PDA

View Full Version : Forget about ghouls vs skeletons, what about ghouls vs grave guard?

Malorian
25-03-2008, 14:45
Yesterday I sat down and started gluing models together.

I started with the cairn wraiths... snap/done.

Then the I did the grave guard and oh my god was that painful. So many small parts, so many small joints, so many places I'm sure it's going to break over and over...

To make myself feel better I did some ghouls and I'm glad I did because it was almost as easy as the wraiths.

The torso/legs joint is wide and curved to fit, rather than a small spine.

The arm/torso joint is also large and curved to fit, rather than a tiny bone with a shoulder pad balanced above it.

Finally the head/neck joint it an easy ball-cup attachment, rather than a small spine trying to hols on an awkward head while the shoulder pads get in the way.

To make things worse, once I got the first ten GG together and went to put them on the tray I found that they don't line up right and I'll have to be even more careful when I model them (by the way the ghouls fit together perfectly). I feel sorry for people that have 60 grave guard in their list, and I can't wait to be done making them so the pain can be over :cries:

P.S. The point of this post is to get away from the mathhammer of the models and to look at some of the other less talked about qualities of units like how hard they are to put together/how the rank up/how easily will they break/and so on.

isidril93
25-03-2008, 14:47
i am having the same problem with my high elf archer

one of my kneeling ones looks like he is doing the matrix and unless i put them in a certin order they wont rank up properly

SuperBeast
25-03-2008, 14:51
I found the exact opposite - ghouls are a bugger to rank up and have gaps, GG are a dream...

Malorian
25-03-2008, 15:10
I found the exact opposite - ghouls are a bugger to rank up and have gaps, GG are a dream...

Really? For the grave guard a lot of the times I had models where the shields and the weapon of the next model got in the way so they wouldn't rank up. the ghouls slotted together perfectly.

Maybe we need to get together and you can put together my GG while I put together your ghouls ;)

Lordmonkey
25-03-2008, 18:54
Pfft, last night. I was converting some zombies to look as if they are coming out of the ground. This involed a lot of limb amputation, limb bending, plastic filling (due to lack of greenstuff) and various other fiddly, time-consuming tasks. It was as if the zombies didn't want to be converted... 0_0

Also building the corpse cart. Does anyone else have that problem with getting the pile o' zombies on once the cart is built?

Aladin_sane
26-03-2008, 00:04
Lordmonkey: 'Also building the corpse cart. Does anyone else have that problem with getting the pile o' zombies on once the cart is built?'

Couldn't agree more, I was there for quite a time fitting mine on, it managed to squeeze a lot of swear words out of me :angel:

Goldenwolf
26-03-2008, 00:36
Lord, Yea that was a pain, I had to break them in half, and then wedge them in and glue them together again.

By the way, are ghouls on 25 or 20 mm bases?

Malorian
26-03-2008, 01:46
Ghouls are on the small bases. All VC infantry are. (I'm just waiting for someone to say "but aren't batswarms infantry?")

siphon101
26-03-2008, 01:58
Ghouls are on the small bases. All VC infantry are. (I'm just waiting for someone to say "but aren't batswarms infantry?")

Why in the world would batswarms be infantry?

Felworth
26-03-2008, 03:01
Why in the world would batswarms be infantry?

Because their listed under the Infantry header in the back of the VC book. Just like Fell Bats are. Oh well.

Agree with the corpse cart pains. That suckers got sharp points all over...