PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentchian Beasts

darkstar
03-04-2008, 12:59
While my High Elves have had a good run, I want something that's a little more tactical, so I decided on Chaos Beasts.

Beastlord, Mark of Tzeentch, Staff of Change, Additional Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield - 317

Bray Shaman, Mark of Undecided, level 2, Staff of Darkoth - 135

Wargor, Mark of Tzeentch, Heavy Armour, Battle Standard, Beast Banner - 219

Wargor, Mark of Tzeentch, Heavy Armour, Goretooth, Great Weapon - 163

20 Tzaangor, Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Blasted Standard - 340

Beastherd, 8 Gor, 8 Ungor, Full Command - 123

5 Warhounds - 30

5 Warhounds - 30

3 Minotaurs, Mark of Tzeentch - 152

3 Minotaurs, Mark of Tzeentch - 152

6 Furies - 90

8 Caster levels
15 Power dice
1 Bound Item (level 4)
7 Dispel dice
1997 points total

Necromancer2
03-04-2008, 18:49
I like the list.. but why Tzeentch?

darkstar
03-04-2008, 21:56
Mostly because I can convert them in weird and wonderful ways. I can include minotaurs without using the ghastly models for them.

What would you suggest?

Damian
04-04-2008, 00:20
You have 15 power dice by the way - 4 for the lord, 2 for each hero, 3 for your marked units and 2 for the army. You also have 7 dispel dice

ChaosCajun
04-04-2008, 03:03
I play a Tzeentch BoC list and find the Tzaangors dicey. I like 6 Centigors and a unit of Dragon Ogres instead. You lose a power die but you gain some fast moving, hard hitters. It also gives you more variety and the interesting results of drunken donkeys running amok in the woods.

I normally give a ward save item to my characters if possible to help survivability, but that's personal preference.

darkstar
05-04-2008, 10:41
I play a Tzeentch BoC list and find the Tzaangors dicey. I like 6 Centigors and a unit of Dragon Ogres instead. You lose a power die but you gain some fast moving, hard hitters. It also gives you more variety and the interesting results of drunken donkeys running amok in the woods.

I normally give a ward save item to my characters if possible to help survivability, but that's personal preference.

For ward saves, I'm relying on yellow fire and orange fire. I tend not to have characters die since nobody I play picks characters out unless it's in a challenge. It's considered bad sport to lay all your attacks on the mage in the front rank with whatever meaty fighty things you have without at least forewarning him that he's about to get brained.

As for the Tzaangor, I am including the battle standard in there, so it's 13 WS4 S6 attacks on the charge, plus an often Bears Angered BSB. The Tzaangor also will likely be having a 5+ ward.

I can see the appeal of centigor and dragon ogres, but that'd mean I'd have to figure out how to convert dragon ogres to not look like chod. I'll give it some thought. I'll probably run both lists, in all fairness.

You have 15 power dice by the way - 4 for the lord, 2 for each hero, 3 for your marked units and 2 for the army. You also have 7 dispel dice

You're right. I completely forgot the natural dice.

Cartoon
05-04-2008, 14:15
So is the general formation for warhounds five to a unit or is that just personal preference?

Papawolf
05-04-2008, 21:47
yeah tzaangors arent amazing tbh

and why the bray shaman?

if its for the lore the thats fine

if its cos the staff says shamans only it does state in the BoC book that hte term 'shaman' covers all bray shamans and those with hte mark of tzeentch

but otherwise an excellent list

what r u thinking of for ur minotaurs?

wolfenstein
06-04-2008, 09:54
a reasonabley nice list but maybe drop the furies and dogs for another unit of minotaurs but maybe thats just personal preferance.

fubukii
06-04-2008, 12:10
why not give your lord the staff of darkhoth instead of the bray shaman? a 9+ to cast spell on 3dice isnt always they most reliable thing. Its a pretty game breaking spell so i would want to make sure it gets cast. It also counts as a great weapon in combat, so why not give it to the beastlord?

- id probably give your lord a ward/regen save
- id drop the bray shaman as i dont see the point of him if your playing tzeetch your lvl 2 wargors arent to much more expensive point wise but get a good statline

darkstar
06-04-2008, 21:35
So is the general formation for warhounds five to a unit or is that just personal preference?
It's just because that's all I had left in points. That, and I don't intend for them to do more than flank charge and march block.

yeah tzaangors arent amazing tbh

and why the bray shaman?

if its for the lore the thats fine

if its cos the staff says shamans only it does state in the BoC book that hte term 'shaman' covers all bray shamans and those with hte mark of tzeentch
but otherwise an excellent list

what r u thinking of for ur minotaurs?
The Bray Shaman because I love the Lore of Beasts and it means I won't run out of targets for that many spells.

For the minotuars, 1 is going to be based off the mordheim mino, one will be based off of Belakor, and one of the Horned Rat, two from the spawn box (beast heads, obviously). I've yet to come up with my sixth.

a reasonabley nice list but maybe drop the furies and dogs for another unit of minotaurs but maybe thats just personal preferance.
I understand why you would think them better choices, but I'm really looking for something with lots of tactical play, so furies and warhounds are pretty essential for mobility.

why not give your lord the staff of darkhoth instead of the bray shaman? a 9+ to cast spell on 3dice isnt always they most reliable thing. Its a pretty game breaking spell so i would want to make sure it gets cast. It also counts as a great weapon in combat, so why not give it to the beastlord?
I see your point, and honestly considered it, but I couldn't take both the staff of Darkoth and Change on the same model, so I thought it best to have both.

- id drop the bray shaman as i dont see the point of him if your playing tzeetch your lvl 2 wargors arent to much more expensive point wise but get a good statline
I see your point, but my concern is with running out of targets for decent spells to be cast on, as is the problem with having several mages with the same lore. That, and I love the lore of Beasts. Give a Bray Shaman the Bear's Anger and he's kicking more backside than your average wargor. :D

skank
06-04-2008, 23:36
That list is very similar to my old beast list. I totally get you with the beastlore shaman, very useful and the warhounds (just stay away from friends to avoid panic) and furies are vital.

Tzaangor really are substandard though. They will be very good on the charge but getting them the charge, even magically, won't be easy after one or two games. They are easy pickings with expensive characters too. Beast chariots are a very good core choice, much better imo.