PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Lore doubt

oop
05-04-2008, 21:35
A quick one:

My Vamp with forbidden lore knows all spells of any lore or necromancy (no life, ok), so he doesnīt roll for spells...so far so good

Now, do I have to declare WICH lore is he using?

Played the other day assuming he doesnīt, want to know people's view on this particular.

(My opponent insisted on it, actually, we play regulary and like to keep stuff as secret as possible)

theunwantedbeing
05-04-2008, 21:36
Yes at the start of the game you declare which lore he is using.

Grimtuff
05-04-2008, 22:01
Correct, you don't just (pun intended) "Magically" spring it upon your opponent which Lore you're using.

This is more a gaming etiquette thing than anything else.

SuperBeast
05-04-2008, 22:34
As you should roll for spells in front of your opponent before deployment, you'd need to declare it.

Bad form not to.

Arnizipal
05-04-2008, 22:42
Forbidden lore is a bloodline power. I believe you have to reveal those at the start of the battle.
Bloodline Powers (like magical items) only need to be revealed when you actually use them. In this case that would technically be the first time you cast a non necromancy/lore of Vampires spell.

However I agree that gaming etiquette requires you to state which lore you'll be using at the start of the game, even if you don't have to roll for spells.

oop
05-04-2008, 22:56
That was my point, Arnizipal, you donīt use the power till you cast a spell...

That being said, I just did it because we agreed it beforehand. My mate knew before the battle that my Vamp would have forbidden lore and didnt want to know his spells

Against anyone else I would have declared it at the start of the battle, as it kinda shows bad manners

Nurgling Chieftain
06-04-2008, 00:57
That was my point, Arnizipal, you donīt use the power till you cast a spell...I disagree. You use the power at the time you would normally roll for spells (thereby getting all of them instead of 1-4 of them; you can't possibly convince me that that's not using the power!) - so you have to declare (A) that you're using that power and (B) which lore you're not rolling for. Claiming you don't have to declare it then is simply not in the rules for that power, so it's wrong on the face of it. It's the equivalent of rolling for your spells without declaring which lore you're rolling for... "I got 1 and 3, I'll decide which lore they're in when I first cast..."

Arnizipal
06-04-2008, 01:08
I disagree. You use the power at the time you would normally roll for spells (thereby getting all of them instead of 1-4 of them; you can't possibly convince me that that's not using the power!) - so you have to declare (A) that you're using that power and (B) which lore you're not rolling for.
That's a good point actually.

T10
06-04-2008, 10:18
That was my point, Arnizipal, you donīt use the power till you cast a spell...

Actually, you use the Lore when you select spells. In the standard scenario, that's step 2 (p. 2).

-T10