PDA

View Full Version : How about this Vampire build?

Mayax61
02-04-2008, 16:19
lvl 3 wizard

Vampiric Powers: Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, and Dread Knight
Magic Items: Sword of the Kings, Cadaverous Curaiss, Cursed Book , Crown of the Damned

synopsis: 2+ Armor Save, 4+ ward save, Killing Blow, immune to poison and KB, stupidity, Re-Roll all misses, Gain and extra attack for every wound dealt. Reduce all enemies attacking the Vampire to ws 1 for 1 turn.

this is the Vamp I put with the Blood Knights, so you can also factor in regeneration because I always play with a BSB in that regiment.

blurred
02-04-2008, 16:52
First I thought "That's pretty nasty, though expensive of course" and then I saw this:

this is the Vamp I put with the Blood Knights, so you can also factor in regeneration because I always play with a BSB in that regiment.

So you have the aforementioned vampire and a super expensive BSB in a unit of frenzied knights who should be punchy enough to take care of what comes in their way? I'd seriously reconsider unless you're planning to use them in a 10k game.

Mayax61
02-04-2008, 18:49
First I thought "That's pretty nasty, though expensive of course" and then I saw this:

So you have the aforementioned vampire and a super expensive BSB in a unit of frenzied knights who should be punchy enough to take care of what comes in their way? I'd seriously reconsider unless you're planning to use them in a 10k game.

I typically play a 3000 pt game and use another magic oriented Vampire Lord. I use 5 Blood Knights at a cost of about 350 pts. I have played the new VC about 10 times now and the one constant has been the Blood Knights. Some people call them a point drain. I call them worth it. People say that frenzy is easy enough to take care of by baiting them. So far no one has been ablt to get that trick to work.

Spirit
03-04-2008, 02:16
why make him immune to killing blow? He already has armour and what is the change of him being killing blow'ed?

Lose some items and give him the dreadlance. He now hits automatically, and gets an attack for every 2+ you roll (basically) thats 6-8 wounds easy. combine it with the "armour of toughness6" and your laughing.

Lord Dan
03-04-2008, 05:34
You have magic abilities that are all offensive and magic items that will protect you in really weird circumstances. If he's in with blood knights, I would run this:

Vampire Lord, Lv. 3
Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Dread Knight
Blood Drinker, Crown of the Damned, Gem of Blood.

Of course, you can always expect him to fail his stupidity test when you absolutely have to make that charge. You could always man up, and do the ballin alternative:

Vampire Lord, Lv. 3
Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Dread Knight
Frostblade

warlord hack'a
03-04-2008, 08:12
5 blood knights at 350 points, one vampire lord at 455 points (?), one wight BSB (100some points?) plus regen banner 125 points.

that's more than 1000 points in 7 models, that are frenzied..

eggs all in one basket (with all associated plusses and minuses) if ever there was one.

TK421
03-04-2008, 08:30
My 50 pt Great Eagles say hi!

warlord hack'a
03-04-2008, 10:13
40 points snotling redirecting blocks (you know the knights have to charge them (since the snots block the charge lane to the rest of my force), you know they will be obliterated, you know the knights have to overrun 3d6 inch and guess who will be waiting for the flank charge there, my night gobbo fanatics plus my svg orcs on foot with full ranks, banner, BSB.

This is a very easy deathtrap to set up, worked versus khorne knights, will work just as well versus blood knights.

and other armies can do the same, if any of them (including the setup above) fail however then they are toast as a frontal charge by your uber unit will punch through everything that is not uinbreakable or stubborn on ld 10..

Aschquin
03-04-2008, 11:07
You could possibly drop the Sword of the Kings and the Cursed Book and give a try to the Blood Drinker... You may be quite impressed by the results of this change.

Such setup of force needs also a Blood Keep Flag and a unit of dire Wolves for the screening purposes.

Karhedron
03-04-2008, 19:02
I agree, Blood Drinker is a great choice for a character joining expensive cavalry units.

The Dreadlance/Red Fury combo is great but is truly a case of overkill when added to a unit of Blood Knights. Remeber the Blood Knights on their own dish out 17 S7 attacks on the charge. There is not much in the game that can survive that knid of onslaught.