PDA

View Full Version : Just found a blast from the past

Scrotrot
21-03-2008, 14:47
Just been cleaning out my stuff and found my old dark angel shirt from 1996, and it still fits (just).

Anyone else get one of these years ago?

Brimstone
21-03-2008, 14:58
Well I still have this but I'm sorry to say it no longer fits :(

OrlyggJafnakol
21-03-2008, 16:18
Nice to see these old T-Shirts. The oldest I have is of Ciaphas Kane riding a Rhino circa 2003.

Brimstone, that shirt is so old I'm surprised that the ecclesiarchy isn't hunting it down right now for some relic room! :)

I'd really be impressed if anyone still had a GW shirt from the 80s!

ThousandPlateaus
21-03-2008, 16:23
This is a weird insight into all y'alls taste in bedding...:D

Bloodknight
21-03-2008, 17:06
I've got one of the 1996 grey/black Adeptus Mechanicus T-shirts (with the old AdMech skull without the bionics).

Emperor's Grace
21-03-2008, 17:22
I have the GD shirts for 1998-2001 (unworn as my wife thinks their not appropos for weekend wear for some reason).

Also have the foam powerfist in space wolf grey (from GD 2001, I think)

Harry
21-03-2008, 17:56
Not my oldest but it remains my favorite:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_3218.jpg

Batwings
21-03-2008, 17:57
Hey, I still have a Dark Future 'Lust Lobsters' shirt from the late '80s somewhere!

philbrad2
21-03-2008, 18:00
Never had any of UKGD T-shirts my only piece of GW apparel is a 2003 US Eye of Terror campaing T-shirt. It's an US XL so it fits (with considerable room to spare.) :)

PhilB

Volrath
21-03-2008, 18:11
heh, I remember that shirt. =P

Scrotrot
21-03-2008, 18:29
Ive got a space hulk one somewhere too, that gorkamorka one is a classic

Deja Dude
21-03-2008, 18:44
I have a Fantasy Battle t-shirt with a Bretonnian Knight on it somewhere. I think was 13 when I got it for my birthday.

Sleazy
22-03-2008, 01:14
i used to have the catachan and valhallen camo t shirts, not sure where they went though.

I currently have a GD 2000 t shirt (tho its a staffer one so I dont wear it, would look a bit odd), a cool plain black one with just the marine stat line across the chest, a promo Ultramarine blue "Squad Command" t shirt, an Isenhorn one, a gotrek one and a Malus Darkblade one.

Sometimes I like to revel in my geekness and recieve knowing nods from fellow nerds.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
22-03-2008, 01:17
I've still got, and regularly wear, my Staff GD T Shirt, the IG Khaki one from when Eye of Terror was on.

Good T Shirt that. And better than the god awful red Daemon one from the year before. Dunno where that went.

In fact, come to think of it, I still have various uniform shirts I really, really ought to return to the store.

Angelwing
22-03-2008, 03:03
I have the necromunda house escher and the 40k battle sister t shirts. I also have a 'red shirt' still in its cellophane wrapper. It was my spare one and decided not to return it as the manager had treated me quite badly!

ryntyrr
22-03-2008, 03:12
wow... dude I have some shirts from 95. I don't fit it them anymore!! lol

Emperor Protects

Ryn

Deus Mechanicus
22-03-2008, 03:31
Where can you get some warhammer t-shirts these days?

Temprus
22-03-2008, 05:00
Where can you get some warhammer t-shirts these days?
ebay. :D I got my Rogue Trader shirt that way.

Deja Dude
22-03-2008, 10:41
Going slight off topic, but sticking to the nerdy gaming T-shirt theme, I believe Flames of War, the WW2 miniatures game sell T-shirts with different army insignia on them. One of them for the Afrika Korp has a palm tree and swastika on it... holy cow, can you imagine wearing that to the mall?!

snurl
22-03-2008, 11:12
Going slight off topic, but sticking to the nerdy gaming T-shirt theme, I believe Flames of War, the WW2 miniatures game sell T-shirts with different army insignia on them. One of them for the Afrika Korp has a palm tree and swastika on it... holy cow, can you imagine wearing that to the mall?!

DO NOT WEAR THAT TO THE MALL. OR TO WORK. I had a 3rd SS division european tour T-shirt, and you would not believe the ********* it caused.
(Unless you really like people getting in your face, then go for it.)

Sleazy
22-03-2008, 14:58
my local GW currently has Baneblade t shirts for sale, might get one.

BigRob
22-03-2008, 20:12
I had that Gorkamorka T Shirt, got it in a sale for a couple of quid along with Warhammer Quest (which was 25 to clear it). I also had the battle sister shirt, one with Karn the betrayer, an "Innocence Prooves Nothing" and green tanith one with "Men of Tanith Do you want to live forever?"

Dont know what happened to them, they vanished in the upheaval between going to uni and getting married and having a baby

Mad Doc Grotsnik
22-03-2008, 20:32
DO NOT WEAR THAT TO THE MALL. OR TO WORK. I had a 3rd SS division european tour T-shirt, and you would not believe the ********* it caused.
(Unless you really like people getting in your face, then go for it.)

Thats nothing.

Try wearing a T-Shirt with a picture of Harold Shipman with 'Carry On Doctor' above him...

Dwarf Supreme
25-03-2008, 16:55
I don't own any GW t-shirts, but the oldest one I still have is a Rush concert t-shirt from 1981. However, I wish I had bought an Adeptus Titanicus t-shirt when they were available.

Ozorik
26-03-2008, 17:31
I had a Black Legion one that I bought in maybe '95 which I wore until it fell to bits. My clothing is a little bit more mature these days though :)

Finn Sourscowl
26-03-2008, 22:31
I've still got my unworn limited edition WD t-shirt from when the err... 2nd edition of the WD model came out ('96??), I won it for the best painted example of that model at my then-local GW in Bradford. As an aside, he still leads my Dwarf army to battle 12 years later :)

Brother-Captain Antilles
26-03-2008, 22:38
I have an old (late 80's / early 90's) one with a Crux Terminatus on the front, and one from the same time period with Ragnar Blackmane in battle all over the front and back.

The only GD shirt I have is the one from GDUK 2007 (the failed armour save one), and I've worn that to work on dress down day (not too many weird looks...)

OP master N
29-03-2008, 11:21
I'm currently wearing a Deathwing shirt.
It's you-know-which green, with the Deathwing unit badge on the chest, and "DEATHWING" spelled on the left arm...

Lucky
29-03-2008, 16:41
I used to have a Spacehulk T-shirt which had the box art on the front. I honestly have no idea where it is now. Maybe it found its way to a charity shop and an old man is now rocking the Spacehulk look, one can only hope...

RavenMorpheus
29-03-2008, 16:45
I had a blood angels one (the cover of the Angels of Death codex), but the print faded and peeled due to it being washed. And I had the one with the crux terminatus on it, went the same way though :(

Slightly ot but does anyone know where I can get the DA Chaplain pic from the first post so I can use it as a wallpaper?

Tiger's Heart
30-03-2008, 09:54
Here's a collection of some of my T-shirts, modelled by a few press-ganged individuals. ;)

I'm not quite sure of the origins of the Assault Squad one (actually modelled by Hellebore - so you can be grateful I cropped the picture :angel:) - but I got it when I was back in high school from a store in Sydney, Aust. The design is a give away that this was quite a few years ago (it isn't very PC :eek:), and it certainly pre-dates any of the others.

The Dark Angels one is still my fav, but it is wearing thin now.

The SOB one would have been so much better with the large image on the front - you can't see people's reaction when it is behind you.

Tiger's Heart

OP master N
30-03-2008, 15:15
I forgot to mention the two Thanith shirts I have.
One black with the Thanith badge on the chest, and one green/brown with the Thanith logo over the heart and "Men of Thanith, do you wanna live forever?" on the back...

Hellebore
31-03-2008, 03:37
Here's a collection of some of my T-shirts, modelled by a few press-ganged individuals. ;)

I'm not quite sure of the origins of the Assault Squad one (actually modelled by Hellebore - so you can be grateful I cropped the picture :angel:)
Tiger's Heart

Only because to show my true visage would have destroyed the minds of all those who witnessed it. The power of BEARD.

Hellebore

scarletsquig
31-03-2008, 06:36
The space marine assault squad one is awesome. :D

OP master N
31-03-2008, 18:01
Would'nt have minded having the shirt with Asmodai on...