PDA

View Full Version : Undivided Chaos vs Empire 2000pts

-Grimgorironhide-
24-03-2008, 04:08
This game I played at games night with my chaos and it was an awesome game.
This was My opponents list

General:General Of empire on barded horse in inner circle knights
Hero: BSB Captian with the arcade warding banner in greatswords
Hero: Engineer in helblaster unit.
Core: 20 swordsmen with 10 spear detach
Core: 10 Hangunners
Core: 8 Knights
Core: 20 Spearmen with 10 sword detach
Special: 9 Inner Circle Knights
Special: 24 Greatswords
Special: Great Cannon
Rare: Helblaster

Heres mine

General:Lord Of Chaos in Chosen Knights 283pts
-Chaos Steed
-Shield
-Great Weapon
-Armour of Tortured souls

Hero:Exalted Champion 247pts
-Mark Of Tzeentch
-Disc
-Golden Eye
-Shield

Hero: Exalted Champion 267pts
-Mark Of Tzeentch
-Disc
-Shield
-Skull of Katam

Hero: Aspiring Champion in marauders 130pts
-BSB
-War banner

Core: 24 Marauders 200pts
-Shields
-Light Armour
-Command

Core: 25 Warriors Of Chaos 480pts
-Shields
-+ Weapon
-Command

Core: 5 Chosen Knights 215pts
-Command

Core: 6 warhounds 36pts

Core: 6 warhounds 36pts

Rare: 1 Spawn Of Slaanesh 75pts

Here we Go.

Deployment
:On my side I hade 1 hill, Middle was 2 forests, His side was 2 hills.
I won the roll for deployment and placed most of my units out of sight from his helblaster and cannon. He as I expected placed his shooters on hills and the rest were lined up around the centre of his zone.

He won the roll for turn and he gave me turn one.

Turn 1 Chaos
:Movement
First thing I did was move my 2 warhound units to the outer edges of both forests to screen my troops form black power fire.
Next I rolled for my spawns movement and sighed when out of the 3 dice the total was a measly 5inches, so he waddled slowly over to the neares enemy unit, The inner knights.
Every thing else I moved to the forest to shelter incoming fire and to lure his knights away.

:Magic
The first thing I attempted to cast was yellow fire on my exalted champion and though it got through with a healthy 8 my opponent dispelled it with ease.
My other champion targeted his inner circle knights with red fire and it was casted off. 4 hits were applied and at str 5 were enough to knock two knights right out of there saddle. Huzzah!

:Shooting
Its chaos so nothing here.

:Combat
Nothing in range so with out further ado my turn was ended.

Empire Turn 1

the first thing he did was charge his inner knights into my spawn which gladly took them on.
Else where his swordsmen entered the outskirts of the forest while his other knight unit charged head first into one of my warhound units. The greatswords marched around the left side of the board to catch any off my centre units off guard while his spearmen followed the swordsmens march to the forest.

Now this faze really hurt.
First he targeted my marauder unit with the helblaster which could just see them around forest and rolled a massive 26 hits! Then even worse thanks to the increased BS from the engineer 12 of them hit, wiping out 9 and causing a panic test which they failed and fleed away from the forest.
Then his handgunners shot at my other wolf unit wand with 5 hits wiped out 3 and caused them to break and run.
Finally his cannon fired 30inches to my just viable chosen knights unit and obliderated 3 of them, luckly not my general,because thanks to him they didn't flee.

First off was the inner knights against my spawn, the general struck first with his Mace of helstrum which hit and cause 3 wounds, killing him outright. Great!
The other knight unit caused 4 wounds to my wolves which in return received one which was easily saved and they lost and were charged down but now left there flank exposed to my marauders on the outskirts of the forest.

End of Turn 1
VP Empire:450-500pts
VP Chaos: 200

Chaos Turn 2

First thing I did was move my discs around the forest to have a clear sight of the enemy. Next I declared a charge against the knights flank with my maruders and thankfully I just made it with an inch to spare. The rest of my units I moved into the dense forest land and gave them cover from shooting in my opponents next turn. My wolves rallied. Finally my generals unit charged into his greatswords near the left forest edge.

My exalted cast Blue fire on his inner knights and luckly I got an irresitable force! 8 hits were made at str 4 which wounded 5 and killed another one.
My other exalted tried to cast red fire on the handgunners but it was dispelled.

First combat was with the marauders. With 6 attacks they managed to slay one knight while the two knights who could retaliate couldn't even kill one. With the added res I had one by 7 which cuased them to take an insane ourage test which they predictibly failed and even with there superior flee range they were caught and cut down.
My general was the first to strike, with 5 attacks he managed to kill 4 GS's while the knights killed a further 3. They could not strike back but even though they lost they were stubborn and continued to fight.

Empire Turn 2

I slapped myself in the head once I saw my mistake. Because I had moved my exalteded to better positions they were in range of the inner knights. Expectingly they charged, not good at all. His sword and spear warriors chose to retreat away from the forest because of the chaose that now lurked there. The rest of his units remained still.

The helblaster once again unleashed a volley on to my lone exalted, hitting it 6 times, but thanks to its ward save left it standing with only one wound lost.
cannon had no units to shoot at, but the hand gunners killed the remaining Wolves with a massive 6 wounds.

The inner knights that charged my exalted struck with such mighty blows that both him and his disc were destroyed. Nothing could save him from a massive total of 11 wounds!
Back to the greatsword my gen once again proved his worth striking down 5 of them while my knights slew another 2. with no atks back they lost again but the bas***ds still held. GRRR!

VP Empire:600-650
VP Chaos: 550-600

Chaos Turn 3

First thing I did was charge my marauders into the GS's that just would not break and hopefully demolish them once and for all.
My Chaos warriors exited the woods and positioned itself for the swordsmen and spearmen next turn.
My remaining exalted flew right up to the helblaster crew and charged, ready to avenge his former ally.

-None

First was my exalted who struck 3 hits which 1 wounded. The crew managed to hit once but could not breah his armour. The exalted won and slew the remaining crew and engineer but almost flew off the board!
Once again we're back at the GS's. Unfortunetly for the Marauders they could only engage 2 GS's and evn though one wounded It was saved.
My general again for the 3rd turn in a row proved his worth by slaying another 4 greatswords, which only left 6 and the BSB. My two knights caused another 2 kills and finally their valor failed and the GS's were run down.

Empire Turn 3

The sword and spearmen who at last could see the Chaos warriors were stuck for they had to spend there turn wheeling around to face them and not quite making the charge. The inner knights ran around the right side of the field around the forest to meet the Chaos Lord headed to head.

With only the cannon able to see any enemy thanks to the Chaos chosen now out of combat it was down to how good my oponent was at his guess ranges.
Fortunetely he rolled a misfire, which made him swear and rolled a 4 which prevented it from shooting next turn.

No combat this round

Empire VP: 650
Chaos VP:1050

Chaos Turn 4

Seeing The inner knights just around the corner i spent this turn reforming my General and marauders for the great conflick ahead.
My Exalted flew right into the cannons crew ready for another victim for Chaos.
Finally between the choice of opponents my Chaos warriors had available I chose the swordsmen for I knew that if the spearmen charge me next turn they will not get their bonus rank attacks.

My exalted Struck first landing 2 hits of which one wounded. But amazingly in return the crew both hit and both wounded me. beause I had only 2 wounds left The exalted was slain and the disc was over run. 'What The Hell' I thought.
My chaos warriors managed to deal 7 hits and wounded 4 swordsmen.
The champion hit back in return but could not penetrated there thick armour. The warriors had one but jsut like those stubborn Greatswords the warriors held firm. Now my flank was exposed to the spearmen,
this wasn't going to be pretty.

Empire Turn 4

Movement:
At last the clash of the titans began with the inner knights charging head on into my generals chosen.
The spearmen had charged into my Warriors flank, but at least they didn't get their bonus atks.

Combat:
The spearmen struck with full blaze hitting 3 warriors and killing 2. The warriors were next with me issuing 8 atks on the spearmen and 9 atks on the swordsmen. In the end 3 swordsmen and 4 spearmen were slain.
The swordsmen with out enough numbers could not kill the warriors. But even with the flank charge the warriors still won and the swordsmen and spearmen broke with me cutting the swordsmen down.
The clash of the titans began with the general choosing to issue a challenge with my general. He wounded me 3 times but my armour were enough to sav 2. In return I managed to hit him 3 times and I wounded him twice. The match was a stalemade
The inner knights managed to kill 2 chosen leaving only one left with my general.
He in return slaughtered two knights but unfortuetely chaos lost the combat but the general managed to hold firm ready for round 2.

VP Empire: 900
VP Chaos: 1100

Chaos Turn 5

Now it was pay back time so I charged my Marauders into the knights flank, ready to avenge my fallen allies.
My Chaos Warriors turn around to face the spearmen ready for the next turn.

My Lord was the first to challenge this time and this time he really mean't revenge by slaying his challenger outright with a total of 4 wounds. The Marauders struck the one knight they could reach but could not kill him because of that dam 1+ sav. My last chosen knight also through his revenge by slaughtering another Knight. The knights tried to turn the tables but they could not kill the last chosen and without their leader to help them they were run down.

Empire Turn 5

Unfortunetley for him his spearmen failed to rally and they flew off the board handing ma antoher 100VP.

At Last the Cannon could Shoot and he shot a mighty shot right into my marauder unit killing five and even with the general they fled, but still not quite off the board.

-Nothing

VP Empire: 1000
VP Chaos: 1900

At this point we knew that there was no point in continuing so we shook hands and congradulated each other on such a magnificant battle.
And There You go.

SevenSins
24-03-2008, 09:07
an exciting game it seems, and always fun with aggresive empire (not gunline)
To bad you won by cheating though... The disc-heroes are illegal as you don't have any units with MoT.

Putty
24-03-2008, 09:12
an exciting game it seems, and always fun with aggresive empire (not gunline)
To bad you won by cheating though... The disc-heroes are illegal as you don't have any units with MoT.

uhh maybe his warriors and knights are MoT?

-Grimgorironhide-
24-03-2008, 09:20
Oh crap, I completely forgot about that, I must have missed it when I wrote the list, because my oponent didn't say anything. Oh well I'll just have to tell him, but it was still just a friendly game anyway so I supose it wouldn't really matter.

Putty
24-03-2008, 09:36
Oh crap, I completely forgot about that, I must have missed it when I wrote the list, because my oponent didn't say anything. Oh well I'll just have to tell him, but it was still just a friendly game anyway so I supose it wouldn't really matter.

doh.

u owe him a drink.

or two.

-Grimgorironhide-
24-03-2008, 10:06
well, I just realized I'm 30pts under and that could have got me the MOT for one of my units at least, still it was an absolute blast especially the clash between our generals.

SevenSins
24-03-2008, 11:02
moments like that do make games more memorable that's for sure :)

Manny Xero
24-03-2008, 14:08
When you exalted died should not the disk revert to instability test not break test? I'm not sure you missed this but you said the disk was overrun which suggest it broke from combat and was caught by pursuing units.

Also you never mention any of the fear test that your heroes on daemonic mounts would have caused. Is that because those empire fiends passed every test or did you miss that helpful rule.

Anyways, It seems like a great battle. Even if your list was technically illegal both of you have fair and fun lists and both of you played a honest fun game. Play again, I eagerly await your next report.

Boss_Salvage
24-03-2008, 19:04
Turn 1 Chaos

Next I rolled for my spawns movement and sighed when out of the 3 dice the total was a measly 5inches, so he waddled slowly over to the neares enemy unit, The inner knights.
Empire Turn 1

the first thing he did was charge his inner knights into my spawn which gladly took them on.
If you two set up with 12" deployment zones like most matches on 4' x 6' tables, this would have put his knights and your spawn a max of 24" apart. A 5" stumble closes the gap to 19", but unless I'm mistaken his knights could only charge 14" / 18" (depending on barding, which I'm guessing they had). That first turn charge would have been mighty tough to pull off ;)

But a nice report all the same, congrats on the win. What spells did your champs roll up?

- Salvage

-Grimgorironhide-
24-03-2008, 20:38
Thats because we wanted to speed the game up a little and because of the forest in the middle we expanded the deployment zone up to 15'inches, just for a change to see what difference it would have.

-Manny Xero
I haven't used My chaos in a while, because I've been working on my empire.
So I think that was because my knowledge of the daemonic rules were a bit haze, because I rarely if never use daemons.

Lord of Skulls
24-03-2008, 21:02
As others have said, it sounds like an exciting game:) I just thought I'd point out that a few of your point values seem a bit off... A unit of 5 Choosen Knights should be 275, not 215. (Might just be a typo?) And unless I'm very much mistaken, 24 Marauders with armour, shields and full command should be 197 points, rather than 200. Might be worth double-checking your figures before your next game ;)

Boss_Salvage
25-03-2008, 13:59
Thats because we wanted to speed the game up a little and because of the forest in the middle we expanded the deployment zone up to 15'inches, just for a change to see what difference it would have.

Ahhhh there you go. Instant action ;)

- Salvage

Arryn
28-03-2008, 03:05
Good read mate!

TonyFlow
28-03-2008, 10:12
A couple of questions
How could the Marauders charge in turn 2, if they panicked in turn 1?
And did the greatswords miss stubborn breaktest with reroll? They had the BSB, right?

Still looks like a lot of fun though... The shorter distance did indeed add to the carnage. Although i am not sure if it was a good idea of the empire player to agree to that :)

Lordsaradain
28-03-2008, 10:25
Cool battle report. Just one thing... I beleive your list was illegal, you have two hero characters with mark of tzeentch but you have no units that are marked.

Quote: "If your general worships chaos undivided then you may mix other marks freely, with the following exeption - you may only give a mark to a character if the army also contains a unit or chariot with the same mark (other than a chaos spawn)."