PDA

View Full Version : High Elves- Host of Chrace

Amornar
19-03-2008, 22:21
Looking into a possible high elf army, I have always loved the White Lions and Chrace. This is the list I came up with, tried to make it as balanced as possible. Comments and constructive criticism please.

1999 High Elves

Archmage (With 1st WL)
Level 4
2 Dispel Scrolls
Jewel of Dusk
Folariath’s Robe

Noble (With 2nd WL)
Great Weapon
Armour of Caledor
Amulet of Light
BSB

Korhil (With Spearmen)

10 Archers

19 Spearmen
Full Command
Banner of Ellyrion

14 White Lions
Full Command

14 White Lions
Full Command

1 White Lion Chariots of Chrace

1 White Lion Chariots of Chrace

5 Dragon Princes

Eagle

Eagle

Eagle

Cheers,

Amornar

athamas
19-03-2008, 22:37
why are you sticking squishy elven mages in hard hitting elf combat units?

Amornar
19-03-2008, 22:44
Hes not so squishy when he is ethereal (folariath's robe) provided the enemy doesn't have a magical weapon he can even challenge enemies to take them out of the combat.

Uriain
20-03-2008, 03:30
Just my opnion but I was workin around a White Lions theme'd list, and while play testing it, I found that 2 units of 17 (with a character in each to make 18) and 2 units of 14 with 3 charriots, 2 units of archers and a unit of spearelves with the banner that makes them move through difficult terrain and I think an eagle (cant find list) Throw around the items and banners that give magic resistance to the WL units and a mage and you are set. Move to fast to really be hit by magic for a long period of time and the high AS White Lions get helps vs shooting/magic missle.

Dead Man Walking
20-03-2008, 03:41
I like the cloak on my mages that give the unit a 2+ ward save vrs magic. If you put your mage on a barded horse and stick him in a unit of 17 white lions you can go 7 wide with 3 ranks its pretty damned hardcore. I find elven archers are lucky if they can wound anything worthwhile.

Uriain
20-03-2008, 03:47
Thats why I always try and field 2 units of them. Have them fire at the same target (goblins and other T3 creatures) works well. Heck even against knights as they will fail some saves eventually (if there is nothing else to shoot at) I have personally found 7 to be to wide of a frontage for me, I prefer six, but if it works for you then it works eh.