PDA

View Full Version : Blood Drinker / Tomb Blade question

SuperBeast
30-03-2008, 16:27
Just a quickie;
Had this come up in my FLGS, and was asked for my 'ruling'.
A Vampire Lord armed with the blood drinker was charged, and he lost 2 wounds.
He promptly scored 2 wounds back, and via blood drinker got himself back up to full health.
The question was - do the wounds caused against the vampire count for combat res?
I said yes, because they were inflicted wounds and after checking IoN, Blood drinker and the combat res rules in the BRB, I couldn't see any indication they wouldn't count.

Was that the right decision, or did I miss something?

Festus
30-03-2008, 17:04
Hi

Yes, you were right. There were wounds inflicted.

That the Vampire regained them later didn't change a thing for CR.

Festus

Lordmonkey
30-03-2008, 18:29
#agree with Festus. The same goes for raising models with both the Blood Drinker and the Tomb Blade

Mad Doc Grotsnik
30-03-2008, 18:51
Quite so. Only armour saves, Ward Saves and other forms of Saves negate the gain of Combat Resolution.

Replacing someone cut down doesn't mean they weren't cut down in the first place!

Necronoxz
30-03-2008, 19:49
indeed the wounds count normaal in CR.
as noted up here

athamas
30-03-2008, 21:08
same thing with ranks filed with newly raized dead.. they dont count for ranks as they are counted at the start of combat... but they do count for outnumbering!

Joe_Pineapples*sniper*
10-04-2008, 10:52
Do models brought back to life that turn, then get the opportunity to attack THAT combat? If it hasn't passed their initiative stage at that point?

athamas
10-04-2008, 11:00
i believe so, but they dont get any charging bonuses etc...

Spirit
10-04-2008, 13:15
They are raised with the rules of invocation of nehek, so the attack in inititive order. This could mean that the other skeletons have attacked and the new ones still get to attack, presuming the other skeletons attacked before the character. (accursed armour and a sword for an example)

Joe_Pineapples*sniper*
11-04-2008, 20:42
Ok so playing devils advocate here:

If a unit (lets say 5x4 ranks/file skeletons) has had its complete front rank destroyed by a charging enemy, will the blood drinker restore the skeletons to the front rank or the back rank? I thought the wording on IoN was to the back.

In that situation the unit wouldn't get to strike back from the newly raised models right?

So would the blood drinker only allow models that are returned to the front rank to attack, once they were re-raised?

I think that's correct?

SuperBeast
11-04-2008, 21:37
Added to the back rank, and do not get to attack.
Models that have been 'killed' stay dead.
Only models newly added into combat get the chance to strike; e.g. widening ranks, not adding to them.

Bretonnian Lord
11-04-2008, 23:02
Sorry for the threadjack, but regenerated wounds *don't* count towards Combat res, right?

Lordmonkey
12-04-2008, 00:58
Nope, regeneration is a type of save now, meaning if you pass it, the wounds were never inflicted, and hence not counted for CR :)

Joe_Pineapples*sniper*
12-04-2008, 17:32
Added to the back rank, and do not get to attack.
Models that have been 'killed' stay dead.
Only models newly added into combat get the chance to strike; e.g. widening ranks, not adding to them.

Outstanding, exactly as I thought. Thank you.

DarkSpawnie
13-04-2008, 22:53
Sorry for bringing this back up but with the IoN it states that the raised models replace the champion and such in order and I thought the champion would undoubtedly go to the front rank if it were lost, thats if the champion was killed in the charge.

Spirit
13-04-2008, 23:26
Ah, good one dark, i knew their was an easier example but why that didnt hit me in the face i'll never know..

DarkSpawnie
13-04-2008, 23:32
Thanks, now I'm curious, if a Vampire Lord had the Tomb Blade and was with a group of skeles with a mix of spears and swords of even numbers, what would the new models be equipped with?

HellRaid
14-04-2008, 00:04
Sorry for bringing this back up but with the IoN it states that the raised models replace the champion and such in order and I thought the champion would undoubtedly go to the front rank if it were lost, thats if the champion was killed in the charge.

This could go either way. The champion would be brought back to the front, and *technically* would get to attack (if the initiative step was above I2). Though you could argue that he was dead this combat round, and doesn't get any attacks.
Ruleswise, he'd get to attack, I think.

Thanks, now I'm curious, if a Vampire Lord had the Tomb Blade and was with a group of skeles with a mix of spears and swords of even numbers, what would the new models be equipped with?

How did you get a mix of weapons? All models in a unit should be equipped exactly the same (this is in the rulebook somewhere though where exactly eludes me), so there should be no equipment issues with reviving using the tomb blade (or IoN).

DarkSpawnie
14-04-2008, 00:12
Must of missed that rule, okay thanks.

Dark_Mage99
15-04-2008, 10:49
The champion would get to attack, if he were slain and re-raised with Blood Drinker. It specifically states that it is as if IoN had been cast on them, and IoN has rules for just such a scenario: they get to attack, but lose charging bonuses if they charged.