PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Magic Levels

mudcow304
23-03-2008, 21:40
Maybe I've had one glass too many tonight whilst compiling my new VC list. However, it is 15 pts to give a necromancer an extra spell. However, does this mean that he is still only a level 1 wizard? It seems a bit cheap for an extra level but then I'm not sure of any other way to boost his level.

Can anybody point out the key passage that I missing somewhere please?:confused:

niox
23-03-2008, 21:43
For 15 pts a necromancer gains an extra spell of his choice. Thatīs all.
It have no affect on his magic level. He will still be a lvl 1 wizard.

On page 38 (The black Arts) you can read " A necromancerīs level and the number of spells that he
knows are not linked.

GodHead
23-03-2008, 21:44
There is no way to increase a necromancer's magic level.

mudcow304
23-03-2008, 22:15
Booo! That's scuppered my cunning plan to wean myself of wonderful yet expensive vampires!

mudcow304
23-03-2008, 22:15
Niox, thanks for the gen though :o)

sulla
23-03-2008, 23:48
Booo! That's scuppered my cunning plan to wean myself of wonderful yet expensive vampires!

Of course, by only increasing the vampires magic level but buying no other bloodlines or magic items, you have a whole bunch of lvl2 casters who are still pretty darn good in cc. maybe not good enough to beat characters, but good enough to withstand most other magehunting units. And they can heal themselves if they don't get killed.

Heck, just put them on steeds in units of dogs and they basically get to pick their own fights and become super unit champs who can cast too...

mudcow304
24-03-2008, 00:01
My master plan had been to use necromancers to manage the whole casualty recovery and tarpit generation task whilst using my vampires as CC megadeth types.

Personally I am always let down by Lvl 1 wizards so would rather spend a bit more but have fewer more capable wizards. (This is largely a superstition derived from battle experience with no sound tactical basis).

So that plan is ruined. Has it stopped me? Has it heck! My new list is awesome. At least in terms of models. Tactically it is a bit flawed, however, it'll look lovely in the display cabinet so it's half way there!

Sulla, hadn't thought of the mounted vampire in dog unit. Most interesting idea! Hmmm, the conversion segment of my mind is spinning now!