Core Chariot of Chaos,
120pts

Core 5 warhounds
30pts

Special 10 flayerkin,wallclimber
126pts

Rare chaos Hell cannon
270pts

this is my army so far i have taken flayerkin as the demon section will become obselite soon so i have taken that into account. I asked the Gw if hellcanon can still be used and they said it can since it is still being stocked so i think that it may be in the next book.
so some advice would be great on this army list.

Crispian25
30-03-2008, 18:39
The chariot is a special choice under the Archaon's Horde list (must use this list to include Flayerkin), as well as the Chosen warriors. Also, the Warriors and Marauders get free command upgrades for having the amount of troops you have chosen (except the chosen group, need one more). Also, you need one more Core unit, because of how things move to Special choices in this particular army list. Revamp those things, then see how your points total up. Army Builder says 1913, so you still have some points to play with (at least one sorcerer if you are playing 2000 points).

Also Daemons and Beasts are not out yet, and there hasn't been anything confirmed about them being unuseable in future Mortal Chaos lists.

chaoslordmassurgi
01-04-2008, 16:11
ok i have redone my army but not drasticly i have realised that november is a long way away so i have done this instead.

Hero exalted champion,additional H/W,crown of everlasting conquest 154 pts
Hero exalted champion,beserker sword,enchanted shield,mark of khorn 185 pts
Hero aspiring champion,shield,mark of Tzeench 152 pts

Core 10 chosen khornate warriors with a/H/W and full command,rage banner 325 pts
Core 14 undivided warriors with shields full command and banner of wrath 290 pts
Core chariot of chaos, mark of tzeench 140 pts
Core 15 marauders,full command great weapons 130pts

Special 3 screamers 99 pts

Rare spawn 60 pts

the hero's with the respective mark go into the unit with the mark so the tzeench sorcerer goes into the chariot for mobility and hitting power the khornate unit will eat any thing they get close to and the undivided are there to cause hassle and so are the marauders.

Yehoshua
01-04-2008, 19:40
General suggestions:

Chosen Warriors should have halberds (because an extra strength benefits you more on them then yet another attack).

Regular warrior units should be at least 15 strong, preferably more like 22-23, and should take the War Banner for static combat resolution. Preferably accompany a big warrior unit with your BSB.

A unit of marauders with great weapons is best paired with an Undivided (or Nurgle, but then you risk failing Stupidity) Exalted Champion on foot with a Great Weapon and the Helm of Many Eyes. At least then a few marauders may survive long enough to strike.

Regular spawn suck for their cost. Slaanesh marked spawn suck less,but you need two to be worth anything. Buy two units of warhounds instead.

chaoslordmassurgi
01-04-2008, 19:56
General suggestions:

Chosen Warriors should have halberds (because an extra strength benefits you more on them then yet another attack).

A unit of marauders with great weapons is best paired with an Undivided (or Nurgle, but then you risk failing Stupidity) Exalted Champion on foot with a Great Weapon and the Helm of Many Eyes. At least then a few marauders may survive long enough to strike.

my chosen warriors have been made with additional hand weapons and i would need a unit of nurgle to take a nurgle hero dont I? if not then i will do that:chrome:

Yehoshua
01-04-2008, 20:04
You can mark a chaos chariot with Nurgle for 15 points, or fill a special slot with 1-2 Nurglings for 40-80 points.

chaoslordmassurgi
01-04-2008, 20:52
You can mark a chaos chariot with Nurgle for 15 points, or fill a special slot with 1-2 Nurglings for 40-80 points.

this is a great idea but can marked leaders join marauders with no mark at all?

Yehoshua
02-04-2008, 07:28
Yes. The restriction only applies to joining units of a different mark. Unmarked units have no mark.

SilentStalker
02-04-2008, 19:46
I think these armies are too small in models for the game size. Too many points spent in heroes and unit upgrades. Drop the chosen status on the warriors, its not worth the point cost, just leave them with mark of Khorne. They would get shot up too much before combat, or redirected, and their potential would be wasted. I suppose you could use the Screamers as a screen, but that doesn't always work. You have a grand total of about 4 models in your army. That is VERY small, even for chaos. MORE TROOPS!!!

Big TM
02-04-2008, 21:40
swap the exalted with crown for a unit of knights for some serious hitting power.
also i agree, stick the tzeench one with the marauders, and upgrade the chariot to nurgle o it causes fear.

Yehoshua
02-04-2008, 22:50
Telling the guy to buy more models is well and good, but if he wants to play with what he has, give him advice to use what he has, I say.

chaoslordmassurgi
03-04-2008, 16:23
thanks Yehoshua well its true as soon as i 2000pts i will change to another army so i need something i can just pickup and play with :)