PDA

View Full Version : Are attacks from the Empire Arch Lectors war altar magical?

Styles
01-04-2008, 11:10
Are attacks from the Empire Arch Lectors war altar magical?
It does not state it but my opponent says that as the altar is magical giving magic resistance, spells etc that the impact hits and horse attacks are therefore magical. I dont agree.

Atrahasis
01-04-2008, 11:11
He's talking through his hat.

T10
01-04-2008, 11:21
It would also seem that your (Styles) opponent is sitting on said hat.

-T10

Caboose123
01-04-2008, 16:29
Talking through while sitting on a hat?

Good job (Although he doesnt know his rules :D)

kris.sherriff
01-04-2008, 17:15
That, good sir is utter tripe.

It does not say that its attacks count as magical for a reason.

Kris

DeathlessDraich
01-04-2008, 17:26
The general form of the original question needs examination nevertheless.

1) Are attacks magical only if specifically stated?
2) Are attacks created or modified by magical items magical?
3) Do attacks 'stolen' or 'taken from' an enemy model with magical attacks remain magical?

Caboose123
01-04-2008, 19:17
Those are completely different questions...
Good ones too...

1] I would say not really, magic weapons all have magical attacks thats how our LGS plays. Magic is obviously magical. This can lead to some confusing situations though.

2] Or modified by a spell such as Bears Anger. I would say no to items as the lizardmen item Venom of the firefly frog gives your mundane attacks poison, and it also says the attacks count as magical (I might be wrong here, i dont have the book in hand).

3] I think not. You just add 1 attack to your profile and take away 1 from theres. Despite the fact that your using a magical item to steal attacks from a person using a magical weapon :D

/\
- All of the above are answered without having any books at hand, so sorry if there are any silly errors.

WusteGeist
01-04-2008, 21:30
I would like to know what line of bull crap he feed you to make you believe that the pope mobile (local name for it) has magic attacks? Sure as long as the pope is alive it can cast one bound spell, but thats it as far as magic attacks go.