PDA

View Full Version : Invocation of Nehek - Can it be cast into combat?

GrogsnotPowwabomba
24-03-2008, 17:15
In the new Vampire Counts book, the description for Invocation of Nehek does not specifically state that it can be cast into combat, but I believe that this is just an oversight on the part of the developers. I believe this because the spell's description explains a situation in which the spell is cast on a unit that has charged. This situation would be impossible if the spell could not be cast on a unit in combat.

Is there a concensus on this issue, or even better, some sort of FAQ from the developers?

Thanks,
Grog

Lordmonkey
24-03-2008, 17:18
Already a big discussion about this going on here (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133794)

Yade
25-03-2008, 00:21
Yes it can. Some will argue that it cannot because it does not SPECIFICALLY say so; however, it does say that models resurrected in a unit that charged that turn do not get charge bonuses. Which is an obvious implication that they are in combat.

I looked in the combat section and there was no specific statement that said you had to be in combat to receive charge bonuses so I think the same people arguing against Nehek should go argue that you dont get charge bonuses in combat because it does not SPECIFICALLY state that you are in combat when you get them.

:)

In the end, you can cast it in combat. This was always the intention and they overlooked specifically listing it. Nonetheless the rule leans to the side of yes so much that someone arguing against it is simply being cheesy or trying to be a bad sportsman.

GrogsnotPowwabomba
25-03-2008, 02:01
I didn't realize there was a discussion on this already, so if any mods see this, please close the thread.

Ninsaneja
25-03-2008, 11:36
Now, the question is, does that restriction on charge bonuses apply if you cast ION and then use Vanhel's to charge..?

Falkman
25-03-2008, 11:51
Now, the question is, does that restriction on charge bonuses apply if you cast ION and then use Vanhel's to charge..?
Of course not, they were resurrected before the charge in your case :)