PDA

View Full Version : Characters on 2k with WE.

Da Black Gobbo
20-03-2008, 22:44
Hi there! I'm trying to do a good army for an Elite Conflict Tourney in a couple moths, but i'm having some problems with character selection, i'm thinking i a lvl 4 Wizard with lore of Beast to back my fighty characters and to help my units in combat, the magnificent first spell is just great when casted on a Wardancer or an Alter Noble but i need some advice, i was thinking on.

-Lvl 4 Wizard: Dispel scroll, orb of prophecies.

-Wardancer Noble: Blades of Loec.

-Alter Noble: Helm of the hunt, hail of doom arrow, shield, light armour.

-Branchwraith: lvl 1, cluster of radiants and anoyance of nettlings.

or

-Lvl 4 Wizard: Dispel scroll, orb of prophecies.

-Wardancer Noble: Blades of Loec.

-Alter Noble: Helm of the hunt, The item that makes enemy strike last, shield, light armour.

-Waywatcher Noble: Hail of doom arrow, Sword of might.

What do you think is best combination?? should i drop one character?? Help please!

InquisitorFenix
20-03-2008, 23:02
u cant take that second noble, too many magic points. Personally i dont find the orb worth the points, neither is the waywatcher noble. I would go with the first set of characters as they give you a decent magic defense, as well as some solid characters. Blades of loec is a really nice feature, especially when combined with killing blow. Alter noble is great, "the cruise missile noble". At 2000, i dont like to use more than 3 heroes, i would usually have another unit than say the Alter noble, as the unit has more of a chance of surviving and is a scoring unit. Without knowing what the rest of your force is like, its hard to judge, but the alter noble may fit very well. I use a wildrider noble to help break units, as well as 2 lvl 2 mages. But whatever floats your boat. WHat do you plan on using each hero for?

InquisitorFenix
20-03-2008, 23:05
on that note, i may use your idea of a lord mage rather than my 2 lvl 2 spellsingers. Maybe it will depend on whether i feel like treesurfing or using that nice lore of beasts.

Da Black Gobbo
20-03-2008, 23:40
Oh well the rest of the force is quite tipical WE, 2x8 dryads, 2x10 Glade guard, 2x5 Glade Riders, 8 Wardancers, 8 waywatchers and some wildriders or Hawkriders. Lore of the Beast is incredible good IMHO, most of all beast cowards and the first one, those 2 work great bein the first great when used in the cruiser alter noble, he becomes a beast charging with 7 str 6 attacks at ws 7, and the other spells renforce the rest of my army or kill some enemies, the bolthrower spell is quite good too.