PDA

View Full Version : Do Ogres take D6 S6 hits for their bullcharge when charging a Steam tank?

Soul of Iron
18-03-2005, 13:07
If this is the case, the tank would kill just about every Ogre charging it.

I have been away for a while, so I have no idea if this question was covered in the last forum.

Bubble Ghost
18-03-2005, 14:24
If this is the case, the tank would kill just about every Ogre charging it.

I have been away for a while, so I have no idea if this question was covered in the last forum.

Letter of the rules, yes. This is clearly silly. The most sensible fudge is just to say that the ogres neither get their impact hits nor suffer any hits themselves. That's how I'd handle it anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if this hasn't already been answered more authoritatively somewhere though, it's a big issue.

TheLeaderOfYou
18-03-2005, 21:17
First of all;
If you are going to be that way about it, then how about if you charge from more than half your charge distance you take the hits. as you will obviously be unable to slow down enough if you are a big huge ogre running as fast as you can. but if you charge from half your charge distance, you only are walking, thus no impact hits.

anarchistica
18-03-2005, 23:27
First of all;
If you are going to be that way about it, then how about if you charge from more than half your charge distance you take the hits. as you will obviously be unable to slow down enough if you are a big huge ogre running as fast as you can. but if you charge from half your charge distance, you only are walking, thus no impact hits.
Bull Charge impact hits only work when charging from at least 6" away anyway. :p

Going strictly by the rules, your Ogres indeed suffer D6 S6 hits per Ogre.

The magical "answer" in this case is that you may inflict impact hits, so any sensible person simply will not have his Ogres cause impact hits.

Raza Decon
20-03-2005, 03:00
To tell you the truth lads the Ogre book cleary says on page 16, in the Bull charge rule, that the Ogres MAY inflict one impact hit. So you have a choise on weather or not you want to cause impact hits or not.