PDA

View Full Version : Power Dice of Doom

Necrotyr18
01-04-2008, 23:44
Well this is my Vampire Count army that I plan to start, any thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord
Vampire Lord - 380
Level 3 Upgrade
Dark Acolyte(Lvl. 4)
Master of the Dark Arts
Sceptre de Noirot
Power Stone

Heros
Vampire - 170
Dark Acolyte
Rod of Flaming Death

Vampire - 170
Dark Acolyte
Staff of Damnation

Vampire - 165
Dark Acolyte
The Book of Arkhan

Core
20 Zombies - 92
Standard
Musician

20 Zombies - 92
Standard
Musician

20 Zombies - 92
Standard
Musician

Corpse Cart - 100
Balefire

Special
15 Grave Guard - 220
Full Command
Banner of Hellfire

15 Grave Guard - 235
Full Command
Banner of the Dead Legion

Rare
5 Cairn Wraiths - 275
Banshee

Total - - 1991

All thoughts are appreciated.

Sarael
02-04-2008, 04:13
My biggest problem is that the only place you can put your vamps is in the GG, and they're all casters so they should be far from combat. GG are elite infantry, and should be in combat. You don't have SCotN, LotD, or SGhouls, so the only thing you're buffing is going to be the zombie tarpits, and zombies die in droves to anything stronger than a gnoblar. As a result of not having much else to do with your power dice, I don't think the sceptre will be necessary.

I love the new wraiths though.

Helm of Commandment on your Lord would be a good idea.

neXus6
02-04-2008, 04:23
Hmm, they are still Vampires though so getting into combat isn't the end of the world. :)

I would suggest, though it is a bit shaded by personal army choice, taking units of skeletons as your Core, giving you more choice in where to put your vamps, then use your magic to just raise all the Zombies you could ever want.
There was a fairly active debate on the whole, buying vs raising zombies and with a magic heavy army raising shouldn't be a problem.

Lord Dan
02-04-2008, 04:44
Drop a grave guard unit. Give the other one banner of the barrows, and boost it up to 20.

With the remaining points give your vampires avatar of death. 2 wounds at T4 is not that amazing for a 170 point character, and no armor save is just asking for some hurting to be put on you.

There's no reason to start with zombies with this much magic. I prefer ghouls, but the choice between them and skeletons is completely up to you. 3 units of 10-15.

No corpse cart?

neXus6
02-04-2008, 05:03
Do you mean drop the corpse cart or he's not got one, cause he does. :)
CCs are kind of a mixed bag aswell, sometimes they seem like the best unit ever, other times could that 100pts be better spent elsewhere? Ah the great debates of a new army book. :D