PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts of Dawi

Eatainel
29-03-2008, 19:18
Characters:

Dwarf Lord(145)Great weapon(6)gromril armor with Rune of Stone(5)Rune of Resistance(25)carried by Shieldbearers(25)=206pts
-Budge Lord, there to give the Hammerers maximum bonus and do damage/soak hits and be cheap.

Thane(65)Rune Axe with Rune of Cleaving(20)Master Rune of Swiftness(25)gromril armor with Master Rune of Gromril(25) carries Battle Standard=160pts
-BSB, keeps the army together and deploys with Longbeards. Given combat runes to kill things before they kill him/help with CR.

Runesmith(70)hand weapon, Great weapon(4)gromril armor with Rune of Stone(5)shield(2)Runic Talisman with 2x Runes of Spellbreaking(50)=131pts
-pretty standard anti-magic guy, helps take edge off enemy magic phases.

Core:

20xWarriors(180)hand weapons, heavy armor, shields, Full Command(25)=205pts

20xWarriors(180)hand weapons, heavy armor, shields, Full Command(25)=205pts

20xLongbeards(240)hand weapons, heavy armor, shields, Full Command(30)Rune of Battle(25)=295pts
-These three units form my main battle line. All are durable, Longbeards can take care of themselves and when placed in center will hold the line. Warriors are pretty standard, one block gets the Runesmith to protect.

10xThunderers(150)Dwarf handgun, hand weapons, light armor, shields=150pts

10xThunderers(150)Dwarf handgun, hand weapons, light armor, shields=150pts
-Love these guys, my flank protectors and anti-Fast Cavalry/Skirmisher guys. Can contribute also to wearing down heavy calvary/infantry with -2 AS.

Special:
20xHammerers(260)Great hammers, hand weapons, heavy armor, shields, Full command(30)=290pts
-The lords bodyguard, can guard a chokepoint if need to because they won't run, or advance in main line to press the enemy into a corner and force their hand.

Cannon(90)3 crew with hand weapons, light armor, Rune of Forging(35)=125pts
-Takes care of big nasties and characters. Flank shots will also get rid of pesky heavy calvary and can strip ranks from heavy infantry.

Bolt Thrower(45)3 crew with hand weapons, light armor, Engineer(15)Rune of Penetrating(25)=85pts
-Basically same as cannon, adds redundancy so I can take care of the big threats for certain.

Total=2002 pts

I'm a bit worried I'm light on shooting, but what most interests me about Dwarfs is their rock hard infantry.

AFoolProofPlan
29-03-2008, 20:35
Don't state the individual points for the items and such.
Apparently that's illegal or something...

phoenixcrh
30-03-2008, 11:54
Take the shield fron your rune smith and you will have 2000 points even :) and take away the individual point values (its against the rules). Other than that you have a nice list that uses all of the standard strengths of the dwarf army. Maybe add the master rune of challenge some where, it always helps ;) good luck.

Dead Man Walking
30-03-2008, 17:21
I dont know if you need 4 units of infantry, since you have your core covered I might drop one unit for rare artillery. I also prefer a thane over a lord, its just cheaper. But thats negotiable as far as I am concerned.