PDA

View Full Version : VC Huge Army(Legal status?)

CthulhuDalek
24-03-2008, 10:15
Hey there, I've been watching Warseer for a while now, and I'm "restarting" my Vampire Counts list after basically a 2 year hiatus(focusing on 40k and waiting for the new Army Book)

At the time of my first army's creation I had multiple thousands of points worth of models, and could find my copy of the Fantasy Rulebook. However, I have lost my copy and need to find one sometime soon(borrowing friends most likely)

I remember vaguely how most things work, but there are specific details I've been hazy on, so hopefully my list is not too broken/illegal. Basically I want to see if my list is unsuitable for a game.

Sorry for the long intro it's my first ever post.(Beware the nerdy references to pop culture)

PS--Any model marked with *** is not owned by me yet.

LORDS.
Vampire Lord Angelus Harkness-extra magic level, master of the black arts, dark acolyte, lord of the dead, skull staff, crimson gem, black periapt, hellsteed. (I am thinking of switching the dark acolyte power for the forbidden lore ability, what is your take on this?)-480/485 pts

Vampire Lord Roland Zivotsky- extra magic level, abyssal terror, red fury, walking death, infinite hatred, blood drinker, flayed hauberk, wristbands of black gold.-585 pts( flies around supporting my main force)

Vampire Lord William "The Bloody"-extra magic level, red fury, walking death, infinite hatred, skull staff, nightmare, night shroud, biting blade (Intended on being used within a unit of Grave Guard, perhaps also w/ blood drinker and a different assortment of magic items??)-475 pts.

Vampire Lord Erik the Phantom- extra magic level, dark acolyte, spectral form, avatar of death(great weapon. Intended as leading my Wraiths or Spirit Hosts. Can he join Black Knights because they both move ethereally?)

HEROES
Wight King Barrowman-Lance, Skeletal Steed, barding, battle standard bearer, drakenhof banner. - 257(Joins Black Knights)

Vampire Armand - lord of the dead, walking death, tomb blade, power stone.(joins skeletons)-185

Vampire Lestat- Lord of the Dead, Infinite Hatred, Blood Drinker.(joins skeletons or grave guard?)-180

Vampire Magnus- lord of the dead, dark acolyte, tomb blade, the gem of blood. (joins skeletons)-195 pts.

Vampire Drusilla- Lord of the Dead, walking death, tomb blade, power stone.

***Necromancer Phineas on Corpse Cart- Book of Arkhan, Raise Dead, Invocation(danse as basic spell), Corpse Cart, ungoly lodestone.(can help regenerate wounds for black knights if in range, or ethereal units)

CORE---(all "Banners of the endless nightmare", may be switched to dead legion once I remember how combat resolution works"

Skeletons-15 skeletons, spears, standard bearer, champion, musician, banner of the endless nightmare(joined by Armand)-180

Skeletons-15 skeletons, spears, standard bearer, champion, musician, banner of the dead legion(Joined by Lestat)-180

Skeletons-15 skeletons, spears, standard bearer, champion, musician, banner of the endless nightmare(joined by drusilla.)-180

Skeletons-15 skeletons, spears, standard bearer, champion, musician, banner of the endless nightmare.(joined by Magnus)-180

Zombies-20 zombies,standard, musician.(needed core choices... will probably stick corpse cart in the unit so it can summon more of them)-92

***Skeletons-10 skeletons, banner of the dead legion, champion, musician.
***Skeletons-same as above.
***Skeletons-same as above.-375 pts.

SPECIAL
Black Knights-9 black knights, musician, standard bearer, hellknight, banner of the barrows, barding.-337(joined by Wight King)

Black Knights-10 black knights, musician, standard bearer, hellknight, banner of the barrows, barding-365 pts.

Black Knights-10 black knights, musician, standard bearer, hellknight, banner of the barrows, barding-365 pts.

***Grave Guard- 10 grave guard, Great Weapons, Seneschal, Banner, Musician, Banner of the Barrows.-205

***Grave Guard- 10 grave guard, (Great Weapons maybe??), Seneschal, Musician, Banner of the Barrows.-205/195

Spirit Hosts- 4 bases.-260 points.

RARE
***Varghulf- 175 points.

***Cairn Wraiths- 10 models, one upgraded to tomb banshee.-525 points.

***Black Coach-200 points(THe idea would be that the Black Coach and Lord Harkness would both sit near Grave Guard/Black Knights to either help them or charge the Black Coach until it could charge an enemy wizard.

With all of the models in the LIST it is 6,941 points. With all of the models I OWN it it is 5,036.

Total Models:185(unless I miscounted)
Total Power Dice(not including power stones etc):21. These are mainly going to be used for invoking Skeletons for rank bonuses(unless outnumbering is actually better?) and to keep the enemies in combat. I figure a few zombie flanking units may be summoned as well as Dansing into combat.

What do you guys think?

-CD

Sarael
24-03-2008, 10:31
I used to think you were crazy, but now I can see your nuts :P

Seriously though, that's just too huge for me to read all of it. I like your first lord (the only thing I really read, as I then noticed you had 4 of them and quit).

Oh, and unless it has a special rule, you can't take the same banner for multiple units: only one of each given magic item, barring power stones and dispel scrolls.

Edit: After a quick reskim, 10 wraiths? Are you mad? Even in a 7k army, that's 250 points of wraith not fighting when that unit's in combat (150 if you go 7 wide). You've got enough antimagic to protect them from spells, so the only things you really need to worry about with them is skaven warpstone weapons and runed dwarf artillery. And in those cases you could screen them with wolves, whereas otherwise you'd be screening something with THEM.

CthulhuDalek
24-03-2008, 10:35
I used to think you were crazy, but now I can see your nuts :P

Seriously though, that's just too huge for me to read all of it. I like your first lord (the only thing I really read, as I then noticed you had 4 of them and quit).

Oh, and unless it has a special rule, you can't take the same banner for multiple units: only one of each given magic item, barring power stones and dispel scrolls.

Thanks, yeah.... I had heard that you could not use multiples of the same magic item, but was not *sure* about it.

For some items it seems like it makes sense.

But how am I supposed to give my vampires for my skeleton units all tomb blades? darn... haha

CthulhuDalek
24-03-2008, 10:47
Ahhh yeah. Agree about the wraiths. I must be on something, I think I spent way more points on most things than I should have. Well tomorrow morning I'll be fixing the list up a bit!

Also, is it possible to cast on a 2+ or is that still a miscast?(Lord of the dead plus Skull Staff)

Synthesis
24-03-2008, 11:17
It's not possible to cast on 2+, you'd need to roll at least a 3 to actually cast even with those two, but you can't miscast on one dice.

CthulhuDalek
24-03-2008, 11:22
Ahhh, then I guess what I'll do it only use Lord of the Dead on Units in Skeleton squads and give my main Caster the Skull Staff, without lord of the dead.

heinrichvoncarstein
24-03-2008, 21:39
Error#1: A character cannot have more than one of each type of magic item(i.e: 1 arcane, 1 talisman, 1 magic weapon, 1 armour) your first lord has 3 arcane items!!!
Error#2: You cannot have a magic item more than once in an army. You have 2 skull staff's
Error#3 & 4: You have 3 tomb blade's and lots of banners of the dead legion, banner of barrows and banner of the endless nightmare, again only one of each in one army.

Spirit
24-03-2008, 22:54
Your second lord has

abyssal terror - 25 points
red fury - 50 points
walking death - 25 points
infinite hatred - 25 points.

125 points is more than 100 last time i checked, so its illegal.

Also, how often do you get the chance to play 5000 points? ive never gotten a game more than 3k, let alone 5!!

CthulhuDalek
24-03-2008, 23:48
Your second lord has

abyssal terror - 25 points
red fury - 50 points
walking death - 25 points
infinite hatred - 25 points.

125 points is more than 100 last time i checked, so its illegal.

Also, how often do you get the chance to play 5000 points? ive never gotten a game more than 3k, let alone 5!!

The Abyssal Terror is 125 points by itself.

It's an upgrade on the profile of the Vampire Lord, because it's his mount.

The only games I've ever played were over 5000 points, because my friend collected a huuuuuge army.

There were a few things I wanted out of my list but in order to get the combinations I wanted a few of my characters had to become Lords... and then when I chose necromancers, they seemed wasteful for their lack of the "vampire" rule/power dice.

CthulhuDalek
24-03-2008, 23:49
Error#1: A character cannot have more than one of each type of magic item(i.e: 1 arcane, 1 talisman, 1 magic weapon, 1 armour) your first lord has 3 arcane items!!!
Error#2: You cannot have a magic item more than once in an army. You have 2 skull staff's
Error#3 & 4: You have 3 tomb blade's and lots of banners of the dead legion, banner of barrows and banner of the endless nightmare, again only one of each in one army.

#1. Ahhh yes.... they seemed like they were too good to be true, I'm rewriting the army list now I'll edit my first post with new stuff.
#2-4. Already addressed by other users, but thank you for pointing them out!

Yeah I'll have to redo them.. all. aha!