PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion (Horned One riders)

david
10-10-2005, 09:17
Do horned one riders with a spawning become rare? This is from the southlands list for anyone that doesnt know what a horned one is.

My opinion is they stay special. Skink cohorts and saurus warriors have the rule in their description that makes them move from core to special.

What do you guys think?

Gabacho Mk.II
10-10-2005, 09:47
Horned one riders cannot be given a spawning. (IIRC)

Additionaly, this thread belongs in the Rules forum.

[someone else jump in and help me out here...]

david
10-10-2005, 17:05
horned one riders can be given blessings, their in the southlands army. Your thinking of cold ones which are in the Lustrian list.

david
11-10-2005, 18:55
surely people can jump in here with a yay or nay other than a singler person who was talking about the wrong unit?

NakedFisherman
11-10-2005, 19:04
It doesn't say they change to Rare when given a Sacred Spawning, so why would they?

DeathMasterSnikch
11-10-2005, 19:16
Rule book doesn't say so...

and @ nakedfisherman where does it say they dont though? It does make sense since all other units follow this rule so it's not like it's not a decent reason to consider it.

Arthion
11-10-2005, 19:49
They already have the Itzl mark. And the mark rule applies only to Saurus units. I rather see the special mark for the horned ones as a normal addition without any further change in the slot. As the Saurus in the southland list aren't allowed any marks.

GranFarfar
11-10-2005, 20:55
I would say No. I dosnīt says so in the rules - on other units (such as the Saurus) it is stated specifically.

david
11-10-2005, 23:12
Thanks for the replies guys. This was a matter of getting third party perspective. I thought they didnt move up a slot. The other person wasnt sure.

mageith
12-10-2005, 01:09
Do horned one riders with a spawning become rare? This is from the southlands list for anyone that doesnt know what a horned one is.

My opinion is they stay special.

According to a strict reading of the rules, I'd say no. The general rule on page 51 only applies to Saurus units and characters. There is no specific exception to this like with the skink cohorts.

Also, all cases of applying this rule refers to core units. The Horned One Riders aren't core.

If GW intended for them to become rare, they didn't make it very clear. I don't think it's even intended.

Mage Ith

anarchistica
12-10-2005, 01:30
Thanks Ithy, i'll just undo my work than.