PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt RTT Tomb Kings list

BigJon
03-04-2008, 22:46
I have an upcoming RTT at 2000 points. I know I will be facing off against
High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Chaos so I need to plan for all comers.

This is the list I came up with. It does consist of what I do own.
I do have a few more models to pick from if I need to.
Its a construct heavy list.

Tomb King
General
Chariot
Flail of Skulls

Liche Priest
Hierophant
Hieratic Jar
Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest
Hand Weapon
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

3 Chariots

3 Chariots

6 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen

6 Ushabti

3 Carrion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Bone Giant

Bone Giant

Advice on how to run this list?

Conotor
03-04-2008, 23:35
IMO, TK fast cav are better then their heavy cav.

StormCrow
04-04-2008, 07:05
All I'd suggest would be to drop the heavy cav and a couple of ushabti so you can field a prince on chariot. I swear that the abilities of a chariot unit double once a character is added. Also it makes the TK magic phase that little bit more unrelenting.
The list looks good and surprisingly mobile, VERY different to my TK list (2 blocks of tomb guard with archers and SSC's :p). I'll be interested to see how it fares.

BigJon
04-04-2008, 11:36
Good idea StormCrow. I dropped the Heavy Cav and 3 Ushabti. I added a TP on Chariot and gave him the Spear of Antarhak and gave the TK Crown of Kings and gave the uint of
Chariots he will be with a Champ, Standard Bearer with a Magic Banner of Undying Legion.

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

BigJon

Hawkmoon
04-04-2008, 12:38
The list looks pretty solid now.

one suggestion...

If you can find the points you may want to give the second LP a steed as he's going to get left behind. aaaaaaand if you could somehow squeeze out some more points, how about 5 Light Cav to give him a body guard?

BigJon
04-04-2008, 16:56
@Hawkmoon.

Good suggestion. I am able to mount the LP on a steed, the updated list was a few points
shy of 2000 so the steed takes it to 2002. But, the scroll caddy LP is going to be walking behind the Ushabti
helping them move forward and stay healthy, the other LP is going to stay behind the two bone giants.

I plan on playing the giants on one flank and the Scor's and Carrion on the other flank. The Carrion will rush
forward to take on any war machines. The Ushabti and Chariots will make up the center of the line.
The Giants will try and fold the flank and make it toward the center in enough time to flank charge any
large units the Chariot's get tangled in with. The Scorps will attempt to hunt any single model
wizards/characters and help with the warmachines. I have tried in the past to bury them but its never
really turned out how I hope so this time they stay above ground.

BigJon

Sinadra
05-04-2008, 02:31
nice list you should do well