PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Slann

terrornid
28-03-2008, 02:23
What spells do you choose for the a 4th Gen slann? I also have 2 shamans with him for arc nodes lol.

I am in a 2000 pt tourney. I know I am facing Empire and Woodelves.

Lord Dan
28-03-2008, 03:14
Just grab as many magic missiles as you can. They're usually low casting cost, and when you have 4 or 5 of them in your arsenal they can really start doing damage.

For the skinks I would just take the reroll spell. Then use those on the Slann.

Mercules
28-03-2008, 12:45
Just grab as many magic missiles as you can. They're usually low casting cost, and when you have 4 or 5 of them in your arsenal they can really start doing damage.

For the skinks I would just take the reroll spell. Then use those on the Slann.

The endless magic missiles are not as useful on a 4th Gen Slann. You don't get the free casting die that a 2nd Gen does so you can rarely use all of them in a given turn. Probably better off have a bit of diversity in what the Slann can do.

Lordmonkey
28-03-2008, 12:52
Lots of direct damage. If your playing dwarves/brets, go for metal. If your playing tree spirits or tomb kings, fire. Otherwise, go heavens.

rodmillard
28-03-2008, 13:36
I would actually go with an equal mix of light and death. You get two decent magic missiles as the default spells, and a good chance of rolling some decent support spells as well (remember, dazzling brightness means that even skink skirmishers will be hitting on 3+, and who doesn't like the idea of saurus cav causing terror?!)

milosh
28-03-2008, 13:42
I would say default spell from metal (+ bane head and you opp will burn his scrolls early on, just snipe his gen) and the rest in light. Light spells have low casting req so you can use more of them in one magic phase.

Conotor
29-03-2008, 02:51
Shadow. 38 inch JSOD charge, pit of shades, and unsean lurker all own.