PDA

View Full Version : 1st list w/ new VC (2000pt blood dragons)

PhonelessInAtl
26-03-2008, 03:16
Vampire lord- red fury, infinate hatred, walking death, tomb blade, flayed hauberk= 355

vampire- avatar of death= 120

skeletons- base x20, spears, champion, musician, standard= 200

skeletons- base x20, spears, champion, musician, standard= 200

bat swarm- base x3= 105

grave guard- base x15, seneschal, standard= 204

grave guard- base x15, seneschal, standard= 204

black knights- base x5, barding, hell knight, standard= 172

varghulf- =175

blood knights- base x5, kastellan, standard= 315

ive got no experience with the current VC, and im guessing its more than different than the old list, so i was wondering what you thought of this thing i threw toghether in lit today. i tried to give it a generally blood dragon feel, while including the units ive already got. obviously not magic heavy (at all), but im hoping that the units will be hard enough on their own to serve their purpose. and then theres the staby lord of death that i just couldnt resist, sitting in a unit of skellies straight in the center and keeping them at what i imagine will be about maximum strength.

id love to hear any feedback you have (constructive is preffered) on unit choice, tactics, the works.

Jampire
26-03-2008, 05:06
Firstly, love the list. I've been wondering when I'd see a strictly combat VC army...

The only real thing I'd change is using Fell Bats instead of Bat Swarms. Between your Varguhlf, Black Knights, and Blood Knights, they'd accent your mobility better than Swarms.

100 points = 5 Fell Bats. You could use the 5 points leftover to buy your Vampire a Biting Blade for an extra -1 to Armor Saves! Good times, good times...