PDA

View Full Version : 2 rat ogres + 3 pack masters per box?

magnificent*
19-04-2005, 14:44
How many rat ogres will you get per box? I looked for this and I could not find it.

Odin
19-04-2005, 14:48
You've already answered your own question in the title of this thread - there appear to be 2 rat ogres, 3 packmasters and 6 giant rats in every box.

Drabant
19-04-2005, 14:48
http://uk.games-workshop.com/lustria/preview/3/

Check out this sprue. Looking at this it seems like there will be a box with 3 packmasters, 2 rat ogres and 6 giant rats.

Sylass
19-04-2005, 14:51
Pretty much as you said in the title of this thread, one Rat Ogre box seems to consist of 2 Rat Ogres, 3 Packmasters and 6 Giant Rats.

"The Skaven Battalion is a great starting point for any Skaven force, or a good way to expand an existaing army. The Skaven Battalion contains two regiments of clanrats (20 figures each), a regiment of Plaguemonks (20 figures), a Giant Rat Pack (6 rats with Packmaster) and a Rat Ogre Pack (2 Rat Ogres with 2 Packmasters). All of this will help you bring squeeking, clawing death to the enemies of the Ratmen."

-> link (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120206003&orignav=13)

librerian_samae
19-04-2005, 14:51
Indeed and i assume the reason for this is that GW combined both the giant rat and rat ogre units onto the sprues, 2 units for the price of one? Yes please!

Sylass
19-04-2005, 14:55
Well, taking into account that you get 6 Ogre Bulls or 4 Ironguts or 4 Leadbelchers in a plastic regiment box, I don't think the Ratogre box can be called a bargain, really...

3 Rat Ogres + Giant Rats pack and you'd not hear me complaining...but 2 Rat Ogres only?

magnificent*
19-04-2005, 14:56
Since all the rat ogre parts were on one half I thought there was a very remote possibility might get 2 of rat ogre side in a box them in a box.

librerian_samae
19-04-2005, 15:00
Wait I assumed we would be getting 2 of each half in a box, are we not then?

Sir_Glonojad
19-04-2005, 22:17
Maybe the box will be priced lower than a standard unit, in the area of Ł12 perhaps? It would correspond nicely with High Elf BT at 12 pounds, and would effectively cover the "3 ogres etc. per Ł18 box" desire...

lord_blackfang
19-04-2005, 22:46
Indeed and i assume the reason for this is that GW combined both the giant rat and rat ogre units onto the sprues, 2 units for the price of one? Yes please!

Don't you mean "1 and a half units for the price of 3" or something? That sounds more probable, somehow.
:p

But hey, maybe they can stuff it into the slim box and only charge Ł12 or something...

Sir_Glonojad
19-04-2005, 22:49
Haven't I already said that? ;).

Still, I just reconsidered the statement- the last time GW put something into a smaller box, it ended getting more expensive (see: Pegasus Knigths) :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

therisnosaurus
19-04-2005, 23:25
and for those of you who love your giant rats, well the plague monk sprue comes with 4 giant rats per 5 plague monks so you effectively get 20 plague monks and 16 giant rats per box. better value than the moulder one unless it's cheaper methinks

Etienne de Beaugard
20-04-2005, 03:30
I was originally shocked by GW only putting one sprue in the box until I realized this wasn't a regiment box. It is a small unit box, like Bretonnian Pegasus Knights or the HE RBT.

BullBuchanan
20-04-2005, 05:04
maybe they'll give you One complete rat ogre, and the another half of a body....you know, for conversion purposes....;)

Sir_Glonojad
20-04-2005, 08:33
Well, the Plague Monks are already on advanced order, so we will know soon enough about the Ogres. ;).

skavenguy13
20-04-2005, 21:38
My guess is it will be in a smaller box, like the gnoblar box. IIRC they do cost something like 5$ less in my store.

Sir_Glonojad
21-04-2005, 08:48
AFAIK, Gnoblar box is a "standard" (Ł18) box. It is the Ogres (and Pegasus Knights) which are a more expensive (Ł20) one.

Avian
21-04-2005, 10:02
AFAIK, Gnoblar box is a "standard" (Ł18) box. It is the Ogres (and Pegasus Knights) which are a more expensive (Ł20) one.
Actually the Gnoblar come in a smaller box at a standard price. Horrible value for the money, no matter how you consider it.

thanquol
02-06-2005, 13:19
What are u guys complaining about...?
I think it isn't quite the best bargain, but it could, of coz, have been worse, couldn't it?

The boyz
02-06-2005, 13:24
and for those of you who love your giant rats, well the plague monk sprue comes with 4 giant rats per 5 plague monks so you effectively get 20 plague monks and 16 giant rats per box. better value than the moulder one unless it's cheaper methinks

Ideal thats well good.

Griefbringer
03-06-2005, 10:53
What are u guys complaining about...?
I think it isn't quite the best bargain, but it could, of coz, have been worse, couldn't it?

Some people might have complaints about having to buy the giant rats if they want the rat ogres or vice versa.

75hastings69
03-06-2005, 10:57
If you don't want the giant rats dont use them, it took me ages, and also alot of money, to get hold of loads of rats (metal, plastic etc.) which i used for mounting on the bases of my skaven army, i for one would have been very happy if these had been available at the time. I still think that this box is a good deal.

Griefbringer
03-06-2005, 12:20
I am not playing Skaven so I do not have complaints. And if you are playing Moulder, then it makes sense to take both Rat Ogres and Giant Rats - but those more into min-maxing might want to have just one and not the other sort.

I guess we will see a number of "trading Giant rats for Rat Ogres" threads in the wanted department in the future.

That said, the Rat Ogre sprue seems to become with enough arms and heads for four models, so more innovative people might find other sources of legs and bodies (like Ogre box) and convert normal plastic Skaven for beastmasters.

Anyway, the rats have now four plastic boxes out there, which can be used for building quite a lot of different units (clanrats, slaves, night runners, gutter runners, giant rats, rat ogres, plague monks) - though I can already hear the cry going out for a Clan Skryre plastic set (like there wasn't enough SADs already out there).

Falkman
03-06-2005, 13:21
Here in Sweden Pegasus Knights costs as much as the regular regiment boxes, so I guess Britain (and Poland) got the bad end of that deal huh :P

NakedFisherman
04-06-2005, 03:50
I wish they split the sprues. Sucks to have to pay full price of 2 Rat Ogres when I only want the Packmasters and Giant Rats.

Ganymede
26-08-2005, 04:48
Personally, I will continue to use the very nice metal ratogres that were released not too long ago, and leave the current ratogres and their huge shoulder gaps to whomever wants em. The plague monk box, on the other hand, I'm all over that bargain. A full box of twenty miniatures plus lots of extra bits, and 16 giant rats? sign me up!

Jericho
26-08-2005, 07:32
Sorry but was that really worth digging up a 2.5 month old thread for? Let the dead rest Ganymede ;)

At least I agree with your point, Plage Monks > Packmaster and crew. Way better deal than the Rat Orges (I'm sorry but I have to spell it that way, it says so on the Batallion box :D).

brother_fandango
26-08-2005, 18:21
im really not a skaven player, but isnt it kind of beardy if you want to have units of 3 ogres, to only include 2 in a box? that means you need to buy 3 boxes to have 6 ogres, a buttload of giant rats, and the pack masters? is that cheap, or is it just me?