PDA

View Full Version : Complete list of every Ultramarine ever mentioned

battle captain corpus
31-03-2008, 13:00
I would like to start off this thread by saying that this list is no-way fully comprehensive. It is taken from a number of sources over a few years. I just feel that with such a wealth of knowledge out there Warseer was one of the best places to display this. Below is as complete a list as I can render of the Ultramarines Chapter named marines.
Also, if anyone feels I have missed someone, which no doubt I have ;), please tell me and it will be corrected!
Ok, with no further ado I present the warriors of Ultramar in all their glory…

Current Chapter Master:
Lord Macragge, Marneus Augustus Calgar
Honour Guard: Chapter Ancient Agrippa, Champion Lucius, Brothers Strabo and Tiberius,
Land Raider: Maximus

Librarius:
Chief Librarian Tigurius,
Epistolary Antilochi,
Codicier Numanor,
Lexicanum Sicarius

Chaplains: (Company unattached)
Cassius, Master of Sanctity
Galatian,
Maneus,
Helixan,

Techmarines:
Andronicus,
Varius,
Marnius,
Orian
Rhino: Vulcan

1st Company: “The Warriors of Ultramar”
Captain Agemman, (Current, formerly of the 2nd Company)
Captain Tiberius, (Previous)
Chaplain Clausel,
Chaplain Numitor,
Dreadnought: Idaeus

Veteran Squads:
Tirusus “I”: Sgt Tirusus, Brother Caesaran
Gaius “II”: Sgt Gaius, Brothers: Numitor and Sicar
Solinas “III”: Sgt Solinas, Brother Bellan
Cornelius “IV”: Sgt Cornelius, Brother Crassis
Calidus “V”,
Venatus “VI”: Sgt Venatus, Brother Andronicus
Phraetus “IX”: Sgt Phraetus, Brother Bellanus
Valius, (no number)
Glavinius, (no number)
Sinon: Sgt Sinon, Brothers: Antilochus, Bellanus, Ephatus and Cornelius, (no number)
Strabo: Sgt Strabo, Brother Varus
Fennius: Sgt Fennius, Brothers: Orionus, Terconan, Colloss and Aggripan (no number)
Vandius (no number)
Scipio (no number)
Titus: Sgt Titus, Brothers: Daaceus, Octavianus, Maneus and Caesaran (no number)
Bellan: Sgt Bellan, Brothers: Varus and Andron (no number)

Land Raider: Vandilus II,
Predator Annihilator: Gladius, (on permanent attachment)

2nd Company: “The Guardians of the Temple”
Captain Sicarius, (Current)
Captain Agemman, (Previous)
Chaplain Agrippus
Veteran Sgts Kallistus and Cossos.
Dreadnoughts: Ferrous and Ferox

Command Squad:
Ammianus: Sgt Ammianus, Apothecary Cornelus, Standard Bearer Crassus, Champion Tellion and Brother Kaspius.

Tactical Squads:
Romulus “II”: Sgt Romulus, Brothers: Valius, Maximus, Galatian, Helixus, Daceus, Signatus, Bellanus, Tercon and Eleus.
Invictor “VI”: Sgt Invictor, Brother Signatus
Argentus, (no number)
Calunatus, (no number)
Galatius: Sgt Galatius, Brother Altarion (no number)
Sigmus: Sgt Sigmus, Brother Elanius (no number)
Orion (Served under Cpt.Agemman): Sgt Orion, Brothers Telion, Cossos, Remus and Tacitus (no number)
Altarion: Sgt Altarion, Brothers: Crassus, Galtian, Elanius and Venatus. (no number)

Assault Squads:
Solinus “VIII”
Severian, (no number)
Ixus: Sgt Ixus, Brother Cassian (no number)
Romu: Sgt Romu, Brother Agemanus (no number)
Tirus: Sgt Tirus, Brother Praetorus (no number)
Chronus: Sgt Chronus, Brothers: Crassus, Helixus, Altarion, Cornelius, Calaedus, Strabo, Lusius, Vespatian and Trajanus. (no number)
Signa: Sgt Signa, Brothers Abraxi and Elanius. (no number)

Devastator Squads:
Tercon “X”: Sgt Tercon, Brother Sinon (no number)
Tactitus: Sgt Tactitus, Brothers: Fennias, Helicanus, Lamentius, Epheus, Tirus, Valius, Severian, Tribunus and Icarus (no number)
Typhan: Sgt Typhan, Brother Elaniusa (no number)
Cornelus, (no number)

Attached Vehicles:
Razorback: Extremis
Predator Annihilators: Mordatus, Vengus and Vensus
Predator Destructors: Gladdus
Rhinos: Corpus (attached to Sqd.Romulus) and Gatus
Land Raider: Titus
Whirlwind: Andronicus
Vindicator: Lamenta

3rd Company: “Scourge of the Xenos”
Captain Ardias, (Current)
Captain Invictus, (Previous)
Chaplain Tiber
Chaplin Helixus
Veteran Sgt Telionn
Dreadnought: Varus

Command Squad:
Chronus: Sgt Chronus, Standard Bearer Alexion, Apothecary Pelius, Champion Alexis and Brother Vespasian.

Tactical Squads:
Ovatius “II”
Theta “IV”: Sgt Theta, Brother Tacitus. (Served under Cpt.Invictus)

Devastator Squads:
Signatus: Sgt Signatus, Brother Orion. (no number)

4th Company: “The Defenders of Ultramar”
Captain Uriel Ventris (Current)
Captain Idaeus, (Previous)
Captain Gaius, (Previous)
Veteran Sgt Manus

Tactical Squads:
Lectus “II”,
Daceus “V”: Sgt Daceus, Brother Severian

Devastator Squads:
Probis: Sgt Probis, Brother Octavus (no number)

5th Company: “Wardens of the Eastern Fringe”
Captain Galenus, Master of the Marches (Current)
Captain Primus (Previous)

Assault Squads:
Solinas: Sgt Solinas, Brother Bellan (no number)
Velanto: Sgt Velanto, Brothers: Eleus, Hycrleon, Corpis and Coriolandus. (no number)

Devastator Squads:
Galatian: Sgt Galatian, Brothers: Altarion, Tigurian, Andronicus and Romus. (no number, served under Cpt. Primus)

6th Company: (Reserve)
Captain Epathos, Master of the Rites (Current)

7th Company: “The Defenders of Caeserean” (Reserve)
Command Squad:
Crassas: Sgt Crassas, Brother Altarion.

8th Company: (Reserve)
Captain Maximus

Assault Squads:
Agripus “VII”: Sgt Agripus, Brother Numitor
Corpanus: Sgt Corpanus, Brother Trajan (no number)
Solin: Sgt Solin, Brothers Galtus, Cosso, Probis and Praetus. (no number)

9th Company: (Reserve)
Captain Cassius

Devastator Squads:
Agripus “IX”: Sgt Agripus, Brother Laertesus.
Octavian “X”: Sgt Octavian, Brother Marnus.
Ixion: Sgt Ixion, Brothers Chronus, Preator, Pentheus and Terconus.

Attached Vehicles:
Razorback: Furyan attached to Squad Ixion.

10th Company: (Scout)
Captain Abraxxon

Squads:
Fabio “II”: Sgt Fabio, Brothers Helican, Varus, Ardian, Maxima, Tactican, Omeganus, Orion and Severin.

Deus Mechanicus
31-03-2008, 13:01
Very impressive work there

Leftenant Gashrog
31-03-2008, 13:51
some Ye Olde fluff:
Commander Darik led a cleansing of a Genestealer Cult on Necromunda. (from Necromunda campaign for Spaceh Hulk 1st edition)

Brother-Captain Antoninus, led cleansing of a Genestealer Cult in Infernus Hive shortly after the 2nd Armageddon War. (from Strike Deep campaign for Space Hulk 1st edition)

Lexicanian Elisar Trask, possibly supreme commander of Ultramarine forces on Tallarn - after all the other officers were killed of course. (from original Codex Titanicus)

Gregorius, Heresy era officer of unknown rank but presumably platoon or company commander. (from Space Marine 1st edition rulebook)

Brother-Captain Karrack, apparently an assistant to Roboute Guilliman (from SM1e rulebook)

SonofUltramar
31-03-2008, 14:10
A couple off the top of my head relate directly to 4th Company, Chaplain Clausel, Techmarine Harkus and Sgt. Learchus and Sgt. Lucius all from the Ventris series. Also at the time of the Battle of Macragge there was a Vet. Sgt. Ventris who was a battle brother of the 1st Company:)

battle captain corpus
31-03-2008, 15:43
Cheers guys, keep them coming! Im going to redo the list when I have gathered some more marines, both on here and on the B&C. ;)

Mechanicus
31-03-2008, 15:46
Anyone who's got Chaos Gate, can you remember the Ultramarines in that? I think I remember them having names, but it's not on my system right now, so I can't check. Or have you got those already?

MrBigMr
31-03-2008, 16:12
If the Captain of the 3rd company, Ardias, is the same guy that was in Fire Warrior, Wiki sez:
"...he was later ironically killed battling the Tau in the Joran retaliation in 745.M41"

But then again, it's a wiki quote, so doesn't mean its true. There was no source given to this.

Mechanicus
31-03-2008, 16:34
I would say there's two Captain Ardias'. We know of two Ventris', after all.

MrBigMr
31-03-2008, 16:48
"Ok, the 3rd company needs a new captain now that Ardias is dead."
"Well, there's a promising sergeant Ardias in the 5th company."
"Hmm..."
"Besides, we wouldn't have to write the name anew on everything."
"That settles it, he's promoted."

SonofUltramar
31-03-2008, 17:01
If someone has the 3rd Ed Marine Codex we can add a list of all the Company Captains? I think we should also limit ourselves to things that can be referenced?

battle captain corpus
31-03-2008, 17:25
If someone has the 3rd Ed Marine Codex we can add a list of all the Company Captains? I think we should also limit ourselves to things that can be referenced?

I can refrence every single name so far...:wtf:

Lord Damocles
31-03-2008, 17:40
Ancient Helvecius (deceased)

1st Company Captain Invictus (deceased)

From WD 256 I think...

EDIT: Oh, and Old One Ferrox (technicly deceased)

ReveredChaplainDrake
31-03-2008, 18:00
-Chaplain Varnus (DoW: Winter Assault)
-Constantinius (Excommunicate; does that count?)

Edit: bit of a dumb question, does Roboutte Guilliman count?

Jellicoe
31-03-2008, 18:16
OK - time for first Ultra marine fluff ever printed - ref White Dwarf 97

Calgar you have

To which I would add

Lieutenant commander Cha Lee
Chief Librarian Illiyan Nastase (half Eldar)
Master of the Apothecarian Hulm Singa
Master of the Ships Christo Columbine
Master of the Forge Samuel Dexter
Master of the Ordanance Captain Keorn Asata
Master of the Household Fimor Dour
Master of Sanctity Tow Takka-chow

+ Reclusiarch Leo Caberra - non marine but attached priest of the imperial cult

An article from the old times that shows what White Dwarf was and how far it has fallen. A huge amount of detail about the organisation and the individuals therein. Clearly significant fluff mutation taken place then, they are nonetheless the Ultra marines

malika
31-03-2008, 18:19
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ultramarines#Notable_Ultramarines

MrBigMr
31-03-2008, 18:29
Chief Librarian Illiyan Nastase (half Eldar)
Chief Librarian Astropath actually.

Illiyan was born to a human mother on the world of Badab following the expulsion of the tyrant there in 912 of the current millennium. His father was an unknown Eldar mercenary. The youngster was gene-tested at birth in accord with the law and subsequently taken into Imperial custody. He was reared in the government compound by the Imperial Mission which took over the running of Badab after the war.

Along with other potential psychics he undertook the journey to Earth in 924 where further tests led to the eventual soul-binding in 925. From that point Nastase was recruited into the Administratum as an Astropath. He attained the ranks of Secundus, Prefect and eventually rose to hold Consulship for four years, helping to run Terra's advisory Senate to the Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica. Following this he undertook four years service with the fleet, a further two years with the Dark Angels Marines and was appointed as chief of the Macragge interstellar communications link under the jurisdiction of the Ultra-Marines (965). Nastase is now 76 rears old (current year 987) but, thanks to his parentage, shows few signs of age.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
31-03-2008, 18:40
Frankly, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Octavian, and that other Sgt. from BFM. That's two squads of the 2nd company right there. Furthermore, an Assault Squad is named in the extra missions on the GW site. Also, I believe Octavian is currently the Chapter Ancient, with Agrippa having died at Corinth (the famous Ultramarine illustration labeled "The Breach of Corinth" shows a wounded standard bearer, falling in line with the fluff.)

SonofUltramar
31-03-2008, 20:59
I can refrence every single name so far...:wtf:

what i meant was that if we're putting down random names can be put a reference if its obscure, which people have been doing thus far which is great

Also need to add Admiral Lazlo Tiberius who took over as Master of the Fleet from Uriel Ventris and Philotas a bridge officer on the Vae Victus. We've also missed out Sgt. Pasanius Lysane from 4th Company. These references are from the short story Leviathan from Inferno 34 which was the story between Nightbringer and Warriors of Ultramar. It also mentions a Brother Covius, Brother Flavian, Sgt. Brigantus, Apothecary Selenus and Brother Tavion (deceased to a Genestealer).

Consequences from Inferno 44, which was the story between WoU and DSBS adds the following:

Captain Pythea, 2nd Company
Captain Sicaruis, 3rd Company (presumably before moving to 2nd Company for Medusa V)
Master of the Forge Fennias Maxim
Captain Ixion, 6th Compny
Captain Antilochus, 10th Company

In the same Inferno there was a comic strip which also includes Brother Jantine

then a list of the members of Ventris' Command Squad:

Vet. Sgt. Pasanius Lysane
Apothecary Gaius Selenus
Company Standard Bearer Peleus
and Brothers Alketas, Midas, Itheus and Cheiron

think thats enough for now:)

rickie8437
01-04-2008, 06:21
this looks cool, im not a smurf player my self but this looks a good read

you should try to get the full 100 marines and support staff for the chapter, somthing GW will never do as that means they have to write fluff

rick

Captain Stern
01-04-2008, 06:49
I see that captain of the 1st company, Invictus, a staple of the background for many, many years has been casually shifted to the 3rd company in the latest edition and replaced by this Captain 'Agemman' (Who is he? Who cares?). The work of Mcneil no doubt. Urgh. The arrogance of that man.

You might want to add Captain Fabian to the list. In the 2nd edition of the Battle of Macragge he single handedly killed a Hive Tyrant where a dreadnought had failed.

SonofUltramar
01-04-2008, 08:08
I see that captain of the 1st company, Invictus, a staple of the background for many, many years has been casually shifted to the 3rd company in the latest edition and replaced by this Captain 'Agemman' (Who is he? Who cares?). The work of Mcneil no doubt. Urgh. The arrogance of that man.

Not sure I get what you are on about.

Invictus was the Captain of the 1st Company at the time of the Battle of Macragge and was killed along with the entire Company. Agemman who was Captain of 2nd Company was then Promoted to 1st Company and set about rebuilding the "Warriors of Ultramar", this is outlined in various places including the 4th Ed Marine Codex and the story Consequences from Inferno 44 which was published way back in September 04 so it isn't exactly a new either?

Felwether
01-04-2008, 08:10
What about Ancient Helveticus? They released a special edition model of him and all...

Captain Stern
01-04-2008, 08:14
Not sure I get what you are on about.

Invictus was the Captain of the 1st Company at the time of the Battle of Macragge and was killed along with the entire Company. Agemman who was Captain of 2nd Company was then Promoted to 1st Company and set about rebuilding the "Warriors of Ultramar", this is outlined in various places including the 4th Ed Marine Codex and the story Consequences from Inferno 44 which was published way back in September 04 so it isn't exactly a new either?

I stand corrected. Thanks. I saw his name missing under the 1st company list in the first post and only saw him mentioned as being a 3rd company captain.

SonofUltramar
01-04-2008, 08:27
I stand corrected. Thanks. I saw his name missing under the 1st company list in the first post and only saw him mentioned as being a 3rd company captain.

Its cool, it is tricky trying to keep track of where everyone is and the hardest thing about this may be trying to prevent duplication of the same person as some background may show a Brother X but a later publication may have a Sgt. X, which could be entirely feasible depending on the time between the two?

battle captain corpus
01-04-2008, 09:27
Will be updating the list this evening, have it posted elsewhere also so its going to be a mission. Where possibly I'll be adding MIA and KIA options to those we do know about. Again, you are all legends for helping me with this1 :)

rickie8437
01-04-2008, 10:23
did i say 100 i ment 1000 lol

i'll look and see what i can find

rick

Leftenant Gashrog
01-04-2008, 13:45
-Constantinius (Excommunicate; does that count?)

Do you mean Constantinus the Liberator from the new chaos codex? if so then no, the Sons of Guillimann (to which he belongs) are a successor chapter not a nickname for the Ultramarines.