PDA

View Full Version : Shaggoth or giant?

Jos
21-03-2008, 23:35
So I was thinging of getting the fabolous shaggoth model, but after looking at the rules I found myself concerned... Aren't really chaos giants better?

TheDarkDuke
22-03-2008, 01:53
to be honest i dont think either of them are really worth the points.

if i had to choose id go with regular giant as i think hes more capable of damage and mutant monstrosity is fairly good. shaggoth is more expensive and just as likely to die from range as the giant.

DrakenhofGuard
22-03-2008, 02:26
i think if i remember correctly when you put mark of slannesh(don't remember how to spell) on a shaggoth it recieves the ASF rule and if you combine that with a Great Weapon you have a real monster...... but even still i would go with giant and i don even know if the shaggoth fits in with your army..... but the shaggoth model is fantastic

Drakenhof Guard

Lord Malorne
22-03-2008, 02:30
Shaggoth with GW. He is always underestimated by people in regards to how easy he is to kill and the damage he can do...which will in fact do a hell of a lot damage!

Cartoon
29-03-2008, 02:32
It's good to know about the MoS on a shaggoth and as luck would have it I'm starting a Slaanesh army and just stumbled upon a shaggoth model. Huzaa

destroyerlord
29-03-2008, 02:37
Most people would say the giant is better for its points, but the shaggoth model is probably the best in the beastmen army.

IronBrother
29-03-2008, 02:47
The Shaggoth is faster and hits harder than a giant 83% of the time (barring Jump Up and Down). That and the model looks way cooler than the dumb old giant.

Conotor
29-03-2008, 02:53
10 stubborn LD all the way!

Arguleon-veq
29-03-2008, 03:07
I love my Shaggoth model, I just cant seem to bring myself to take it in an army though, I cant see it winning combats, or even sticking around long if it doesnt. It just isnt a very good unit. Its too expensive to be a support unit for others.

The Red Scourge
05-04-2008, 18:48
Of the two I'd go with the shaggoth – its a way cooler model ;)

But pointswise I'd rather have 4 dragon ogres with great weapons (which is even one point cheaper). This would give me 12 S7 attacks with 16 wounds.

Can't see a giant nor a shaggoth competing with this. (Too bad the dragon ogres look so awful.)

Nkari
06-04-2008, 14:08
I agree.. Dragon Ogres.. they are the best unit in the entire chaos army.. both mortal and beastmen..

skank
06-04-2008, 23:53
Can't belive the shaggoth is getting more votes!... must be for the model.

The giant can opperate alone, holding a unit indefinatly or shoving a general in his pants, great.
Shaggoths require support to beat any mainline unit, unit of cavalry would be better.

Braad
07-04-2008, 09:20
Shaggoth. Just love the model.
Don't take me wrong, I like giants too, but Shaggoth's just look cool.

By the way, if people say giants are not worth their points, please tell that to a certain unit of chosen chaos knights when my giant happened to start jumping up and down on them...

The Phat Dorf
07-04-2008, 09:25
shaggoth. only because of the model