PDA

View Full Version : What Daemon Army will you play?

LKHERO
05-04-2008, 01:05
What combination will you play? Are you going to do Khorne? Pure Tzeetch?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm planning to do pure Khorne. They fit my personality/play-style the best.

Do you think Core is the way to play it? Or should you take advantage of the Daemon's 3 Core, 4 Special and 2 Rare?

sulla
05-04-2008, 02:25
Shadow daemons led by a blood daemon. (KoS, flamers, screamers, seekers, flesh hounds, horrors and a few smallish daemonette units.)

Core in my opinion, should be played in units large enough that they can't all be killed in a sungle turn. They become your anvils. The real damage is done by the flankers swooping in and breaking the enemy after they are stopped by your centre. (Works in theory ;):D)

LKHERO
05-04-2008, 03:33
For some reason, I just don't feel as if the Core is worth it.

12 points for a Bloodletter with T3 and Ld.7 is really pitiful. Given they have S5 and Killing Blow, I just can't see them as being my center.

destroyerhive
05-04-2008, 20:22
Slaanesh All Way!!!!

Rikkjourd
05-04-2008, 20:26
I think I will use Plaguebearers as anvils. They have T4 and cloud of flies or something like that, right?

Akuma
05-04-2008, 22:07
Slannesh mixed with Tzeensh - as thay dont hate each other and both suit my personality and play style best ... on top of that i want to do myself a WH40K army first then put a litle nail in each of my miniatures legs to conver the bases and use my deamons in both systems ...

I think that siren - if it is as i read about it here , it will rock like no tomarrow ...

Ethlorien
05-04-2008, 22:11
Slaanesh primarily. I might incorporate a little Khorne and Nurgle into it. I rarely touch Tzeentch to begin with.

][nquist0r
05-04-2008, 22:12
Nurgle looks as solid as hell... People underestimate nurgle magic, but it really is quite good. You should see peoples faces fall when you get pestulence off a couple times on a heavy cav unit or something else really expensive.

Nabeshin1106
05-04-2008, 22:43
I'm going to be running mostly Slaanesh, with some Counts As units thrown in. I actually have my 2k list all set.

Keeper
3 Heralds
40 Daemonettes (1 block of 20 with Command, 2 units of 10)
10 Seekers (Split into 2 units of 5)
10 Furies (Using Harpy models, 2 units of 5)
10 Fleshhounds (Using Kroot Hounds for models, 2 units of 5)
2 Fiends.

kyussinchains
06-04-2008, 10:23
I'm planning on building all my daemons up to the level where I can take god themed armies or a mixture.

I'm loving nurgle for resilience.... plaguebearers with T4, a 5+ ward AND regeneration? (as long as there is a herald in the unit) how tough?? and those regenerating beasts will be a great addition too. couple that with scouting nurglings, epidemius beefing up your whole army, or a great unclean one hurling nurgling bombs at the enemy..... sounds amazing!

tzeentch will be awesome in that it will be the first chaos army which relies on shooting(!!) as well as magic, loads of flamers, firing their 18" S4 fireballs, supported by big blocks of cackling horrors, blasting magic everywhere....

bloodcrushers tramping everything under foot..... daemonettes shredding those units of elves to bits.....

April 26th can't come quick enough as far as I'm concerned!

xragg
06-04-2008, 19:41
Slannesh mixed with Tzeensh - as thay dont hate each other and both suit my personality and play style best ... on top of that i want to do myself a WH40K army first then put a litle nail in each of my miniatures legs to conver the bases and use my deamons in both systems ...

I think that siren - if it is as i read about it here , it will rock like no tomarrow ...

You can use square bases in 40k with no problem. All my 40k chaos demons are on square bases.

logan054
06-04-2008, 19:47
seriously good luck doing a pure god army unless your willing to "count as" with many of the units, what each god has 3 units, that would make for a very dull game to say the least.

Voss
06-04-2008, 19:56
I think I will use Plaguebearers as anvils. They have T4 and cloud of flies or something like that, right?

Sadly, cloud of flies has gone away.

Tuch
06-04-2008, 22:03
I think I'll see what I can do with Nurlge backed up by a bit of Khorne.

oCoYoRoAoKo
06-04-2008, 22:55
im planning on doing the following:

Keeper of Secrets
Herald of Tzeentch
Herald of Tzeentch

10 Daemonettes
10 Daemonettes
10 Daemonettes

5 Mounted Daemonettes
5 Mounted Daemonettes
5 Mounted Daemonettes