PDA

View Full Version : Are Truthsayers/Dark Emmissaries Legal?

Shamfrit
26-03-2008, 20:37
I have found only one thread concering this (as far as my rooting can see) so I apoligise If I'm dredging up an old subject, and please delete/move as required.

My dilemna is, I've challenged a friend, an experienced one to a 2k game, Skaven vs. Vampire Counts (first time against and with the new rules/list.) I'm wanting to reform my tactics and bring something that works somewhat better against him than my current luck with Warp Lightning. After persusing the world I stumbled across the Dark Emissaries, now, the magic spells seem to compliment Skaven alot more, never mind bringing the Skaven-Horned-Rat-Like-Model-Convenience into it.

What I want to know is, are they 'legal' still as a H/R choice, or would I have to ask Mr Vampire Count if I could take one? It's a fun game, but I don't want the surprise ruined so to speak -

I'm also rather adamant on re-wording Coils of the Serpent to be Swarm of the Rat, but you know -

I've written up Albion based Skaven fluff for it too :skull: Just in case-

Thanks in advance!

Greyfire
26-03-2008, 21:04
What I want to know is, are they 'legal' still as a H/R choice, or would I have to ask Mr Vampire Count if I could take one? It's a fun game, but I don't want the surprise ruined so to speak -
If it's a fun game (and it should be) then make sure it's cool with your opponent and play. "Legal" choices apply to tournaments, not to fun games.

Per the Dogs of War rules, he is listed as a Rare & Hero choice for the Skaven army (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/gaming/dogsofwar/assets/dogs_of_war.pdf). I'm pretty sure he's safe to take either way.

Just make sure you're both having fun. The last time I saw either of these casters was in a non-fun "I want two lord level casters at 2000 pts" game. That was very not-fun. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, tho'.

-=- Steve

Shamfrit
26-03-2008, 22:04
Thanks for the feedback Greyfire, it's a difficult line to cross - but like you said, it's there in the table as a H/R choice, but not in the updated Dogs of War lists (although that is for the exclusively DOW list, as I understand.)

I'm not doing it to have Two Lord Levels, I'm using the Emissary instead of Two Engineers, because I'm sick...to...death of Warp Lightning! This way, I get more flexibility, and I get to see the Undead attack themselves :wtf:

I think, if nobody else replies, I'll ask Mr Vampire if he objects to DOW inclusions, that way, I'm covered on both grounds, so to speak - *thumbs up.*

EvC
26-03-2008, 22:39
It's the kind of thing that some opponents will whine about if you bring one without letting them know about in advance. So I'd recommend letting your opponent know you want to use one, but emphasise that you're not doing it to cheese out your list (As some do).

Shamfrit
26-03-2008, 22:51
Cheers EvC, on the head as ever. Will let them know - :D Thanks guys.

*Runs off to think of Celtic/Skaven names.*

Crispian25
27-03-2008, 02:40
I have used one for a while as a part of my Chaos army, fluffed in to link with my common lord choice. I don't use it in tournament games, just in themed games, because of their somewhat dubious nature, but they are 'legal' as a Dogs of War choice for any listed army.