PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity,breeds more stupidity

Killingspree
22-03-2008, 04:08
Okay here is the deal plain and simple, (albeit I hope this hasn't been discussed already) let's say we have some pointy little vampire with the crown of the damned sitting his lazy **** on a big 'ol zombie dragon. Now let's assume that aforementioned vampire realizes how bad at rolling I am and suffers from stupidity, does he still move at normal rate?
Ironically I voted that he did move at half rate while my opponent voted that since the mount is actually the model doing the moving, he moves at full. This to me seemed a little too easy to by pass stupidity but also presented the argument of whether or not I could use flying movement or ground movement. Does anyone have any clarification for me or am I waiting up the creek without a paddle for my FAQ?

K/S

GodHead
22-03-2008, 04:11
The rule on p.79 is quite clear:
If either the rider or the steed suffer from Stupidity, test using the rider's Leadership - both are affected if the test is failed. If both the rider and the Steed suffer from Stupidity, test only once for both.

Killingspree
22-03-2008, 04:17
Good, so i played that part right but what movement rate is used?

Jonke
22-03-2008, 04:42
The mounts movement is used.

siphon101
22-03-2008, 05:51
and, since the zombie dragon flies, it's important to note that this is its base movement value, not half its flying distance of 20"

Killingspree
22-03-2008, 17:24
and, since the zombie dragon flies, it's important to note that this is its base movement value, not half its flying distance of 20"

That's what I needed to know, THANKS everyone for the fast responses!

EvC
23-03-2008, 20:52
Bonus point: you can still move the stupid undead model with Vanhels Danse, but he is unable to declare a charge with it.

Uriain
24-03-2008, 04:12
It doesnt say that you cant charge with it. Spell says you may make a normal 8 inch move (which includes charges, wheels, reforms etc). Nothing stated about psychology. Now one could argue it both ways, the spell overrides the stupidity, or that the psychology still stands. But I dont care ether way lol, Im a DE so dont have any moves spells

EvC
24-03-2008, 10:48
Rules for stupidity explicitly say he can't charge that turn. Dark Elves can use Shadow Magic can't they? Unseen Lurker on Cold Ones could do the job ;)