PDA

View Full Version : Review this 1999 ptn Army List

sir_valance
25-03-2008, 15:23
First try-out (Yeah I know, noob with DoW, but wanted some groovy old skool models)

HQ:

-General with Heavy Armour, Shield, Lance, Brace of Pistols on Pegasus
(Solo Warmachine Hunter)

-Paymaster with Heavy Armour, Shield, Lance, Brace of Pistols on Barded Warhorse (Will go with Heavy Cav Unit)

-Asarnil on Deathfang (Takes up 1 Rare Slot)

-------------------

-8 Duellists with Pistols, Hitman

-20 Ricco's Republican Guard

-20 Long Drong's Slayer Pirates

-5 Voland Venators

-5 Heavy Cav, Barded, Champion

-15 Halflings with Bows

-3 Leadbelchers

Any suggestions are welcome.

Kahadras
25-03-2008, 16:13
I'll have a go.

Characters

Your general looks fine to me and should do OK in the role you have assigned him. The only thing I'd think about is maybe giving him the Enchanted Shield to boost his save a bit. I'd put the Paymaster in with your Republican Guard and use him to support your infantry rather than galloping off with the heavy cavalry. The only other thing you need is magic defence so I'd get a level 1 wizard and give him a couple of dispel scrolls. This should help you hold back enemy magic for long enough to allow Asarnil to hunt down and eat your opponants wizards.

Units

Overall the army looks kind of OK but I'd think about making some changes. Drop the heavy knights and use the points to buy a wizard and some light cavalry. This gives you some magic defence and something to march block and bait with.

I'd swich Long Drong and his Pirates for 25 normal Dwarfs which will save you quite a few points and will give you a tough block of infantry. I'd look to get a cannon withg the points saved to give you some additional long ranged firepower. I'm not a fan of Leadbealchers either so I might think about replacing them with a unit or two of Crossbowmen.

Hope this helps

Kahadras