PDA

View Full Version : Order of the holy cannonball 2250 pts up for rating.

KingOfStarcraft
19-03-2008, 23:03
Arch lector, war altar, great weapon, van horsmans speculum, armour of meteronic iron
Captain, pegasus, doom fire ring, fullplate, shield, lance, pistol
Wizard lvl 2, 2 dispel scrolls
Wizard lvl 2, ring of volans, rod of power

Core:
5 Knights, musician
5 Knights, musician
5 Knights, musician
5 Knights, musician
23 Swordsmen, standard, musician (wizard joins)
- 6 swordsmen
- 5 Archers
14 Flagllants

Special:
5 Pistols, musician, champion, repeater pistol
5 Pistols, musician, champion, repeater pistol
Great cannon
Great cannon

Rare:
Hellblaster
Rocket launcher (hellstorm)

Models: 94
Power Dice: 6+4 Bound
Dispel Dice: 6 + 2 Scrolls

Uriain
20-03-2008, 03:25
The only thing worth mentioning in this list is the cheese wagon, because it is simply that. 4 units of small knights will be crushed by shooting and magic, or if they do get into combat, they will not be able to do enough damage to make a difference. If you had More Anvil Units then They would be useful, but a Single unit will not do. You are trying to rely on your warmachines and cheese wagon to win you the game. Simple fact, it wont. Peopel will avoid your cheese wagon and move to kill your war machines. Everthing else is pretty much moot. If you want to do well, try taking more Blocks of Troops, as thats what wins empire the games. My regular Empire opponent has 4 big blocks of troops (one being flagalants) and does very well for himself. Uses the same rare as you which imo are the best part about playing empire (Crazy guns) He takes a Arch Lector on foot though with a GW, which serves him and the unit he is with (23 Swordsmen) very well, Warrior Priest in a unit of Great Swords, Wizard in a unit of Spearmen. Detatchments on Spear and Swordmen with pistoliers and Out Riders and a unit of 6 Knights with Champ (non IC) and a unit of 10 hand gunners. List works well and is well balanced to take on all commers. Does not rely on one specific thing. Something to think about..Plus lets be honest..Fire Mages are WAAAY cooler then Arch Lector's :D:D:D

Sarael
20-03-2008, 12:59
I was about to cry cheese, then I saw no Stanks and only 2 cannons.

The Cheese Altar doesn't work too well with a gunline, neither do knights. Hellblasters and Hellstorms don't work well with cavalry. Cannons are useful to take out tough units which your knights don't have much chance of killing themselves.

Necromancer2
20-03-2008, 13:38
I'd get rid of the War alter and sit back and shoot then counter charge. because your knights will get in the way.

KingOfStarcraft
20-03-2008, 13:59
I was about to cry cheese, then I saw no Stanks and only 2 cannons.

The Cheese Altar doesn't work too well with a gunline, neither do knights. Hellblasters and Hellstorms don't work well with cavalry. Cannons are useful to take out tough units which your knights don't have much chance of killing themselves.

Well its not A gunline. In fact i only have 4 war machines and pistoliers. Tactic is about outmanovering the enemy, trapping and setting up flank charges.