PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Night (spoilers)

Gobbo Trouble
01-04-2008, 09:12
just finished this book and thought it was very good and gave a lot of insight into the night lords chapter and the there primarch and why they rebelled against the imperium and the emperor.

*spoiler*
I was just wandering who to believe on the account of who the night haunter wanted to have his corona nox, sahal or acerbus. Did the emperor really try to assassinate the primarch before the heresy even got underway or not and use him as a scapegoat, getting his legion to do stuff and then have a go at him for it infront of the other primarchs?*end of spoiler*

shame how the night lords fell to chaos without sahal there to guide them.

Sir_Turalyon
01-04-2008, 09:49
Yeah, it's probably best BL book published t the date, one of few worth reading twice.

As for your spoiler, book suggested Night Haunter had split personality; consciously he wanted sahal to succeed and believed he is being betrayed by Emperor, subconciously he was helping acerbus and making himself believe Emperor betrayed him. There is possibility that assassin was not sent by Emperor, but someone who tried to push Haunter into rebelion; Horus and Lorgar are likely candidates as both are known of manipulating other Primarchs towards chaotic cause. As Haunter was known of having visions of worst possible future and of fatalisticaly helping that future happen, another possibility is that there was no assassin in his room, but vision of M'Shaen killing him in future.

Imperialis_Dominatus
01-04-2008, 13:22
Turalyon stole all mah words. :(

So, recap. Best BL book EVAR and Night Haunter was split.

I also like the theory that the assassin was sent by Lorgar/Horus to push him to the dark side.

But yeah, I still hold hopes for Sahaal to take back his Legion and lead them through a process of rejecting Chaos as he did. That's the optimist in me though.

Killgore
01-04-2008, 15:36
definatly one of the finest endings in a BL book, much better then Legions ending imho

I was reading it on the train home from a trip up nooorth, i had to reread the ending again in case i had misread it lol

it certainly makes the Night Lords Legion more appealing

Thoth62
01-04-2008, 15:40
I agree. It was probably one of the best BL books I've ever read.

Gobbo Trouble
01-04-2008, 17:17
so there is a plan for a sequel then?

do you think the night lords are too far gone to turn back from chaos, and without the power of chaos how will sahal best acerbus, who is blaintantly stronger and a more powerful fighter.

different13
01-04-2008, 17:27
I hope there isn't a sequel - firstly because Simon Spurrier doesn't work for BL anymore, and secondly because it doesn't need one.
I suppose IF Spurrier wrote it, it would be good (not could, would!)

Anyway, Turalyon has it down pat.

Iracundus
01-04-2008, 18:46
so there is a plan for a sequel then?

do you think the night lords are too far gone to turn back from chaos, and without the power of chaos how will sahal best acerbus, who is blaintantly stronger and a more powerful fighter.

Far too gone to make any significant turn back. The old veterans are all either dead, daemons, or long given in to the "new" ideals of their Legion. New recruits will have never been exposed directly to the Night Haunter or Sahal, and thus never known any other possible facet to the Legion. Sahal would likely come off as a sanctimonious old has-been preacher to them.