PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Empire Army List

Azbag#1
04-04-2008, 01:02
I've been trying to come up with a GW Gamesday list for my Empire army. After some play testing I've found that the Arch Lector and pair of battle wizards that are in the list will never change or be removed. The Arch Lector goes in with the Greatswords who are in a 7x3 formation. Each of the wizards will go in a Swordsmen unit that is 5x5. The Halberdiers are in a 3x3 formation to allow them to move through small spaces with little to no problems. The Warrior Priest is included with the Knights of the Inner Circle. They are used for small unit smashing, ect. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks

Arch Lector of Sigmar 186 pts
Great Weapon, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Van Horstman's Speculum

Warrior Priest of Sigmar 156 pts
Barding; Shield; Warhorse; Sword of Might; Dawn Armour;Warhorse

Battle Wizard of the Amethyst Order 150 pts
Magic Level 2; Ring of Volans (Death); Rod of Power

Battle Wizard of the Bright Order 140 pts
Magic Level 2; Doomfire Ring; Wizard's Staff

24 Swordsmen 263 pts
Light Armour; Shield; Full command
Detachment - 5 Crossbowmen crossbows
Detachment - 9 Halberdiers Halberd; Light Armour; Shield

24 Swordsmen 263 pts
Light Armour; Shield; Full command
Detachment - 5 Crossbowmen crossbows
Detachment - 9 Halberdiers Halberd; Light Armour; Shield

Great Cannon 100 pts

Great Cannon 100 pts

20 Greatswords 294 pts
Stubborn; Great Weapon; Full Plate Armor; Full Command
Detachment - 8 Archers

6 Knightly Orders 178 pts
Barding; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Shield; Full command

Helstorm Rocket Batter 115 pts

Helblaster Volley Gun 110 pts

5 Knights of the Inner Circle 195 pts
Barding; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Shield; Full command; War Banner

Roel
04-04-2008, 09:15
Seems like a very solid and balanced army. The only thing I'm not so sure of is the Helblaster Volley Gun. Too unpredictable for my taste. With the points I would field some Flagellants. These guys have yet to let me down. Just a thought....

Von Wibble
04-04-2008, 22:00
I would trade the helstorm (really unreliable) for a unit of pistoliers. But you can't do that as you don't have the specials! I also find anything more than 2 large units of infantry + detachments tricky to deploy - I would change 1 swordsman unit for flagellants (nice blocking unit) - either 1 large unit of 2 smaller roadblocks. You would also be able to get a larger unit of crossbows/handguns with the change.

Characters are OK - not sure about ring of volans though. Rod of Power is the best item available to empire (and one of the best for any army) - I would try to find room for this.