PDA

View Full Version : Standards in combat?

Blackrabbit33
10-10-2005, 20:36
Right i know you get +1 for having a standard in combat but if you have more than one unit in combat say 3 and each of those has a standard do you then get a +3? or does it stay +1

Keller
10-10-2005, 21:14
Just +1. You can only count one standard for purposes of combat res, no matter how many units you have in the combat with standards.

skavenguy13
11-10-2005, 12:20
And BSB counts as a banner for that purpose, so a unit with BSB and a normal banner only gets +1.

If your BSB MUST stay in a unit, I suggest to drop the normal banner because it won't give +1.

Threch
11-10-2005, 15:56
Well, I think it depends on the army/strat and the cost of the unit in question's standard.

As Skaven, I prefer to buy standards for all the units that can get them, then I am free to have the battle standard move to whatever unit he wants in order to addapt to a changing line of battle without leaving a unit bannerless. In my opinion this flexability is well worth the 10 points for an extra standard. Particularly if you are using a magic banner this can be usefull, since most magic BSB holding characters seem to be rather fragile and might wish to move out of harm's way.

Blackrabbit33
11-10-2005, 18:24
Just +1. You can only count one standard for purposes of combat res, no matter how many units you have in the combat with standards.

thats what i thought

thanks for clearing that up