PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblins and Goblins

havoc626
01-04-2008, 05:37
For the purpose of taking Magic items, and benefiting from banners and the like, are night goblins counted as goblins?

Can a Night Goblin Big Boss take Backstabber's Blade?

Can a squad of Night Goblins benefit from Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner if in range?

Pesonally I would think so, but then there is Bad Moon on a Stick, which says "Night Goblins only". Is it just that only the Night Goblins may take it, yet still take other "Goblin only" items, or is it that they cannot take those items, nor benefit from them?

Nurgling Chieftain
01-04-2008, 05:53
Correct, I think; Night Goblin is more specific than Goblin, Night Goblins being a type of Goblin.

neXus6
01-04-2008, 05:56
I'm a long long time Greenskin player so I still distinguish them as Night Goblins and Common Goblins.

Now while my view isn't supported by the exact wording of the current army book, they are just called Goblins not Common Goblins, I would say the term "Goblin only" encompasses all Goblins both Common and Night while "Night Goblin only" is Night Goblins only.

I can see why it's open to debate though so sorry I cant be definitive. :(

Festus
01-04-2008, 06:30
Hi

I can see why it's open to debate though so sorry I cant be definitive. :(
I cannot see why this is open for debate.

If you care to read p.42 of the O&G Army Book, the section on Magic Items starts with addressing exactly that problem ...

Festus

neXus6
01-04-2008, 06:33
You want to know why festus? ....
Cause it appears I can't read. :p

Festus
01-04-2008, 06:50
Hi

Oh, I think you can read perfectly ...

... it is just that this is one of those pesky little rules which manage to hide in very plain sight. Chamaleon Rules, I call them - good that they do not have Blowpipes ;)

Festus

havoc626
01-04-2008, 10:17
Cause it appears I can't read.

You're not the only one