PDA

View Full Version : My first VC army 1k

brambleten
05-04-2008, 11:36
ok, this is my first attempt at a VC force. please feel free to rip it to shreds if you want to. all CC welcome

Mannfred the Acolyte
- Black Periapt

Necromancer
-Extra Spell, Sceptre de Noirot, Power Stone

15 Ghouls

14 Ghouls

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

14 Grave Guard
- Full Command, Banner of the Dead Legion

3 Cairn Wraiths

total: 1000

Mannfred joins GG, Necro the smaller ghoul unit.
PD:5 + Stone
DD: 4 (i dont know whether this is enough)

i already have some ghouls (10), the wolves and the wraiths, so i would like to keep them in. everything else can be changed.

l1ttle
05-04-2008, 11:51
If I where you then I should get rid of some Crypt gouhls and dire wolves for skellies or maybe a unit of Blood/black knights to get some more power in you're army during CC than letting you're CC rest upon the grave Guard

brambleten
05-04-2008, 12:20
i could change a unit of ghouls for a unit of skellies, but they would be basic skellies with no command, and i would rather have the 2 poisoned attacks. i find the wolves to be cheap flankers, which would be denied me if i got rid of a unit. besides, there isnt a lot i could do for 40 pts, and blood knights are a no-no, until i see how good my wraiths are. with 9 str 5 attacks between them, i would say i could rely on them in CC as well

One.Fit.Outcast.
05-04-2008, 19:13
ANOTHER ARMY!?!?!?!
You have issues you know barkley...
What do you mean "is 4 dispel dice enough" for playing 1k points? Who's gonna be able to completely dominate you with magic at 1k points ey? And more to the point, who cares? Cause you'll rip them to pieces in combat..well that's what I think anyway =]
But you know me, I'm a Khorne player =P

brambleten
05-04-2008, 19:22
well, im sure that i could figure out a way to own the magic phases against these, but thats with my High Elves, and that doesnt count. besides, they were going to be empire but i thought that vamps had more character. anyway, im addicted to shiny things :)

yes, khorne could beat me. but then again, how is khorne really going to stop ethereals killing everything that doesnt have magic weapons with no other magic :eyebrows:

Sarael
05-04-2008, 23:50
I'd have tried to find a way for either a dread knight or jaguar vamp, but other than that quibble I like it. Only thing I'd drop for him is the necro and a few RNF here and there to get the points to match up, but that's me. I can't find the right way to play VC at 1k yet, though I'd never considered Manfred.

brambleten
06-04-2008, 11:51
ok, ive expanded this list to 1.5k and 2k, both based on this list. - note these lists have been edited
Vampire
- Summon Ghouls, Dark Acolyte
- Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of the Lycni, Sword of Battle

Necromancer
-Extra Spell, Sceptre de Noirot, Power Stone, Biting Blade

Wight Lord
- skeletal steed with Barding

15 Ghouls

14 Ghouls

20 Skeletons
- command

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

14 Grave Guard
- Full Command, Banner of the Dead Legion

5 black knights
- barding, command, Banner of the Burrows

3 Cairn Wraiths

total: 1500

and then the 2k list,

Vampire Lord
- Summon Ghouls, Dark Acolyte, Forbidden Lore
- Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of the Lycni, Sword of battle, Talisman of Protection, Black Periapt

Vampire
- Dread Knight, Walking (well, riding) Death
- Walach's Bloody Hauberk

Wight Lord
- skeletal steed with Barding, sword of kings, Enchanted Shield

15 Ghouls

14 Ghouls

20 Skeletons
- command

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves
- Doom Wolf

13 Grave Guard
- Full Command, Royal Banner of the Dead Legion

5 black knights
- barding, command, Banner of the Burrows

3 Cairn Wraiths

1 Vargulf

total: 1998

Lord Dan
06-04-2008, 15:03

Ugh...special characters. GW's crutch for people who run marathons. Firstly, drop Mannfred and make up your own vampire.

That being said, does Mannfred have summon ghouls? If he doesn't, I would start them small and make them flanking units. (I take units of 10 and raise them up.)

I know there will be a Wight King in the unit, but 5 black knights hitting on 4's is a hilarious prospect. Give them the banner of the barrows, so your Wight king also gets +1 to hit AND he won't die from combat resolution with the unit in 2 turns.

Drop the balefire spike on the wight king. If you give this to him, he loses killing blow.

Well, since Mannfred takes up all your points, your list doesn't change at all at 2K points, save a Vargulf and a better setup on your Wight King.

brambleten
06-04-2008, 15:39
ive edited the 1.5k list so i have a DIY Vampire and banner of the Burrows. the necro has the biting blade to make up the remaining 5 points. i will edit the second list to put in another vamp for extra magic and upgrade to a one to a lord level.

2k list edited, no necro but now more wolves and a mounted vamp to go in the Grave Guard
should i keep the doom wolf or should i get an extra GG instead?

One.Fit.Outcast.
12-04-2008, 13:44
anything without magic weapons can't kill ethereal creatures, that doesn't just apply to khorne. oh, and 2 words.. combat resolution =P
consider that even knights of khorne will outnumber 3 cairn wraiths, plus have a banner, and they're pretty tough really so you shoudlnt kill more than 2 so combat would be a draw at best for u..
my empire'd struggle more @tm with their wall of mundane firepower... but then watch out for Cap'n Shaggy XD mwuahaha..
with your army, is the idea to slowly march forward then reach combat on about turn 4 and hope to win by combat res.? other than dire wolves which will chase down artillery and lone wizards etc?.. that could get a bit dull really

_Lucian_
12-04-2008, 14:14
Yes one.fit.outcast. however combat turn 2 he would kill another 2 leaving only 1 knight left :) and remember thats only 150points (much cheaper than even normal knight who are given MoK0

Personally at 2k i would upgrade those Wraiths to 6strong. i dont find 3 enough personally. I also really like Manfred (lord version), they made him oh so powerfull, much better points for value than a kitted out DIY vamp.

brambleten
12-04-2008, 18:59
tom: im sure i can get some things into combat in the first turn if you want them to be :)
_Lucian_: i would like to upgrade the wraiths to 6 strong, but i cant really see where to drop the points from. i can get an extra 2 by dropping a ghoul and the wolves, but then i lose some valuable pace, which it has been pointed out that the force lacks already