PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt orc and goblin time, lets make it competative.

Gralph!?!
04-04-2008, 20:41
ok members of the warseer public, i have heard many a comment about the orcs and goblin armies not being anywhere nearly competative enough in tournaments, i am hoping to dispel that myth, when i am able to i shall be making an army that is for tournaments but an orc and gobbo list of madness and yet plenty of hardcore units to make the army itself a rather hard one to face.

i have a fairly good idea of how an orc and goblin army works, i can use them to a fairly devastating effect but i am not exactly experianced in the whole tournament style of play for fantasy.

as a result i emplore you all with the experiance at such places to help me out in exposing weakness' and what the typical sort of army is that one would expect to fight.

what i would take is as follows but would it have a good chance in a tournament?

Orc Warboss, Martogs Best Basha, Bigged's Kickin' Boots, Warboss 'umms Best Boss 'at, Light Armour, Shield 201pts

Night Goblin Shaman, Lvl 2 Wizard, staff of stealin' 135pts

Goblin Shaman, Lvl 2 Wizard, Wolf, 1 Dispel Scroll 127pts

Night Goblin Big Boss, Wollopa's One Hit Wunda, Spear, Enchanted Shield, Light armour, Giant Squig 108pts

20 Orc Boyz, 2 Choppas, Full Command 170pts

20 Orc Boyz, 2 Choppas, Full Command 170pts

20 Orc Arrer Boyz, Full Command 150pts

30 Night Goblins, Spears, Shields, Full Command, 2 Fanatic 190pts

5 Wolf Riders, Short bows, Light Armour, Musician 71pts

5 Wolf Riders, Short bows, Light Armour, Musician 71pts

5 Wolf Riders, Spears, Light Armour, Musician 71pts

6 Spider Riders, Spears, Shields, Musician 84pts

2 Spear Chukka's 70pts

2 Spear Chukka's 70pts

10 Squig Hoppers 150pts

4 Trolls 160pts

Total 1998pts

this is what i think is a rather hard army since it has plenty of fast stuff to cause havoc, the basic infantry who should get the charge depending on the proper usage of the waaagh should be able charge and ought to be able to break the opponent, the arrer boys are there for support along with the spear chukkas which are what i will need to deal with big scary things while the arrer boys are in the end a unit of orcs with choppas for a good defence. the hoppers and boss gobbo are a way to deal with scary stuff and if the boss squig charges then there are a lot nasty surprises since there are alot of strength 5 attacks then afterwards it can be strength 10 for bigger scary units like knights and such.

either way this army seems very competative to me and has a few surprises to deal with the enemy hard stuff.

TL : DR

would this army be cometative in a full on tournament or would it fail?

Arguleon-veq
05-04-2008, 01:13
I dont see it as ultra competative at all to be honest.

The two hardest lists out there at the mo i think are VC and HE, all your fast cav would be next to useless against those [failing fear tests and getting chopped up before they can attack respectively].

Your Warboss will probably be chopped up by most 'fighty' characters.

I dont think your Night Gobbos Big Boss can ever use his Spear, you may as well give him the battlebrew as it doesnt reallyhave any negative effects on a guy on a Giant Cave Squig.

Get a 3rd Fanatic in those Night Gobbos.

Yuor Orc units seem a bit light, especially with having no Shields. I run 2 Choppas too, but in units of 30, even then they dont pack enough punch without a Big Boss in there [I make him a Black Orc to stop animosity].

Not much point in the Arrer Boys I dont think.

I dont think 5 Dispell would really cut it in a tourny either, not with only 1 scroll. I have 7 Dispell with+ 1 to dispell . I still get hit pretty hard by High Elves and Vamp Counts in the magic phase. I run a great shaman with 2 other shamans then have a Black Orc Big Boss as my actual general.

The Squig Hoppers are fine although the unit seems rather big.

I dont really find Trolls to be very competative.

Still, it is a nice list and Im sure its fun to play with and against and its certainly good enough to win games, [B]but I dont see it being ultra competative.