PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch 2000pt Army , Just finished and played first game

shartmatau
20-03-2008, 21:09
Hey people,
Thought I would post this fun Tzeentch Mortals list. Its not really a new idea but I haven't seen anyone actually make it, so I did this past week.

Lord of Tzeentch
Chaos Armor, Shield, Flail, Crown of Conquest
Disc of Tzeentch

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch
Chaos Armor, Shield
Disc of Tzeentch

Chaos Armor, Shield, Gaze of the Gods
Disc of Tzeentch

Chaos Armor, Shield, Golden Eye of Tze
Disc of Tzeentch

Chariot of Tzeentch

Chariot of Tzeentch

Chariot of Tzeentch

Chaos Giant

4 Screamers

I might be forgetting something on the characters but thats essentially it.
I played my first game today against a High Elf Cavalry army with a Moon Dragon Prince and two Casters. He had two units of 8 Silverhelms and a unit of 8 Dragonprinces ? the heavier cav, and a couple units of archers. Anyway things worked out well for me. It was a great game and a lot of fun playing something totally different for me.
I essentially played shoot and move the whole game. I was only charged 3 times, two of which were the chariots getting charged. The last was his dragon (riderless at this point) frenzy charging one of my lvl 2s and ripping him apart. Then he overran into my Lord, which then was counter charged by 3 remaining screamers and the lord smashed the dragon in two rounds of combat.Warhammer is a very different game when my whole plan revolves around just movement and hopefully not miscasting.

One thing though. I didn't realize most people play 2250. So keeping with the small army theme what would be good to add for 250 pts? I was thinking a big unit of furies or maybe a second giant? cheers.
Cheers.

Crispian25
21-03-2008, 01:31
Very fun list, nice for some out strange and exciting battles. Getting a second Giant and giving the Mutant Monstrosity upgrade to both should cover your points (assuming the first one didn't already). Best of luck not miscasting!

W0lf
21-03-2008, 08:34
Yes fun for you. Not for your opponent.

And against certain armies such as dwarves with S7 bolt throwers its a tad... pants?

What you ganan do against an undead army?

shartmatau
21-03-2008, 16:45
Yes a second giant may be a good choice and I have the bits to convert a second one. I'm not sure why you say its not fun for my opponent Wolf. The guy I played said it was a fun and challenging game. I think some people may not like it because the point of it is to avoid combat res which is what most armies are built around. I see it as a different army that is interesting and a challenge to for me to play and my opponent to play against.
Yeh I'm a bit worried about dwarves or elves with lots of bolt throwers. My plan remains the same though, limit LOS to a portion of the enemy and concentrate spell targets. Undead would prove to be difficult because I'd probably be even with numbers killed and numbers raised. The plan would be to take down all the fast units (cav, flyers, giants, chariots) and then depending on whats left make a charge against the general and challenge. My Chaos Lord is still tough, especially if he has orange fire cast. The other trick up my sleeve would be casting Indigo fire on units to wrap them in combat with horrors and violet fire on wizards and the general. Undead would be difficult and gunlines would be as well. I'm hoping my freedom of movement will help me out greatly there.
Cheers.

wildkarrde0
21-03-2008, 17:14
have you consider using the staff of change on the general or give the mount wizard halberds for combat cause with the orange fire the four them would be a real handful in combat. other that its a nice list when extending the army to 2250 you could try some maruder horemen ith fails or throw axes to act as charge bait and harresment