PDA

View Full Version : Gnoblars as grots

Fay_Redd
05-04-2008, 15:18
im pretty sure this has been put out there many many times before but for my orks i want to use gnoblars as gretchin. i need some views on weather i should take up conversion work or leave them as they are. thanks for reading and help me out by leaving your views :D

Sabbad
05-04-2008, 15:24
Coverting them to have guns would be a good way of keeping them WYSIWYG and 40Kish imo.

Perfect Organism
05-04-2008, 15:32
I think they work better than goblins, but they do need some guns.

chaos0xomega
05-04-2008, 17:37
psst... Fay_Redd here is a secret:

You read for this?

SNOTLINGS!!!

They are the perfect size(maybe a bit too small...) but for 15 bucks you get between 10 and 20 of them in each blister(they are warhammer fantasy). You just need to give them guns and voila, grotz!

Moriarty
05-04-2008, 19:20
No earthly reason you should not use them for grots. Remember, grots get the sweepings as far as equipment goes, so if you want to count bows/spears as grot blastas, go ahead.

If you decide to add guns, and would like to scratch build, try cobbling together basic pistols from square & round section rod (available from hobby stores). Remember to add the butt of the gun protruding from the underside of your grots fist, though.

Cheers,

Clang
05-04-2008, 20:19
rumours continue that the 5th Ed box set will include some grots amongst the orks. That may be nothing more than wishful thinkng, but i for one will be waiting before modelling any grots. (I also want to see how much 5th Ed improves grots' combat value.)

Fay_Redd
05-04-2008, 20:32
Thankyou all for your input, it has all been taken in and processed, yeah i figured simply using the noblars as they are to be a decent idea, as grots in my ork clan dont generally go to fight and often fashion their own tools for simply self defence really. but a nice sharp bit of slate might do some damage, hehehe unlikely. (personally written fluff FTW). obviously i will need to get a pack of circle bases but thats not hard. thnx again.

Thrax
05-04-2008, 20:35
I think gnoblars would make great gretchin. As others have said, some ranged weaponry, no matter how crude, is in order. Besides, conversion work is quite a bit of the fun when building an ork army...anything goes! It's really not too hard after a few tries, and paint can hide lots of things you don't quite like. I say go for it.

Niibl
05-04-2008, 20:37
I like the idea of Gnoblars as grots.
They look more underdoglike and I love the comical aspect which reminds me of the good old Paul Bonner illustrations.
(I bet they used them as reference for the gnoblar design.)
A little green stuff and some small cuts combined with these pistols (http://www.playmo-portal.com/playmodb/set.php?id=9524&part=9533&resultid=&page=) will make a good number of grotz in no time (painting aside).

Fay_Redd
05-04-2008, 20:46
um ok, not what i was thinking. thanks for the thought buts thats a no. @ Niibl

Son of Makuta
05-04-2008, 20:47
They all have slings and stuff anyway, don't they? They'll do as grot blastas...