PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf army #1

phoenixcrh
23-03-2008, 23:36
General.
Hero. (Kazrik Braybak).
Thane with a runic axe (master rune of swiftness, rune of cleaving), runic shield (rune of stone) and a runic horn (master rune of challenge) = 142.

*2 master engineers with great weapons and runic armour (rune of stone) = 158.

Core Units.
*19 warriors with shields, a veteran and a standard bearer = 191.

2*10 quarrellers with great weapons = 260.

Special Units.
*20 ironbreakers with a standard bearer and a runic standard (rune of battle) = 297.

*20 ironbreakers with a standard bearer and a runic standard (rune of battle, ancestor rune) = 307.

Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating) = 70.

Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of burning) = 75.

= 1500.

PD 0 DD 4
MODELS 80 + 2 Bolt Throwers

Deployment -
Quarrellers IronBreakers Warriors IronBreakers Quarrellers BoltThrower BoltThrower

phoenixcrh
23-03-2008, 23:51
I was thinking of changing -

*20 ironbreakers with a standard bearer and a runic standard (rune of battle) = 297.
*20 ironbreakers with a standard bearer and a runic standard (rune of battle, ancestor rune) = 307.

To -
*20 hammerers with shields, a standard bearer and a runic standard (rune of determination, rune of warding) = 307.

havoc626
24-03-2008, 02:08
General.
Hero. (Kazrik Braybak).
Thane with a runic axe (master rune of swiftness, rune of cleaving), runic shield (rune of stone) and a runic horn (master rune of challenge) = 142.

*2 master engineers with great weapons and runic armour (rune of stone) = 158.

The rune of stone on it's own is not possible over 3 different models, because of the 3rd rule of the runes. Other than that, it sounds like an army that will take a beating before doing down

phoenixcrh
25-03-2008, 15:32
The rune of stone is the only exception to that rule, you can have one per character if you like :)

havoc626
25-03-2008, 22:25
That's right, forgot about that

Dead Man Walking
25-03-2008, 23:40
I think for 1500 points your spending too much on 2 units of iron breakers. At 1500 pnts I would field longbeards and warriors but only 1 special infantry unit. I dont see any value in quarrelers espeacially making them more expensive with great weapons as they will get charged and not get a strikes back because they have practically no armor. I prefer riflers with shields. I also take at least 1 rare slot artillery and 2 bolt throwers (penetratings), if I am against infantry or low ldrship armies I take the flame cannon, against all else I take the organ gun. I think organ gun would serve you well.

Take a thane with master rune of challenge, no matter how many points.

phoenixcrh
27-03-2008, 17:54
Thank you but what you are saying is completely different to the army composition that i want... NO gunpowder and I am going for an underway theme... I admit that I may be a little over priced on the ironbreakers but you pay for what you get and that is two very hard road blocks :) I need some tactical advice and possible inprovements on what I have?

Sarael
27-03-2008, 19:02
I think you'd be better with 2 regular engineers on the bolt throwers and with 2 more thanes, but that's me. You don't have enough shooting to concentrate on it, so your shooting is more of the type to take away a rank bonus or 2 before the infantry gets stuck in. Because of that, I'd rather have real CC heroes as opposed to support types. Another thought is to get a runesmith w/ 2x runes of spellbreaking, simply because your antimagic is still quite weak, just basic dwarven resistance. I normally recommend against big blocks of elite infantry (as in your ironbreakers) but they aren't killy enough to do that: they'll need the rank bonus, even though they rarely die themselves.

Grom Wronghand
27-03-2008, 22:06
Why don't you use one unit of ironbreakers and one unit of hammerers? Far moe effective than two ironbreakers IMO. I'm not a fan of Master Engineers, but that may just be me.