PDA

View Full Version : [1250] HoC Khorne Army (from local tournament)

Pooky
23-03-2008, 23:03
This army is for a small tounament coming up. I usually play at 1500 and have a mounted general on a Juggernaut. I thought that was a little expensive (at around 240 points) for a 1250 point game. I'm looking for some C&C about my Ex Champs build and my tactics for the army:

The Ex Champ will join the Warriors in the middle of the board. The Knights and Horsemen will kinda tag-team enemy units I don't like, (horsemen using feined flight while the Knights smash the enemy). Furies kill of war machine crew. Hounds and Beast Herds are to screen my insane units.

Exhaulted Champ + Enchanted Shield + Sword of Might + MoK

16 Warriors + Great Weapons + Shields + Muso + Standard + MoK

Chariot + MoK

6 Knights + Muso + MoK

5 Marauder Horsemen + Throwing Axes + Muso

8 Furies

Beast Heard (5 Gors + 5 Ungors)

6 Warhounds

TOTAL 1250
DD 6

DrakenhofGuard
24-03-2008, 02:51
I would be scared of that list the only trouble you might have is if you play a dwarf list that is very tough and likes to shoot but other than that i think all the ideas are there and with good deployment and some good dice you could have this tourney in the bag

DrakenhofGuard

Pooky
24-03-2008, 11:38
Just some minor tweeks to the previous list. I played a Dwarf friend of mine today and he got a minor victory over me. Basically I found that my Beast Herds were not affective, they either died too quickly to combat or weren't going to be a good enough screen for my units. Also, my Knights could have used a banner for a few of the combats I had (the +1 static combat res is definitly worth it at the +20 points). I also found that there wasn't enough space to deploy all my units affectively (we are playing on a 4" x 4" table for the tourny).

Exhaulted Champ + Great Weapon + Armor of Damnation + Shield + MoK

15 Warriors + Great Weapons + Shields + Muso + Standard + MoK

Chariot + MoK

6 Knights + Muso + Standard + MoK

8 Furies

Beast Heard (10 Gors + 5 Ungors) + Muso

5 Warhounds

TOTAL 1248
DD 6

Putty
24-03-2008, 12:20
hmmm

i would replace the

1) warriors
2) beast herd
3) horsemen

for

1) 2 x 30 marauders (gw + light armor + standard + musician) (about 255 pts each)

2) reduce knights to 5

3) give champion A1 str or S1 weapon, shield, steed.

4) up Warhounds to 10.

but this could be my personal style.

give this list a try if you want and see if it suits you better.

Sterling
24-03-2008, 14:00
I am not a fan of chaos warriors. They walk too darn slow for a unit that needs to get to CC.

Now, knights and marauder horsemen, a couple beast chariots (khorn chariots, and mortal chaos chariots in general, are too expensive) and a unit of furies... that's my style.

L192837465
24-03-2008, 20:49
hmmm

i would replace the

1) warriors
2) beast herd
3) horsemen

for

1) 2 x 30 marauders (gw + light armor + standard + musician) (about 255 pts each)

2) reduce knights to 5

3) give champion A1 str or S1 weapon, shield, steed.

4) up Warhounds to 10.

but this could be my personal style.

give this list a try if you want and see if it suits you better.

that list is terrible. the marauders won't hold to anything, the champion on a horse will charge out of the marauders since his frenzy range is 14", and theres nothing punchy. the knights will be massacred as the only thing that will stand to anything in cc, and will be blasted to nothing before they hit.

Unnamed1250 Pts - Chaos Army

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 150 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; General; Chaos Armour
Axe of Khorne
Enchanted Shield

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 181 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Chaos Armour; Battle Standard; Barding
War Banner

1 Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Chariot of Khorne @ 150 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy

2 Chaos Steed

2 Chaos Warrior Crew
Halberd; Heavy Armour

16 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 330 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Champion

3 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 227 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Barding; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Champion

4 Chaos Steed

6 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 104 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician

1 Foe-Render

5 Ungors
Spear

6 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 104 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician

1 Foe-Render

5 Ungors
Spear

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 7

Models in Army: 48

Total Army Cost: 1246

Pooky
24-03-2008, 22:55
Unnamed1250 Pts - Chaos Army

That army looks rather tasty. It was a little hard to read at first. Just curious about 2 things:

1) What do you kill cannon crew with? My furies were used to screen my Knights but then also used to kill cannon crew so my Knights are not blasted to pieces.

2) I'm guessing the BSB joins the Knights unit? (Silly question I know, but I just want to make sure.)

Be Afraid
24-03-2008, 23:08
I think your origianal list is probally best, although it has a few very pricy options that wont be all that helpful.

1st off, try your exalted with just a sheild and flail, with that combo, your save is 1 point worse, but your strength (although only for one round) is higher, however, you have saved half the points cost of a beast herd.

Again, marauder horsemen would be far better off with flails, if you commit them they should be braking things in 1 round, and i cant see thrown weapons being of much use.

Also, i think 5 chosen knights will always out proform 6 regular. and, with the points you saved on exalted, you can get a standerd.

Finally, i'd like too see the chariot's mark dropped, for an extra warrior. then form them up in 3 ranks of 6 (with character).

Now, if you have enough points left over, get another small unit of warhounds, if not just up the herds abit.

As a point of note, these suggestions are based on list 1, using the modles you listed.

Also, as too list above, i would personally preffer an exalted with flail and an additial ungor too an asp. with axe o' korne

Pooky
25-03-2008, 02:04
I see a few people are suggesting taking the Axe of Khorne. Is it really worth the points? I mean, isn't it only useful against enemy characters?

mark.
25-03-2008, 21:46
To answer your question, I wouldn't take an axe of khorne, killing blow will rarely occur and besides, it doesn't add much combat resolution, indeed I think flail would be best.

This army is for a small tounament coming up. I usually play at 1500 and have a mounted general on a Juggernaut. I thought that was a little expensive (at around 240 points) for a 1250 point game. I'm looking for some C&C about my Ex Champs build and my tactics for the army:

The Ex Champ will join the Warriors in the middle of the board. The Knights and Horsemen will kinda tag-team enemy units I don't like, (horsemen using feined flight while the Knights smash the enemy). Furies kill of war machine crew. Hounds and Beast Herds are to screen my insane units.

Exhaulted Champ + Enchanted Shield + Sword of Might + MoK

16 Warriors + Great Weapons + Shields + Muso + Standard + MoK

Chariot + MoK

6 Knights + Muso + MoK

8 Furies

6 Warhounds

TOTAL 1250
DD 6

I think the warriors would not be very good in such a fast army, I would do one of two things: remove the warriors and chariots and add knights, screamers, centigor, minotaurs or other fast units, or you can add one or 2 units of marauders in change for the knights.

Anyway if you want to keep the warriors, I would't use 16 because they are so expensive to rank up, 12 would be a better number, deploying them 6x2.
If you want to add marauders, you should field 20-25 with light armor and shields, they are good to take a charge.

I think the marauder horsemen would be better of with flails instead of throwing axes, gives them a powerful charge, use them to hit in the flank.
You could add some warhounds, they are good for their costs.

Also, I would drop one beast herd and make a large one with 6/12 herd size, it will do better in combat.

I'm sorry to rip up your list but I dont think warriors and knights make a very good combo, I always think it should be either cavalry or infantry, if you go infantry, pick the warriors, if you go cavalry pick the knights, if you do both you will have low model count and your top units won't work well together.

Pooky
26-03-2008, 01:41
How about the following list:

Exhaulted Champ + Berserker Sword + Enchanted Shield + Juggernaut + MoK

6 Knights + Muso + Banner + MoK

5 Marauder Horsemen + Muso + Throwing Axes
5 Marauder Horsemen + Muso + Throwing Axes

Chariot + MoK

Beast Chariot

7 Furies

Beast Herd (10 Gors + 5 Ungors)
Beast Herd (10 Gors + 5 Ungors)

DD5
TOTAL 1246

mark.
26-03-2008, 18:02
I think you still have got 2 chariots to lag behind and maybe also the beastmen can cause a problem.

You might like the following:

beastman shaman as general, give him a scroll maybe it would be always useful if a nasty spell gets through

2 or 3 small beastherds, 6/6 size would be good they can engage weak targets in the back, give them all foe-renders and make them in ambush, you will like it

2 units of warhounds, in a cavalry army they are golden, you can use them for about anything except fighting, make them about 6 wide so they can screen

drop the chariots altogether, they won't keep up

I'm afraid you'll have to drop the mounted general too, because you can't run ambush if you include him

some expensive knight units and maybe centigor or furies to back up? you have got only 3 special choices though, give them the mark of khorne, now you will still have a hordes of khorne army, but only backed up by the beasts unit, the main amount of points will be in your knights, but they will do well with the beast units screening and engaging from the back, and the beasts magic might be useful as well

you could buy another shaman and do some magic

I'm sure you'll fill 1250pt, else you can always take a giant maybe? It is good and fast, and a great combo with the beast units ambushing!

I hope you like this idea, altough I know it is alot of change, maybe I have given you some inspiration for another list?

Pooky
26-03-2008, 21:00
I hope you like this idea, altough I know it is alot of change, maybe I have given you some inspiration for another list?

Thanks for the advice, I can see you put some effort into it. Unfortunately I like having a Mortal general, that's just how I roll. I do like the idea of Ambush, but again, with a Mortal general I can't do that...

I'll give the second list a bash against a friend this weekend and I'll report my progress (if I remember)...