PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Skaven army

Firebreather
24-03-2008, 02:08
Hey all. I was just hoping to get your thoughts and opinions on a 2000 point Skaven list I've been working on.

Grey Seer-
Eye of the Horned Rat
Warpstone Charm
Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer-
Warp Blades
UWEC
SWPA
Storm Daemon
Dispel Scroll

Chieftan-
Halberd
Heavy Armour
Shield
Skavenbrew

Chieftan-
Additional Hand Weapon
Heavy Armour
Shield
Warpstone Amulet
Bands of Power

29 Clanrats-
full cmd
Ratling Gun

29 Clanrats-
full cmd.
Warpfire Thrower

1 Giant Rat Pack

20 Clanrat Slaves

20 Clanrat Slaves

8 Warplock Jezzails

25 Plague Monks-
Additional Hand Weapons
full cmd
Banner of Burning Hatred

8 Gutter Runners-
Poisoned Hand Weapons
Black Skaven
Tunnelling Team

6 Plague Censer Bearers

Warp Lightning Cannon

TOTAL-2000pts.

DrakenhofGuard
24-03-2008, 02:47
I heard that the warpfire thrower isnt very good and the ratling gun is way better but im nots ure seeing as im not a skaven player but it looks like a well rounded list that can see some action in all phases which is always fun

DrakenhofGuard

fubukii
25-03-2008, 00:12
i dont like the hero selection really skaven heroes arent very good in combat and (minus maybe the warlord and plague priests, my suggestion would be to drop the seer and both cheiftans, get a warlord and 3 locks, you will get the same power dice but u get a potential 7d6 str 5 hits, and a general who makes your troops ld 10 ( you can even give him the bands of power if u wish, although i prefer the weeping blade)

- The wpns teams can be iffy vs shooty armies they free vps, vs non shooty armies they are amazing. It will depend on who u play how good they will do

drop the black skaven from the tunnelers, make them smaller 5-6 man tops

- if you do not want to go the warlord route, drop a chieftan for a plague priest to put in the unit of monks for some hitting power (armed with the foul pendant and plaguecenser)

- try to get slaves up to 25 men each so they less likely to panic, maybe give them musicians

-drop the giant rack pat, to easy to panic, and not expendable replace with night runners (5-6 man unit) or 3 posion wind globes.

- try to up jezzails to 9 man strong just for panic purposes

- Give grey seer a ward save (to save him vs warped lightning at the very least) he is expensive and losing half his vps bc u got unlucky with Warped lightning and or miscasts is very upsetting, i suggest the tenbrous cloak for this. 3+ ward vs your warped lightning spells and any missle fire is pretty useful at keeping the lil guy alive.

Firebreather
25-03-2008, 00:17
Thanks immensely for the responses, Drakenhof and fubukii! I'll take some of the things you've said into consideration and make up a new list with that in mind.

Particularly fubukii, I've liked some of what you said, and might very well switch up my Lord and Heroes selection. We shall see. Thanks again, and keep an eye out for a new list!

Firebreather
25-03-2008, 00:57
Okay, this is what I've got so far with my new list. Any thoughts you might have as to finishing it would be helpful. And is it looking better than the first list?

Warlord-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Weeping Blade
Warpstone Amulet

Warlock Engineer-
Warp Blades
UWEC
SWPA
Storm Daemon
Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer-
Warp Blades
UWEC
SWPA
Death Globes
Warp Scroll

Plague Priest-
Plague Censer
The Foul Pendant

29 Clanrats-
full cmd.

29 Clanrats-
full cmd.

25 Slaves

25 Slaves

5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers

24 Plague Monks-
Additional Hand Weapons
full cmd.
Banner of Burning Hatred

9 Warplock Jezzails

6 Gutter Runners-
Poisoned Hand Weapons
Tunnelling Team

6 Gutter Runners-
Poisoned Hand Weapons
Tunnelling Team

6 Plague Censer Bearers

Warp Lightning Cannon

TOTAL-1873pts.

fubukii
25-03-2008, 01:04
i like it but you have 120 pts left to spend ^.^

Maybe add more censers to make the unit 7-9 man strong so they can take some deaths before hitting combat.
- add 2 units of 5 bare boned night runners to claim table corners
- another units of wind globes (4-5 man)

that should help u with the last of your points.

overal i like it solid ld decent shooty/magic good combat (well good combat for a skaven army:P)

Firebreather
25-03-2008, 01:07
Thanks, fubukii! I like it a lot myself. I can also have it built fairly quickly all things considered, as a lot of the models I already have in my 1500 point army. Hmm I'll think over the options you've given for filling out the remaining points, and see what works best for me.

Firebreather
25-03-2008, 13:57
Okay, here's the finished product. Please let me know what you think of it, and how you think it would do. Thanks a lot to the ever-wise fubukii for the help.

Warlord-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Weeping Blade
Warpstone Amulet

Warlock Engineer-
Warp Blades
UWEC
SWPA
Storm Daemon
Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer-