cursed book
sword of might
enchanted shield

black coach 200

varghulf 175

14 grave guard with standard bearer and banner of burrows total 239

SilverWarlock
31-03-2008, 03:18
hell steed is a flying mount and can't join units. Figure I should point it out as it looks like you are trying to stick him in the ghouls.

DarkStarr
31-03-2008, 04:05
No just use him as a flyer to kill warmachines and what not. You dont have to have the vamp with ghoulkin join the ghouls for them to get the first move, just one on the battlefield.

vorac
31-03-2008, 04:40
one of your vampires has 2 magic swords which is illegal

Necronartum
31-03-2008, 04:49
Hey mate. Not played VC's for long, but even I know that realistically you need more than 10 skeletons for a core unit! In a 2000 point game, they are worthless and will get smashed to bits by CR alone. You need at LEAST 20 in each unit to field them properly. You have far too many points in Vampires. Drop one, and take more skeletons or ghouls. You can find the points from dropping your Grave Guard down to 10, a Vampire and a unit of Dire Wolves for 10 skeletons in each unit of your existing cores. With the remaining points, you could take a Necromancer with a couple of dispell scrolls as you currently have none.

Just my $0.02

Necronartum
31-03-2008, 04:57
Oh and remove the points values from things, its against posting rules ;).

Post the total costs of things, like this:

vampire:200pts
dark acolyte
dispell scroll
tomb blade

DarkStarr
31-03-2008, 05:02
Well I completly agree with you. You see the strategy is to rais each unit to 20 plus in the first turn wich will be very easy considering my vamp lord has the vampire ability lord of the dead wich adds a plus one to raising the unit and allows them to be raised beyond starting strength. So he only needs a 3 plus to achieve this, he will have 6 plus two pool dice plus 2 power stones I 100 percent certain this will happen. I don't field necromancers I find them of not much use in my games, I'd rather have no mancer than 1 and find vamps to be absolutly necessary considering they are the bulk of my damage. Last couple times i had a necro on a corpse cart I wished i had a xtra vamp even though i had a victory there were a couple close calls that a xtra vamp could have solved. so 4 vamps are staying and I will raise the neccesary units with 13 power dice and 3 power stones.

As to the 2 swords I will drop the sword of striking and take a enchanted shield.

g0ddy
31-03-2008, 22:17
The vampire on the flying steed? I assume you mean he has "Dreadknight" and not "Avatar of Death" ?

~ g0ddy