PDA

View Full Version : Lothern Sea Guard List

WhiteKnight
25-03-2008, 05:40
This is a list I'm currently trying out in mighty empires. I hopefully can claim a Veteran status among my more experienced peers. Basiccally you can imagine a lot of shooting and magic. My prince is a lone ranger and basically runs from charges and picks off ranks with ease.

Prince
w/Bow of the Seafarer
w/barded elven steed
w/guardian phoenix
w/heavy armor

Mage
lv 2
w/ power stone
w/ring of corin

Mage
lv 2
w/ Silver Wand
w/ Dispel Scroll x2

Noble
w/ Great Weapon
w/ Heavy Armor
w/ Ring of Fury
w/ Talisman of Loec

Lothern Sea Guard
w/ shields
w/ musician

Lothern Sea Guard
w/shields
w/musician

Archers

Shadow Warriors
w/ shadow-walker

White Lions
w/ full command
w/ dragonhorn
w/ banner of arcane protection

Repeater Bolt Thrower
w/ 2 crew w/ hand weapons and light armour

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Thanks Guys,
W.K

gortexgunnerson
25-03-2008, 10:54
I am assuming that this is a Storm of Chaos list? As the list has the prince and uses Lothern sea guard who are pretty over priced if just using a High elf list. In which case is illegal as only one unit of shadow warriers and im not sure if the archers (ships company count as core).

If you are not using the SOC list then i think you have a mixed message, you have a lot of shooting and magic but not a game winning amount. You have sunk points into the white lions and prince which dont really fit in the army you are trying to build. You need to dominate the shooting and mqagic phase to win by ranged attacks alone. My personal feeling says you dont have enough shooting to stop an opponent reaching your line with enough of an army to roll your troops.

I would get a lv4 mage in a a lord and drop the white lions. Points on a few eagles would be good as march bloking is very important in this sort of list

WhiteKnight
25-03-2008, 15:37
Thanks for the comment. What I'm mainly trying to do with the prince is move around and then use the bow of the seafarer on the flanks. Which I stated in the intro. I'm thinking of adding another unit of 14 lothern sea guard and another block of 13 archers and adding 3 to the other unit. Then add another unit of shadow warriors and an eagle or two to pick at flanks and march block. If it's against dwarves or empire, the great eagles will just go flying around and taking out cannons, artilery, and those gunlines that can't do anything in the rear if a couple eagles go knocking at the door.

EDIT: FYI, Lothern Sea guard is 12 points a piece and can be used to as high as you want because the SoC list is now illegal due to the disadvantage that occured with 200-400 shots before the real game began. You may or may have not read the 7th ed book to know about the new rules according to this unit.