Spearmen x18 (187 Pts)
Full Command

Archers x10 (110 pts)

Archers x10 (110 Pts)

Great Eagle (50 Pts)

Great Eagle (50 Pts)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (100 Pts)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (100 Pts)

Total Pts 2252 (where can i get those 2 dam points from?)

soulstealer666
25-03-2008, 05:35
looks good nothing too :cheese: i like that well done

just a question though where is your arch mage going? ie if its going into the phoenix guard you can drop one of those and then maybe bump up the spearmen by one or some thing like that.. hope that helps a little

cheers

soulstealer

backslide
25-03-2008, 06:27
just a question though where is your arch mage going?

in the past he had always hidden in the spears, never had another unit for him to hide in :p I know if he gonna join the unit I can save a few points but once shooting is taken care off (noramlly turn 3) he tends to run around so i preffer to keep the units intact for that reason

not sure the Phoenix Guard will suit my style of play but the do look rock hard and hard to shift:p

backslide
26-03-2008, 20:28
having some second thoughts about the Phoenix Guard, thinking lions or sowrdmasters might be more suited to the rest of the list

Dark_Mage99
27-03-2008, 00:00
This is quite a scary looking list!

Pretty strong troops, nice amount of shooting, and a very powerful magic phase, with a lot of speed as well.

Even without seeing it on the table, I would be worried going up against it... wouldn't know what to target first.. nice stuff. From a personal standpoint, I'd stick with the Phoenix Guard over Lions, and probably Sword Masters too.

Great to see the Dragon Mage... it's effectively a Level 4 spellcaster and a level 3 in a 2250 point army. Dangerous stuff. Don't know what else to say really, looks a very solid army.

WhiteKnight
27-03-2008, 00:36
Wow. That is a crazy list. What I would say is that you might want to go after the other army's most deadly unit first and possibly panic them with the Dragon Mage, then panic more units! Then you can have those eagles pick off any possible artillery crew.

backslide
27-03-2008, 05:11
What I would say is that you might want to go after the other army's most deadly unit first and possibly panic them with the Dragon Mage, then panic more units!

well I tend to take death on the archmage, I figure Doom and darkness in combination with the dragon mage will be ammusing :p

backslide
28-03-2008, 02:51
This is quite a scary looking list!

well I am suprised, I expected some critism, other forums have suggested the magic is over the top, and that taking 3 core with high elves is a terrible idea!

looks like I will have to fight bretts with it, any thoughts on how to do that one?

tanka
28-03-2008, 10:22
Metal on the archmage, spirit of the forge, burning iron, the magic item killy 1 and another spell of your choice.

I'm not sure on the PG, especially against brets, I'd take 2x8 white lions, as the lances won't have enough attacks to pucnh through them in 1 turn, and also a dragon prince unit in the side if they take the bait is quite nasty.

tehhelios
28-03-2008, 12:36
Posted a quite similar list earlier on 2k points but with abit more tooled up units, personally i think you strapped the units abit to bare bones for them to work but let us know how it works for you.

Bernardinatti
28-03-2008, 14:36
Nice list.
If you're fighting bretts (mind you i have had no experience fighting them, other than in my mind) i reckon throw in 2 units of white lions instead of phoenix guard. Just today i had 6 white lions kill 2 blood knights with regeneration and they don't make knights tougher than that. So white lions are good anti-knights and brettonia doesn't have high-powered shooting meaning that 3+ save stays relatively unmodified.

Personally i would drop an archer unit and spend the 110 points beefing up some of my other units or maybe throw in another character. But that is because i consider archers pretty useless on a good day, totally useless every other. I usually only take because i don't want to spend points on spearelves.

Still it looks a competitive list and i am curious as to how it will go.