PDA

View Full Version : 2x 2k VC List help me decide

Eisenhorn
22-03-2008, 12:16
Well i have alot of spare time at work so i did up some VC listes. After writing up about 13 diffrent listes i have narrowed it down to two, But i cannot decide wich one to go with. When i finish painting my skaven.

(I do know there are loads on these formus already, but i have not seen any that has the same combos as my two listes)

List 1

2000pt Vampire Counts

Lords and Heros

Vampire Lord
Powers: Master of the black arts, Lord of the dead, Forbidden lore (vampire lore)
Items: The flayed hauberk, Talisman of lycni, Wristbands of black gold, black periapt
Points = 435

Vampire
Powers: Dark acolyte, Avatar of death (Heavy armor, Shield, Hand weapon)
Items: Enchanted shield, Book of arkham
Mount: Hellsteed
Points = 220

Vampire
Items: Sceptere de noirot
Points = 175

Vampire
Points = 150

Core

14 Skeleton warriors, Standar bearer = 120

10 Skeleton warriors, Standar bearer = 88

10 Skeleton warriors, Standar bearer = 88

10 Crypt gouhls = 80

10 Crypt gouhls = 80

Corpse cart, Bale fire = 100

Special

5 Black Knights = 120

5 Black Knights = 120

Totale

Characters = 980
Core = 776
Special = 240

Totale = 1996

I am very confident in the numbers of this army although there are not alot of killy stuff there. The skeleton unites while be buffed up by my lord and then act as anivels. The Black knights and ghouls will get van helesed into hammers.

My lord will have a supporting role behind the skeleton unites, while the two Vamps on foot goes in each of the 14 strong Skeleton unites. The mounted vamp will baby sit the black knights or go wizard hunting if he gets the oppertuneti.

With a potential of 14 power dice or 8 dispell dice pluss -2 to cast for enemy wizards, This should deveaste my opponetns magic quite severly. Unless its a slann/teclis list.

List 2

2000pt Vampire Counts

Lords and Heros

Vampire Lord
Powers: Master of the black arts, Lord of the dead, Dark acolyte
Items: The flayed hauberk, Talisman of lycni, Wristbands of black gold, black periapt
Points = 430

Vampire
Items: Enchanted shield, Book of arkham
Mount: Hellsteed
Points = 220

Vampire
Items: Sceptere de noirot, Biting Blade
Points = 180

Core

10 Crypt gouhls = 80

10 Crypt gouhls = 80

5 Dire wolfes = 40

5 Dire wolfes = 40

Rare

5 Blood Knights, Standar bearer, The flag of blood keep = 370

Totale

Characters = 830
Core = 800
Rare = 370

Totale = 2000

Im not so sure about this armys model count. the plan was to use the same tactic as above only with dire woles and blood knigtes as hammers.

The blood knights is the big issue here i find them to be rather hit and miss it all dependes on who you are playing and how good he/she is to bait or shoot.
But when they do hit theier targets there wont be alot left afterwards.

The magic fase is lacking some what as well with "only" a potenial 13 power dice or 7 dispell dice pluss the -2 from carts

So wich one should i go for i plan on making a Carstein/Lhamia army with all the Characters converted

All comments are welcome

koningswulf
22-03-2008, 12:57
Not bad lists either of them but I rather think you should drop 1
Corpse cart, Bale fire. You dont need 2 with that magic superiority.
Also you have 6 basic infantry units i think you would be better of with
19 Skeleton warriors, Standar bearer
19 Skeleton warriors, Standar bearer
15 Skeleton warriors, Standar bearer
19 Crypt gouhls
5 dire wolf
5 dire wolf
5 Black Knights
5 Black Knights
Maybe if you can find the pts for it toss in fell bats also they are the best unit for machine hunting with its fly and 20inch move.

much more solid and not to crowded if you engage early combat youll have the rks rd and you can use your magic to more offensiv adventures rather than just heal and use ION early.
also you have counted the value for the BK wrong its 24pts each without barding so 5 models is 120pts
I rather have those 2 that an all egg in one basket that the blood knights are.

Also while it is good having 14 power dice it is screaming for a much angry opponent yelling cheese and broken :rolleyes:

I suggest you tone it down somewhat and make your vampires a bit better in fight instead after all they need to be able to punch to win those battles.
Huge block can do so much to win.

Eisenhorn
22-03-2008, 14:44
wooops *edit*

The points cost is right now. I had just typed it in wrong it always was 120 in my excel chart :rolleyes:

Anyways thanks for the input i am starting to lean towards the black knights. Since i am a skaven player i like loads of tropps and the vc have the abilety to make small unites big. So in my skaven mind loads of small unites made big in game is a good thing.

well i know i would cry cheese if those 14 power dice = Skaven/lore of heaven/ or any of the elf lores. But its not. It is vampire magic and it will mostely be used to improve my own army

Ithink a 2nd gen slann could put out the same if not more dice and that is mostely used as offensive magic.

koningswulf
23-03-2008, 02:13
True you might have the dice to make them up all of them but then you wouldnt have the dice to cast raise dead zombies where you want them along with the dance to get them into combat and above all get those nasty
offensiv spells in like curse and wind.
Those offensiv spells are in no way to be overlooked since they can be really nasty. One of the main reason I would not like play against a VC with 14 power dices he he.
As for getting the 6 units up to 20 str each that you want is
52 heal on average thats 15 succesfull casts and if counting on all of them being cast by a single dice and with +1 to it for most for the money you ll fail 1/3 of the casts so youll need aproc 23 dices to get 15 succesfull casts add to that that not all your casts will have +1 youll end up around 25 dices and then count in the dispels a normal opponent with 6 dispel would let heal up untill your last 5 and then start to dispel so youll problrly lose 3 dices each turn to dispell making it for 2 turns 31 needed succesfull cast.
This would mean that if you used all your power dice to heal you would after turn 2 with a bit of luck have succesfully healed up all your units or near allof them.
This is ofc course not taking into the account of losses by enemy magic but primarly shooting or worse still melee combat already in turn 2 by fast enemy units.
Also If you do this however you wont be able to cast any raise dead Zombies nor dance nor any offensiv spell like the curse or the wind.
It is more than likely that youll end up just healing for the first 4 turns to get your units up to 20 and if you in that time get into a serious combat you might very well lose 1 or 2 of those units against a determined or fast attacker with no way to bring them back.
A clever opponent would also try killing your unit of 1 by 1 while they was small around 10.
I think by far its best to have a combat rd army or near combat rd from turn 1 in case you run into a gun line or rush army or a magic hv opponent, that way you can use your power dice at your leaisure and to its best effect.
But then thats ny view ;)