PDA

View Full Version : Power Dice being removed?

Arguleon-veq
31-03-2008, 16:32
Having just started my Orcs and Goblins army properly and a mate just getting High Elves, this issue has come up.

I use the Staff of Sneaky stealing, him the Anullian Crystal. It removes a power dice, but from where?

Does it come from the armies basic 2 pool? whichmakes it very hard for low level wizards to cast [especially goblins with 5 of their 6 spells at 8+!!!] or can it come from anywhere.

Now with Staff of Stealing, it says from the opponents power 'pool' whilst the Crystal says from the opponents 'pile' of power. Does that have an effect on it, is the Gobbo item taking one of the 2 basic and the High Elves taking any?

mattieice
31-03-2008, 16:40
i would say it comes from the army's basic pool of 2 dice, but that's just my opinion.

SuperBeast
31-03-2008, 16:59
As there is no such thing as 'a pile' any more - due to mage PD being individual - I would say the pool. ("The two for turning up").

Makaiju
31-03-2008, 17:15
For the entire game or for that magic phase?

woytek
31-03-2008, 18:00
Each enemy magic phase, a power dice is removed from the power pool of the enemy and added to your dispel pool. This dice does infact come from the 2 basic dice every army gets, since that is the power pool. (well actually, some special rules also add dice to the power pool such as orc units of 20 or more models being in combat at the start of the the magic phase).

By the way, 20 orcs in combat for a power dice?! What the hell, **** that rule, they should've made it 10 or so.

Arguleon-veq
31-03-2008, 18:06
Even the High Elf one that just mentions a 'pile'?

Lord Dan
31-03-2008, 18:09
Yes, the high elf one too.