daemons might disappear from the mortal armies.

crazywhiteboydance
20-03-2008, 08:44
Also you cannot combine blade of the aether & flaming sword, as the flaming sword takes priority over any weapon you may have. Having said that there isn't much that gets a save against strength 8 anyway :)

Leogun_91
20-03-2008, 09:47
Take a deamon prince with master of mortals and unliving idol and have both beast and mortal units as core.

Zikan
20-03-2008, 20:32
The daemonic power Blade of Ether doesnt say its a magic weapon anywhere, so I dont think it overrides, but either way -5 AS is pretty much the same thing.

Anyone have thoughts on Chaos lord with an Exalted Daemon and caddy as back up?

P.S. see my army list in the army list section.

GodHead
20-03-2008, 22:06
Blade of Aether and Flaming sword do indeed combine.

Da Black Gobbo
20-03-2008, 22:52
Lore of beast and get +3 attacks +2 str and +1 T, that's rocking hard!

GodHead
20-03-2008, 23:05
Yes. It's a default spell too.
I don't believe Daemons have access to that particular lore though.
Without my book in front of me, I think it's just Fire, Shadows and Death.

Da Black Gobbo
20-03-2008, 23:42
But Bray shammans may have it ^^

GodHead
21-03-2008, 02:34
No reason not to combine them. Bears Anger and Flaming Sword. Now that's a Daemon Prince.

Commodus Leitdorf
21-03-2008, 11:32
That would be an awesome combination...but Demon Princes cant cast the lore of beasts...and it wouldn't matter if they could anyway, it can only be cast on characters with a unit strength of 1 (Demon Prince being unit strength 3)

The Red Scourge
26-03-2008, 06:47
I have trouble seeing the use of princes or exalted daemons.

They're just to fragile. A 5+ semi-ward save and a max of 4+ armor save.

This is just like handing my opponent 400 points on a silver platter and saying "Please kill it."

Da Black Gobbo
26-03-2008, 09:28
I don't have the new army book jet so i cannot say you but maybe the exhalted daemon will have T5 and W3? with 4+ armour save and 5+ ward will be enough.

kris.sherriff
26-03-2008, 11:31
You could just take the daemon prince and then make your general a mortal character as in a chaos army the highest Ld is not necessarily the Gen and it leaves you with more points for shiny gifts.

Kris

Jack of Blades
26-03-2008, 13:05
That would be an awesome combination...but Demon Princes cant cast the lore of beasts...and it wouldn't matter if they could anyway, it can only be cast on characters with a unit strength of 1 (Demon Prince being unit strength 3)

... And even if they were US1, it cannot be combined with the FSoR, as you cannot wield a weapon while using Bear's Anger :)