PDA

View Full Version : What are Chaos's Weaknesses?

UvulaBob
09-10-2005, 16:36
I'm aware of someof the more obvious waeknesses of Chaos. Only one (really expensive) war machine, expensive troops and no real speed.

How does this (and any other weaknesses I may not know about) translate into victory for an opposing army (Dwarfs, Wood Elves, Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts)?

DarkstarSabre
09-10-2005, 20:01
Simple- take something that negates armour saves. Cannons, bolt throwers, magic or even hard hitting monsters....

As for another weakness? Unless they're taking daemons they're generally not immune to psychology. Considering they come in small, expensive units most undead armies can outnumber then a scary, scary amount. Hit them with multiple units and they run...and when they run...that's a lot of points on the trot.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
09-10-2005, 21:19
plus they don't have amazing leadership, just better than average.
they do run.
any shooting is good against them due to their limited numbers.

Angelripper
09-10-2005, 21:31
The biggest weakness I see is that with exception of that big deamongun they have no shooting at all. Lost against fleeing shooty Woodies due to this "Weakness" but nonetheless Chaos is a good Army and not easy to beat if you field a normal Army and no Chedder force

09-10-2005, 22:05
beacuase they are expensive you get either lots of small units (easy to beat in combat due to ranks and such) or few large units (easy to beat with outmanuvering)

they are tough as nails but either way they have a weakness so exploit it.

their muraders are cheap enough to have larger units but low armor

Harek Doombringer
09-10-2005, 22:13
I can say it in one single word: Doomseekers.

User Name
09-10-2005, 22:22
VC max out your magic phase take both books (-1 aganst chaos is brutal for them) and 1 or 2 large untis of spirit hosts. a cannon or 20 xbows from DoW and the rest ehat you like, although a winged nightmare dose wonders aganst them

Neknoh
09-10-2005, 22:30
The biggest weakness of Chaos is actually their generals.

There are a LOT of Chaos Generals who think their units to be immortal or impervius, but they are not.

Remember, a cunning general that fields Chaos uses whatever units suits him, for instance, he need screens and skirmisher repellers, he fields a beastherd, he needs numbers for his Wariors, he fields a bunch of Marauders.

But, against the former mentioned players, those who put their Lord of Khorne with weapons of über death in a unit of 10 Chosen Knights of Khorne with Banner of Rage and an Exalted Champion as well... just blast the god damn thing, or tie it up in a wood, fighting something very durable.

Remember, do not design a list to specifikally tacle them, for instance, don't rely on autobreak when using VC, since both Nurgle and Slaanesh takes that advantage away on the big bad units that you actually want to autobreak.

So, field a normal list and make the best of the situation

Screamin Daemon
09-10-2005, 22:33
The high cost of most everything in a chaos army means that you are outnumbered and out gunned. Having said that, Chaos has the most variety to choose from, and there are ways of getting around big monsters, doomseekers and pesky gun lines.

The best way to defeat all of these obstacles is to have a variety of units with a variety of abilities. Chosen Khorne warriors will beat the crap out of most everything in the game...we have more flyers (or creatures with movement 10) than any other army...we have access to two of the best lores in the game (shadow and slaanesh) in my oppinion....

Vary your list, and you will see most of your problems disapear.

Senbei
09-10-2005, 23:16
Khorne Daemon armies have always appeared almost unstoppable to me.... Ward Saves, a high toughness, magic resistance, flying heroes and multiple wound cavalry mean they can ignore most missile fire and magic, saunter accross the field of play and then shread even the toughest combat opponents. Theyre not overly expensive either. Other Chaos armies arent too unbalanced - they might not run away, but if you can hold up the bulk of the army whilst hitting one unit at a time with some elite troops and characters, you might just be able to fight your way through. Khorne is another bucket of fish, and what makes it worse is that whilst not all Khornate generals are evil, you do tend to find a percentage of powergamers, who get kicks from beating kids and then gloating about it, amongst their ranks. Well.. thats what I have found, maybe I just play at the wrong kind of clubs and stores.....

Hywel
10-10-2005, 00:28
I always consider Khorne one of the easier armies to defeat... you can control the opponents movement almost as well as he can if you play it right...

Chaos will either lack speed or numbers. If they do both, get rid of the fast stuff and the remainder will unravel. Fast armies are somewhat problematic but not exposing your flanks and having some firepower will often see to them. As for the slow hordes, which are a deal rarer, Punch through the marauder units and surround anything menacing.

Orcdom
10-10-2005, 04:07
But, against the former mentioned players, those who put their Lord of Khorne with weapons of über death in a unit of 10 Chosen Knights of Khorne with Banner of Rage and an Exalted Champion as well... just blast the god damn thing, or tie it up in a wood, fighting something very durable.

squig herds work wonders here. let the Frenzied loons charge, flee with your night gobbos and let the squigs go everywhere.

finatics are great here too.
Steve

Trunks
10-10-2005, 04:51
Khorne Daemon armies have always appeared almost unstoppable to me.... Ward Saves, a high toughness, magic resistance, flying heroes and multiple wound cavalry mean they can ignore most missile fire and magic, saunter accross the field of play and then shread even the toughest combat opponents. Theyre not overly expensive either. Other Chaos armies arent too unbalanced - they might not run away, but if you can hold up the bulk of the army whilst hitting one unit at a time with some elite troops and characters, you might just be able to fight your way through. Khorne is another bucket of fish, and what makes it worse is that whilst not all Khornate generals are evil, you do tend to find a percentage of powergamers, who get kicks from beating kids and then gloating about it, amongst their ranks. Well.. thats what I have found, maybe I just play at the wrong kind of clubs and stores.....

High Toughness? Bloodletters and Fleshhounds are only toughness three. If you bring masses of missile fire they are in trouble.

Their heavy cavalry is EIGHTY POINTS PER MODEL. You can also hit them with one killing blow and they die, regardless of them having three wounds apiece.

They have magic resistance, but not many dispel dice. Meaning, if your spells aren't affecting them directly then you are going to get most of your spells off.

Frenzy can be a pain for a khorne general, although once you get use to it it is not so bad. If you have a very mobile army though, it gets much harder for the khorne general to deal with his own frenzy.

Khorne Demons are usually seen as one of the hardest armies to use against an experienced player.

shadowprince
10-10-2005, 06:15
thats funny chaos having a weekness. Not all chaos have high cost hounds and maraders are actually fairly cheep and a good general usei ng chaos will not really have much weakne's. You have to have the ability of a very god tacticion and notice the individual listsweaknesses.

Eldacar
10-10-2005, 10:13
While Khorne Chaos played by new to good players can be easy to beat if you use their Frenzy against them, I'd be wary of Khorne lists played by professionals, because they know exactly what they are doing, and aren't likely to make a mistake with their army. They know its strengths and weaknesses, and aren't going to go down easily.

Orcdom
10-10-2005, 18:39
but better players dont usually play Khorne
Steve

Bal
10-10-2005, 19:33
a skaven army will make filet-ameriacan of a chaos army,
chaos: short numbers,
skaven: HUGE numbers! (and scary shooting)

a skaven army in the hands of someone who can handle them will take care of any chaos army!
atleast, that's what i think.

i do think that some army's are more effective against certain races.
That doesn't mean that a chaos army is helpless against skaven!!
and that's the beauty of warhammer!!!

DarkstarSabre
10-10-2005, 19:44
Skaven don't even need numbers.

Just ratling guns.

*shudders*

Eldacar
11-10-2005, 10:51
but better players dont usually play Khorne
That's blatant stereotyping. I know a fair few people off the top of my head who do play Khorne, and they play it very well.

Skaven don't even need numbers.

Just ratling guns.

*shudders*
Truer words were never spoken.

Orcdom
11-10-2005, 17:37
around here anyways its not steriotyping because there are only 2 regular khorne players, one is an ok player but only wanted something different than his shooty empire and easy to paint.
the other is not a real good taction/strategist whatever you call it, he dont win much. the other khorn armies are shelved for the better likes of slanesh and tzeentch.

maybe its your older gamers get tired of an army with only one playstyle?

Steve

Scythe
12-10-2005, 09:40
I've always found Khorne armies rather dull. You have no shooting or magic phase, and you have limited control in the movement phase due your frenzy. Doesn't make for a very interesting game if you ask me. Not enough factors I can influence.

Eldacar
12-10-2005, 11:43
and you have limited control in the movement phase due your frenzy.
If you do it right, then you'll go exactly where you want to go, regardless of Frenzy.

Scythe
12-10-2005, 12:10
Still, frenzy limits you in your control. You can't flee, and you can't ignore some opponents. Sure, you can avoid this by clever movement, buth it is still limited control compared to 'normal' units.

Latro
12-10-2005, 12:16
I've always found Khorne armies rather dull. You have no shooting or magic phase, and you have limited control in the movement phase due your frenzy. Doesn't make for a very interesting game if you ask me. Not enough factors I can influence.

Speaking from experience ...

Even though I haven't been playing Khorne for very long now, I quickle found out that using the right units means I have more than enough control of the movement. Usually it's the opponent that has to move very careful in reaction to my moves because of the huge area of threat my army projects.

Warhounds, Marauder Horsemen, Furies are all great for controlling my frenzied heavy hitters until it's time to let them loose. Bloodbeasts offer another way to have a dependable battle-line.

Even Chariots with a Mark of Khorne, though warned against by a lot of people, offer great value. The frenzy makes sure that even in the case of rolling a one on impact hits, it's still a total 2 S5 hits, 4 S5 attacks and 2 S4 attacks minimum ... and added to that I get another extra dispel die.

Nope, no complaints about Khorne at all so far :)

:cool:

BoosterX
13-10-2005, 01:43
don't rely on autobreak when using VC, since both Nurgle and Slaanesh takes that advantage away on the big bad units that you actually want to autobreak.

Uhm, how is Nurgle immune from fear and psychology? Nurgle still will autobreak if they lose combat.

Tell me I am wrong...

Ivan Stupidor
13-10-2005, 02:16
Uhm, how is Nurgle immune from fear and psychology? Nurgle still will autobreak if they lose combat.

Tell me I am wrong...

The Mark of Nurgle makes you cause fear. Units that cause fear are themselves immune to fear ("Oi! Them buggers ain't no more frightful than wot I sees in the mirror each mornin'!"), and thus do not autobreak from fear-causing enemies that outnumber them and beat them in combat. However, if they are outnumbered by a terror-causing enemy, they will break automatically if it beats them, as it still counts as causing fear to them.

Scythe
13-10-2005, 11:55
Of course, there are not many terror causing units around... (unless.. bring out the battle standard with VCs!)

Imho, mark of Nurgle is quite handy. Tough you suffer from panic and terror still, at least you can flee from charges...

TrollTyg
13-10-2005, 12:33
The biggest weakness I see is that with exception of that big deamongun they have no shooting at all. Lost against fleeing shooty Woodies due to this "Weakness" but nonetheless Chaos is a good Army and not easy to beat if you field a normal Army and no Chedder force

Are we forgetting marauder horsemen with throwing axe's here?

@ Scythe
The mark of nurgle is to expensive to take on units, just use it on your demons (becous they already has it, and its worth taking it on your chariots) and your characters then the enemy have to take that fear test anyway when charging or getting charged.
You will never outnumber your opponent with caos warriors anyway so no auto brake.

StarFyre
13-10-2005, 13:12
Best solution to Khorne, regardless if general is a mortal, bloodthirster, etc...

(from mouth of a decent Khorne player that beat me in a tourny..hehe... Lizardmen Southlands, or Skaven SAD)

Makes me want to make both of them just to save for a Khorne opponent...

Sanjay

Tormentor of Slaanesh
13-10-2005, 22:10
can you beat chaos with a tournament army?

leeoaks
13-10-2005, 23:12
"If you do it right, then you'll go exactly where you want to go, regardless of Frenzy."

i see this alot your never get your army to go where you like! its almost imposible! unless your opponent is not the greatest of players....your screens are all squishy even to bow fire, by turn two my non cheese DOW would have removed you screens and my fast cav and the manlayers would be running a mockery of any frenzy! i love when people say the above, again enforcing the god like status that some chaos players believe it to be!

also try playing a scenario not just a charge an smash!

Carcass
14-10-2005, 00:03
The biggest weakness of chaos army is that it has to many things. In other words , you can have a good army list IF you know against what army you are playing but you cant have a good ( or average ) general list.
As you said, chaos hasnt got any shooting but can avoid an average amount of shooting ( with screens of warhounds and flying units ). They have an average leadership value, but you can have units immune to psychology, etc etc.
In other words, chaos has almost everything but most of them are too expensive to combine them and if you do, you have to play very carefully as you will be outnumbered from most non-elite army lists. And also, another think is that the combination of a deamonic unit in a mortal army isn't worth ( except the flying, if you are playing against a shooting army that is not skaven ).

Trunks
14-10-2005, 03:04
"If you do it right, then you'll go exactly where you want to go, regardless of Frenzy."

i see this alot your never get your army to go where you like! its almost imposible! unless your opponent is not the greatest of players....your screens are all squishy even to bow fire, by turn two my non cheese DOW would have removed you screens and my fast cav and the manlayers would be running a mockery of any frenzy! i love when people say the above, again enforcing the god like status that some chaos players believe it to be!

Heh, and I laugh when I read stuff like this. Any decent player using a number of frenzied regiments (like I do with my Dark Elves), will have fast cavalry/mobile troops of their own to engage your own fast cavalry. THAT is how you control frenzy, eliminate the troops that are going to draw your frenzied troops around at bad angles into bad places. You should have at least one fast cavalry or skirmisher or other mobile regiment per frenzied regiment if you have alot of frenzied troops most of the time.

I'm sorry your opponents can't destroy/occupy your frenzy bait regiments :)

Frankly
14-10-2005, 03:52
I totally agree with Trunks.

If your army relies on alot of Frenzied units IN COMBAT, then its the rest of the armylists job to get them there.

Any decent player can do this using tactics.

The problem that I see is this; alot of players look at frenzied units and just think "hmmm hitty" and think nothing else, they never actually tailor their armylist to get support frenzied units.

I run 5 units of khorne Minotaurs with 3 frenzied characters, I support them with around 40 - 60 warhounds, chariots, beastherds and flyers. Part of my army is geared for combat and the rest of the army is geared to get they into combat. 99% of the time my troops go where I tell them.

A friend plays HoC and he runs around the same number of hounds + flyers + chariots and around 4 units of khorne cavalry + frenzied characters. Thats his tournament winning armylist, I've never seen him have trouble with frenzy because his elite choices are very welll supported.

Frankly
14-10-2005, 04:17

I actually find them enjoyable to play and play against.

You really have to have forethought to use frenzied units well, combat isn't there biggest phase of your turn, the movement phase is and I prefer movement in two armylists over just sitting there rolling dice at range.

Like any army especially one the relies on movement and then has a flaw like frenzy, its important the gain the tempo of the game and TOTALLY be in control of your own movement phase. Just one challenges when getting to grips with using frenzied units well.

Scythe
14-10-2005, 10:40
Mah, it probably depends on playing style. I really like to do something usefull in each phase of the game... that's probably why I enjoy playing with my dark elves so much... I can move and maneuver with great flexibility, have a good magic phase, a good shooting phase, and decent close combat as well... the best of all worlds...;)

Eldacar
14-10-2005, 15:51

This post is so full of holes that I don't even need to bother refuting them. Other people have already done so. Think before you post.

And you seem to think that because my experiences don't agree with yours, that I never play scenarios. I think you need to reevaluate your thinking if you want to achieve the barest modicum of truth to your opinion here.

can you beat chaos with a tournament army?
High Elves can. This list (http://koti.mbnet.fi/bobolius/Rosters/WHFB/Tiranoc.htm) is about as cheesy as you can go with the HE, and has an excellent chance of beating them. There are other options (heavy magic), but those can be neutralised.

Orcdom
14-10-2005, 16:25
why is 4 chariots and almost all of the rest being fliers considered cheesy? because it dont sit with your idea of army composition?
it dont seem like too hard of an army to beat.
just might be easy for it to beat chaos because when it does hit hits hard and chaos typically dont have alot of units.
and with this list the elves own manuverability, which they IMHO should.
i just think its kind of stupid with 4 chariots in 2K because of the cost, points/figure ratio

(goblin player at heart)

Steve

Frankly
14-10-2005, 16:42
playing with my dark elves so much...... the best of all worlds...;)

Too true, I play magic heavy Southlands a lot just so I get everything out of all my phases, heavy on mobility, heavy on magic, shooting and even combat ... 4 units of Kroxigors.

I suppose a weakness of Chaos is their predictablity of marching ford and charging.

der_lex
14-10-2005, 19:05
I suppose a weakness of Chaos is their predictablity of marching ford and charging.

This is far from true for all Chaos armies...my own Tzeentch force will lovingly hang back and blast the enemy with magic instead of charging forward like a mad bull, and I think most Slaanesh armies can do the same...(no experience at all with Nurgle)

I have to agree with the 'the main weakness of Chaos is the small size of the force' statements...

shooting is painful but not deadly if you screen well and are smart enough to attack any shooters and especially war machines in the opposing army first with some magic, fast daemonic units (Screamers are awesome units for this purpose) or a Hellcannon, if it behaves itself...

Trunks
14-10-2005, 19:24
Mah, it probably depends on playing style. I really like to do something usefull in each phase of the game... that's probably why I enjoy playing with my dark elves so much... I can move and maneuver with great flexibility, have a good magic phase, a good shooting phase, and decent close combat as well... the best of all worlds...;)

I look at the four phases of the game and try to my best to have a major presence in two of them and have a little bit of a presence in the other two when possible.

With my Dark Elves I try to move/maneuver and crush in close combat. I have little shooting support (2 Bolt Throwers, 23 or so repeater crossbows on my dark riders and shades) and bare minimum magic for defense (caddie).

I think that when you try to win at all four phases you spread yourself a little thin. "Jack of All Trades Master of None" sort of thing. If it works for you though go for it.

Latro
14-10-2005, 19:54
I look at the four phases of the game and try to my best to have a major presence in two of them and have a little bit of a presence in the other two when possible.

I totally agree with that :)

Khorne Cavalry =

- combat is very strong
- movement is very strong
- magic (defensive) is above average
- shooting is ... uhm ... what shooting?

and I would even add a fifth category:

- psychology is above average

Tremble ye mortals, for the Tempest of Blood is coming :evilgrin:

Scythe
15-10-2005, 15:28

With my Dark Elves I try to move/maneuver and crush in close combat. I have little shooting support (2 Bolt Throwers, 23 or so repeater crossbows on my dark riders and shades) and bare minimum magic for defense (caddie).

I think that when you try to win at all four phases you spread yourself a little thin. "Jack of All Trades Master of None" sort of thing. If it works for you though go for it.

You don't have to win, you just have to influence. I always like to have a backup phase if one is not going as well as it should be. Apart form the magic phase, it is not that your phases get that less effective if the opponent exceeds you in a certain phase.

Eldacar
15-10-2005, 19:03
why is 4 chariots and almost all of the rest being fliers considered cheesy? because it dont sit with your idea of army composition?
it dont seem like too hard of an army to beat.
Are you addressing that list? Take note, there are eight chariots, four eagles, two eagle Commanders (with S6), A Prince on Griffon, a scroll caddy, and a couple of small Silver Helm flankers. That army will generally move at around 16-18" every turn. Hold back enemy magic for a turn, and by turn 2, they're in combat from them charging. And because one chariot, for example, only costs 85 points, you can afford to toss it away.

Now, it is a powergaming list. It moves incredibly fast. A list designed similarly to it won the UK GT (there were a few slight differences). You will, in most cases, simply not have enough time to respond to it before it hits you.

Orcdom
15-10-2005, 20:03
dont bitch about it, just dont play against it then and army with artillary, some of the chariots should die easily enough. 1 scroll caddy means he will only be shutting down 2 spells the first turn, if his opponett is magic heavy that shouldnt matter too aweful much.
and around here in fantasy we dont always play with a open field either. some times if your timing isnt exact your bottlnecked.

you gripe about 1 elf list that is cheasy, then you read every other forum thread about highelves that they are hard to use effectively. any list could be found cheasy by someones definition.

i actually dont think this list would be too bad a list to play against with my all goblin army.

but then again this thread is not about High Elves either.
then again the thread was not about tournament lists either, a tournament is

designed for one thing, who is the best, whether it be fighting or playing with army men. like you said it was similarly designed after a tournament list.

Steve

Archaon
16-10-2005, 01:17
I'd like to see how this HE army fares against the new Wood Elves or a magic heavy Tzeentch Warrior Army.

Anyway.. i play Chaos for years now and mostly stayed away from the most cheesy forms (Tzeentch magic heavy e.g.) but found that a well mixed Chaos army is also a challenge.

I mostly play Khorne Chaos Warriors (since i'm not a big fan of magic).. 2 or 3 Khorne units (mostly Knights, Chariots and a unit of Chaos Warriors) backed up by 3-4 Chaos Hound units and 2-3 units of Marauders..

Went well with them..

Weaknesses.. generally a low model count. If you have the right weapon it can be an easy win.

Eldacar
16-10-2005, 09:59
dont bitch about it, just dont play against it then and army with artillary, some of the chariots should die easily enough.
I'm not "bitching". I'm simply stating that it is a powergaming list. Three spells will be shut down on the first turn (and there might even be a Drain Magic getting off, which can effectively close down one more), and in turn two, they've hit you.

Shooting with artillery is a problem, but then, artillery can be a problem for just about everything.

and around here in fantasy we dont always play with a open field either. some times if your timing isnt exact your bottlnecked.
"Around here in Fantasy?" I've been here for a while now. You're assuming I'm a 40K player, and you're also assuming that I've never, or almost never, played, and that I have no real concept of the "style of play". Please, don't be insulting.

you gripe about 1 elf list that is cheasy, then you read every other forum thread about highelves that they are hard to use effectively. any list could be found cheasy by someones definition.
I already said I wasn't griping at all. I play High Elves, for the love of god. I know they're hard to use, I know their strengths, I know their weaknesses, and that list is heavily built about all their strengths (barring magic). Don't lecture me.

Enough said there.

Khorne does actually have a weakness with their low model count, as every model you lose can become a major problem. However, the fact that they can more than make up for that once they reach combat balances things out.

Orcdom
16-10-2005, 16:27
around here? good to know Australia was in West Virginia, It sure didnt mean Warseer, i wasnt assuming you were "just a 40K player" and i was stating the terrain because alot of people in other [places besides where i live play alot of open field pitched battles. but i cant help some people read more into a post than what is actually there.

and that list dont have a low model count? even lower than a Khorne army?

Steve

Trunks
16-10-2005, 19:31
Geeze Orcdom. There is no reason to be insulting and whatnot towards him.

All he is saying is that it is a powergamer's list. That is all. Anyone could make a powergamer list with just about any Army book.

He wasn't trying to start a fight or anything. You are really blowing it out of proportion here.

Wintersdark
16-10-2005, 20:58
heh Chaos is a reasonably easy opponent for Wood Elves. Slaughter their fast support troops early on (marauder horse, furies), then just pick your fights of the rest. Khorne is the easiest - so simple to force them into forests - particularly when you can move those forests. Khorne chariots? *rofl*

Latro
16-10-2005, 21:29
heh Chaos is a reasonably easy opponent for Wood Elves. Slaughter their fast support troops early on (marauder horse, furies), then just pick your fights of the rest. Khorne is the easiest - so simple to force them into forests - particularly when you can move those forests. Khorne chariots? *rofl*

... believe what you want, I'm just happy a very large part of the treehugger army lost the option to flee from a charge :evilgrin:

Wintersdark
16-10-2005, 21:52
heh sure, but that parts that need to flee still do :) I don't ever get charged if I don't want to be - particularly by a slow, clunky chaos army!

Trunks
17-10-2005, 03:59
Too bad beastmen supporting those warriors can run through the woods and eat your Wood Elves arms like they are some sort of crazy submarine sandwich of flesh and bones and . . . stuff.

Wintersdark
17-10-2005, 04:44
Buahah! Buahah! *wipes tears from eyes*

Beastmen in the wood are dead beastmen :)

Being able to hammer them again, and again, and again with direct damage treesinging (incidentally not requiring LOS or even range)... not to mention making the Deepwood sphere I keep taking really worthwhile. Oh, yeah, bring on the beastmen.

shadowprince
17-10-2005, 04:50
Whats with the misconception of all chaosarmies haveing few numers when they have a huge range in price from 6pts to 50 pts allowing them a moderatly sized army if they don't go all elite, which most good chaos players will do.

User Name
17-10-2005, 05:53
take something fast that can take out ether allot of t4 wounds or cut through armour, messing with psyche is ok but khorne slaanesh and nurgle dont care about fear, khorne and slaanesh dont care about psych all togetherve great effect on them as their best units are usually small and elite and as such flanks from high strength monsters are usually quite deadly. Demons with the blade of either are a real pain... so are zombie dragons, and dragons, and shagoths, and giants... really anything with t6 will do.

double team chariot charge character optional.

for elfs, the absolute best way is 2 bolt throwers, and a large unit with the bearer of plus d6CR backed with your own playing style. Swardmasters, 8 S-helms whatever else...

I have found that monsters, ones that fly in particular have great effects, if they have a high strength… or are uber magic treemen…

nurgle is although some what weak against it because the mark costs 50 points so if there is a large nurgle unit take it out and you have about 400 VP.

Eldacar
17-10-2005, 12:09
Swardmasters, 8 S-helms whatever else...
*Dies of shock*

Sorry. Had to do it. Swordmasters, for all their supposed skill, are only deadly if they get to attack. When the Chaos Knights/uber unit hit them (said SM's being one of the most targeted units in the HE army, because of their S5 I-order attacks), they'll die very, very fast.

And units of 8 don't really work. 5 or 6 for flankers, 10-12 for the hammer units.

Although, in the case of Khorne, 2 bolt throwers are useless compared to 4 Eagles. If you do it right (and your opponent isn't a really, really good player), then you should be able to direct the Khorne units away from your crucial units. Sacrifice the Eagles if necessary, they're only 50 points each.