PDA

View Full Version : Strigoi Vampire Army With New Army Book

From Shadows
21-03-2008, 16:11
Well here is the list, any comments or suggestions?

Lord: level 3, blood drinker, Walachs Bloody Hauberek, Black Periapt, Infinite Hatred, Summon Ghouls, Flying Horror

Vampire: Staff of Damnation, Flying Horror, Avatar of Death

Vampire: Rod of Flaming Death, Flying Horror, Avatar of Death

Vampire: Talisman of the Lynci, Book of Arkhan, Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls

Ghouls: x19

Ghouls: x20

Ghouls: x20

Wolves: x5

Fell Bats: x4

Fell Bats: x4

Black Knights: x5 Full Command, Banner of Barrows

Black Knights: x5 Full Command, Standard of Hellish Vigour

Varghulf: x1

Varghulf: x1

So that is all for now, what do you all think? Any suggestions or tweaks?

From Shadows
21-03-2008, 17:36
No comments or suggestions? Please any help or tweaks would be greatly appreciated.

heinrichvoncarstein
21-03-2008, 18:33
You should be more patient.
Anyways, what's the total pts value of that list? it can impossibly be 2k?
I would suggest adding some protection to your vamps. Having expensive characters ripped to shrds is something you should try to avoid. And if you want to have a stronger strigoi theme i would lose at least one of the bound spells

From Shadows
21-03-2008, 22:00
The list is 2500 points , i feel the vampires have some protection with the lord having walachs bloody hauberek and two of the other vamps having, the avatar of death (heavy armour and shield).So what would your suggestion be for better protection? As you made this statement but did not give any suggestions.Does anyone else have some usefull or help full comments.

heinrichvoncarstein
21-03-2008, 23:12
Okay.... In 2500pts having a 4+ armour save for a character worth 200pts is NOT good protection. The flayed hauberk on 1 vamp and maybe wristbands of black gold, nightshroud, crown of the damned or blood drinker for the other vamps.

Sarael
22-03-2008, 04:33
For character on character combat, I find that anything less than a 2+ save is useless (Str. 7 reduces armor save by 4) and that even then, having a 6+ save isn't terribly useful. It's ward or bust for me, but that's me.

I also find that a unit is often enough protection for a character, especially a caster, but that's me.

My only concern with the list is the ghoul units: no ghast? I find they're perfect for preventing my vampires from having to take a challenge from something like a chaos lord or ogre tyrant.

koningswulf
22-03-2008, 09:35
Myself i am not that keen of flying vampires but rather have them in safety in units if one could say such a thing in a a battle and use the powers on better combat ones like walking death and infinite hatred and such